Adrian Wilson released by Cards

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I know he's not the spring chicken at this point (11 years in) but I always hated playing aginast him because he, IMO, was one of the best safeties in the league. Punishing hitter and very good against the run.

So if he were at a reasonable price, would you have interest? I still think he's got a few good years left in him.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
bwdenverram said:
I know he's not the spring chicken at this point (11 years in) but I always hated playing aginast him because he, IMO, was one of the best safeties in the league. Punishing hitter and very good against the run.

So if he were at a reasonable price, would you have interest? I still think he's got a few good years left in him.
Pass but it does make us choosing a safety in the second round instead of the first less attractive.
I expect they won't go safety first round,they draft too high,but second round,probably.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
bwdenverram said:

Pass but it does make us choosing a safety in the second round instead of the first less attractive.
I expect they won't go safety first round,they draft too high,but second round,probably.

I personally don't mind drafting a couple safeties but I'm a little hesitant if we started two rookies day 1. Of course depending on what happens with Mikell. Would rather have at least one veteran presence out there. Unless of course we get Vaccaro and Elam or Rambo..

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I would never pass on Adrian Wilson. I don't even think about money when it comes to hypotheticals like that. My job, as a fan, is to determine which player would make my team kick ass, and then let the bean counters figure out a way to make it work. There is no better safety, in my opinion, than Adrian Wilson.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
X said:
I would never pass on Adrian Wilson. I don't even think about money when it comes to hypotheticals like that. My job, as a fan, is to determine which player would make my team kick ass, and then let the bean counters figure out a way to make it work. There is no better safety, in my opinion, than Adrian Wilson.

Amen X. I was hoping I wasn't the only one with a man crush on him, so to speak. Dude is built like a truck.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I would take 11 Adrian Wilson's on my defense any day. Dude is a stud and has been a thorn in the Rams side for what seems like FOREVER. I would LOVE to have him leading our secondary.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
X said:

Hi X! (Yes I am still alive). I think Wilson would be a good pickup. I could see this happening for a couple reasons:

1. If they cut Mikell, I can see the Rams getting him signed. He would be a bit cheaper too in my opinion.
2. They draft a safety and he would play a Finnegan type role

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Imagine if we cut Mikell and signed Goldson and Wilson.. Not likely I know but that would be something.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ljramsfan said:
X said:

Hi X! (Yes I am still alive). I think Wilson would be a good pickup. I could see this happening for a couple reasons:

1. If they cut Mikell, I can see the Rams getting him signed. He would be a bit cheaper too in my opinion.
2. They draft a safety and he would play a Finnegan type role
Sup d00d. Quit fuckin' around and start posting more.

Or I'll give you a smack. :evil:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNpT5SvlfJU[/youtube]

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Paul-

Please get KD on the phone stat and tell him to get on this! :bign:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I like Wilson, he's probably better than Mikell, but we have to remember what we are trying to do. I'd be on board as long as we still draft a safety, because I don't really want two rookie safeties. I'd still draft a free, and re-sign Stewart to play the SS. There's a reason all these guys are getting let go. The reason is mostly money. A lot of them will probably re-sign with their own teams once the market is established.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He's nowhere near the player he was even 2 years ago.
Having said that,his experience and leadership would be an excellent addition to any secondary....at a discounted cost.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Adrian Wilson DB ARI

4 Hrs Arizona Cardinals Comment

Cardinals released SS Adrian Wilson.

Wilson said in December that he didn't expect to be back for a 13th year in the desert, and he was right. The 2001 third-round pick is just one year removed from an elite campaign, but saw his play slip in 2012. He was demoted out of nickel packages in November. With the safety market loaded with experienced talent, Wilson may have to wait a while for a new deal.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
I like Wilson, he's probably better than Mikell, but we have to remember what we are trying to do. I'd be on board as long as we still draft a safety, because I don't really want two rookie safeties. I'd still draft a free, and re-sign Stewart to play the SS. There's a reason all these guys are getting let go. The reason is mostly money. A lot of them will probably re-sign with their own teams once the market is established.
Yeah, that's the thing. We need a free safety more than a strong safety. And if Mikell is returning, then there's no need for Adrian Wilson. I'd still like to see us make a run at Chris Clemons and keep Mikell, while grooming McLeod, Stewart and Daniels. It wouldn't hurt to draft one either, just to add to the competition.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
Yeah, that's the thing. We need a free safety more than a strong safety. And if Mikell is returning, then there's no need for Adrian Wilson. I'd still like to see us make a run at Chris Clemons and keep Mikell, while grooming McLeod, Stewart and Daniels. It wouldn't hurt to draft one either, just to add to the competition.
I mean, we really have 4 strong safeties on our team. Dahl, Mikell, Stewart, and Daniels.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
I mean, we really have 4 strong safeties on our team. Dahl, Mikell, Stewart, and Daniels.
Three. :hmph:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
Three. :hmph:
You love Dahl.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I would put Wilson and my grandmother back there before Dahl again.. :roll: