Aeneas Williams enjoying life as Hall of Famer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_dc835375-c137-56f5-96df-816fa17775fc.html

This guy is a class individual. I will always regret that he did not win a SB with us, losing to the Putriots during the Cam Corder days. Just a class guy...

ORLANDO, Fla. • Since his retirement as a player following the 2004 season, defensive back Aeneas Williams has grown accustomed to being greeted by fans when out in public.

But since his selection to the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Feb. 1, those greetings have multiplied and the warm feelings have intensified.

“One of the greatest treats that probably my wife and I experience — and the children — is when fans come up and they take a moment to tell you with a smile on their face about the pleasant memories they experienced as a result of seeing me play, or seeing some of those good teams that I played on play,” Williams said.

“That’s one of the most rewarding feelings. And that’s what I like to tell the current players, because sometimes when you’re playing you’re not aware of it. But that moment in time — that three hours that that fan is seated in that stadium, or looking at it through digital (media) or television — how you play, years later, you will be reminded. Good, bad, or indifferent.

“I’ve always gotten that type of positive feedback. But now as a Hall of Fame inductee, it has heightened even more wherever I go. People take a moment and say, ‘Hey, thank you.’ So it’s pretty awesome.”

As he spoke in the hallway of the Ritz-Carlton hotel here this week, site of the NFL owners meetings, Williams recceived similar salutations. Only this time it came from coaches, club executives and owners congratulating him on his Hall of Fame career.

One of those well-wishers was Denver Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway, now the general manager of the Broncos. Williams, by the way, intercepted two passes against Elway and the Broncos as a rookie in 1991.

Williams said he’s the 287th player to be inducted into the Hall.

“And I think they’re telling me, only about 130 of us are still alive,” Williams said. “So just the humility to be considered one of the best to ever play the game, it’s amazing. That’s the term I use. Truly amazing.”

Williams has decided on his presenter at induction ceremonies in August in Canton, Ohio. It will be his father, Lawrence Williams.

Williams attended the owners meetings as the Midwest director of the NFL’s Legends program. Former Rams offensive tackle Orlando Pace works with Williams in the program. The Legends program is relatively new, launching in the summer of 2013.

Williams addressed owners, club executives and coaches during a full session at the owners meetings Monday, updating them on the program.

“Our primary role is to re-engage former players,” Williams said. “Re-engage them with the league in terms of our programs, opportunities that are still available through the league. Reconnect them with the league as well as with the local clubs in the cities where they live.

“There’s so much still available for former players. Sometimes when guys transition (out of their playing careers), they’re not well informed on programs. Transition programs. Continuing education programs.”

After his address, Williams was asked by some if he’s still interested in playing. Hey, it is the free agency period.

“I had some joke around, some coaches and things like that,” Williams said, laughing. “But I’m quick to say it’s time for the current generation.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah. He got my name from somewhere and asked me to work on his AV system. Once I got there, he just sat and chatted.

Did you actually charge him for your work....:p

RamzFanz

Damnit
Did you actually charge him for your work....:p

Nope. I fixed a few things to get him going again and told him he needed a major upgrade but he never went through with it. His system was old but he really didn't seem to care.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nope. I fixed a few things to get him going again and told him he needed a major upgrade but he never went through with it. His system was old but he really didn't seem to care.

Okay, the big question. Did you get him to sign anything?