advanced defensive stats

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
I was posting this in another thread - but then thought people might want to look at it...

definitely a mixed bag

we rank 7th in yards per play.. but then also are 7th worse on 3rd down.. as one example.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I dreaded clicking this thread. I can't believe we're only 7th worse on 3rd Down. Thought we'd be dead last. Other than when the opposition drops a ball on 3rd down, I can't really remember many times when we made a play to stop a team on 3rd down. It's atrocious.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I was posting this in another thread - but then thought people might want to look at it...

definitely a mixed bag

we rank 7th in yards per play.. but then also are 7th worse on 3rd down.. as one example.
Yeah hard to believe they are 7th best at anything this season. They couldn't stop a nose bleed on Monday. They just looked sof...... Oops. They didn't execute. :)

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm not shocked by the numbers, on either end.
I think they can get it done and I don't think they're scheme is fundamentally flawed. They had about every decision they made on D be the wrong one, last week, and just didn't execute on top of it.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

definitely a mixed bag

Here's one related to giving up 3d down conversions.

Rams are 23d in opponent time of possession. And all the teams behind us except the Chargers are having either bad or really bad seasons.

Green Bay is 4th.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
It's the soft zone that we play. Even on 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 4, I see the cornerbacks lined up like 8 - 10 yards away from the LOS and I'm screaming at my TV as the pass goes exactly where there is that cushion. And then you have the other teams best receivers on 3rd and short get a free release from the LOS and lo and behold, the 3rd down is converted to those receivers.

It doesn't seem like rocket science but it puzzles me that Morris hasn't figured this out.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The defensive unit is just not that cohesive. They lost more than starters this off-season but it hasn’t helped that Morris has almost schemed our DBs into bad spots.

I have to say, losing Holland has had more of an impact than I thought it would.

Subpar performance by Floyd.

Secondary has gone from the best to below average. That shouldn’t happen with Ramsey back there. Put him on the #1 and be done with it.

STOP THE RUN!
I find it disappointing that our celebrated rookie BB3 can’t get on the field when it is obvious that the DL needs reinforcements.

The TOP # is not surprising. We are consistently losing that battle lately.

ESTABLISH THE RUN!

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
The defensive unit is just not that cohesive. They lost more than starters this off-season but it hasn’t helped that Morris has almost schemed our DBs into bad spots.

I have to say, losing Holland has had more of an impact than I thought it would.

Subpar performance by Floyd.

Secondary has gone from the best to below average. That shouldn’t happen with Ramsey back there. Put him on the #1 and be done with it.

STOP THE RUN!
I find it disappointing that our celebrated rookie BB3 can’t get on the field when it is obvious that the DL needs reinforcements.

The TOP # is not surprising. We are consistently losing that battle lately.

ESTABLISH THE RUN!
Floyd has lost containment a few times but I wouldn't say he's been subpar. He has 7.5 sacks so far.