Adam Schein thinks Rams should cut ties with Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I agree with a lot of what he said, the only problem is Im not sure any of his solutions are a better option than Bradford.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Glennon, Sanchez or Henne ??? Please wake me when the 2015 carnage is over...6-10 ring a bell ???

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Why every average guy in the league? Shit, if we're just gonna grab bottom of the barrel fruit then we might as well keep Davis or Hill.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think it would be beyond foolish to cut Bradford to go after one of those guys. Why not keep Bradford AND go after one of those guys?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Why every average guy in the league? crap, if we're just gonna grab bottom of the barrel fruit then we might as well keep Davis or Hill.
Is there anyone any better available in the free agent market?

Other than Henne, I'd say Sanchez or Glennon would have youth on their side compared to Hill...and I think both are much more talented than Davis.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Do you really want to take that chance and let a possible franchise QB walk out the door and be the savior to another team, while we struggle to find our own savior. Yeah me neither so we have no choice but to roll with no. 8 one more time.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it would be beyond foolish to cut Bradford to go after one of those guys. Why not keep Bradford AND go after one of those guys?
Because his deadline was closing in and he needed to put out an article.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I don't think we let Bradford walk. I would pay him 15 million this year before I would start one of the sub-standard free agents or a rookie.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The only way we cut ties with Bradford is if we get in position for Mariota or Winston. There's no reason in the world to downgrade our talent at QB. It's the main thing holding us back.

Other than moving up for Mariota, I'd like to take a look at Garoppolo. That release is just too tasty to not have a look.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Is there anyone any better available in the free agent market?

Other than Henne, I'd say Sanchez or Glennon would have youth on their side compared to Hill...and I think both are much more talented than Davis.
There really isn't, that's the problem. The pool goes from average to absolute garbage in under two seconds. There IS no savior coming from FA and the draft is as deep as a kiddie pool, that's why it wouldn't behoove us to cut Bradford. We're really just stuck between a rock and a hard place this year.

Sanchez and Glennon are comparable to Hill, that's the problem. Hill didn't do us any favors last year, and the fact that they're younger doesn't really do much favors anyway. Bradford is the only legit option we have, right now we're pretty much stuck praying for his health, because nothing else is coming that won't either be worse or make no difference from what we had last year.

A55VA6

Legend
Glennon, Sanchez, or Henne? ....... No. Just no.

Give the Patriots a call and see how much they want for Garoppolo.. but I suppose they'd be pretty stupid getting rid of him.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
BigRamFan thinks NFL.com should cut ties with A. Schein.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Nothing wrong with drafting a Qb and bringing in a FA QB to compete. Then let the best QB start, or healthiest. But outright cutting does not make sense.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I heard on the radio that the Broncos are not sure if they will retain Peyton Manning. Two injured QBs are better than one. Bring Manning in and give Sam more time to heal. Maybe by midseason Bradford would be healthy in case Manning goes down?

I would cut Bradford and move on if the Rams had an a good QB to take over. Had they drafted Bortles or Bridgewater then I couldn't see retaining Bradford with his big contract. But we all know that the Rams are in a position right now, where they almost have to try to keep Bradford for insurance. The QBs Schein names are not better than a healthy Bradford. And none have been able to successfully lead an NFL team to a playoff.

I am just praying for a repeat of the Dilfer lead Baltimore team, only in St. Louis. I don't see any way that the Rams end up with a premiere QB in the next 3-5 years.

FRO

Legend
Look at Warner's early years in Arizona. He was injured often. I bet they are glad they didn't cut bait. Not saying Bradford is Warner, but you don't let talent walk out that door without a better alternative. If healthy and playing at his 2013 level or 2014 preseason, then we have a good to very good QB. Might as well keep him. He has as high of ceiling as any QB we can get, Mariota and Winston included.