Adam Gase thoughts on Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex

Attachments

• IMG_1758.JPG
    IMG_1758.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 107

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Pretty much what I thought. Cool, calm and under control for much of the day. Good movement, able to throw into tight coverage. Lots to like right out of the shoot. He even had some good run recognition.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He played well enough to win the game . Not bad for a rookie in rainy conditions, but the clown for a coach blew it at the end .

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Yeah but did he outplay Case? That game was important for some of us that hadn't givin up on the season yet....well it's a done deal now. The fat lady sang all night long.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah but did he outplay Case? That game was important for some of us that hadn't givin up on the season yet....well it's a done deal now. The fat lady sang all night long.
The playoff chances were over when they hired Fisher .

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't think She has sang her song yet, But I think I hear her warming up her vocal cords off stage!! ( 6 games to go)

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I pretty much thought the same thing Gase stated. Would of liked to seen him play better but not a horrible first game in tough conditions. Lot of work still ahead, glad he got the first game out of the way.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

I hadnt given up on the season and still havent. I wish the move was made sooner because I think Goff gives them the best chance to win. The biggest issue IMO is the offensive game plans. They tried to kill 30 minutes of clock yesterday. Unfortunately with that game plan, I think both QBs loose.......Brady probably loses that game for that matter lol.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The next 4 games are brutal. The delusional side of me (after smoking some of Snoop's finest) says, they will win them. The rational side of me says we aren't going to fare well, and the last two games of the season, against SF and AZ, will be for pride and building towards the off-season. I really hope I'm wrong. I think the only way to get into the playoffs is by winning the Division, so Seattle needs to fall off a cliff or get swept out to sea. I don't see them losing more than two of their remaining games. Oh well. Let's see what this weekend brings. Take it one step at a time.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

That's encouraging. Man what I wouldn't give to have Gase as our head coach now with our current defensive staff in place ... sigh.

The next 4 games are brutal. The delusional side of me (after smoking some of Snoop's finest) says, they will win them. The rational side of me says we aren't going to fare well, and the last two games of the season, against SF and AZ, will be for pride and building towards the off-season. I really hope I'm wrong. I think the only way to get into the playoffs is by winning the Division, so Seattle needs to fall off a cliff or get swept out to sea. I don't see them losing more than two of their remaining games. Oh well. Let's see what this weekend brings. Take it one step at a time.

I could see the Rams going 2-2 in that stretch, with at least one huge upset. That's one thing they have also done under JF is pull off some huge upsets when they seemed to be down and out ... just enough to give us hope before they fall back to earth again. I remember them coming off of their shellacking against NE in 2012 and going to SF where nobody gave them a chance ... and holding the 9ers to a tie (and then beating them outright later in the season). And few of even the most homerish Rams fans expected them to go to Seattle and get the W in week 16 last year.

Thus, it won't surprise me if we win one we're not supposed to in that stretch ... and lose one that we are supposed to win.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I loved how the Rams ran the game clock down to almost 0 on each snap and yet Goff wasn't fazed by it.
He showed some great body language and for a kid having his first start I was pretty happy.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I loved how the Rams ran the game clock down to almost 0 on each snap and yet Goff wasn't fazed by it.
He showed some great body language and for a kid having his first start I was pretty happy.
I noticed it too he look really comfortable at the line of scrimmage ..he seemed to me at least have this little bit of swagger that said meh it's just football I like that

bluecoconuts

Legend

If Case plays the game I think we see a different gameplan... Does Case win the game? Hard to say, it would probably have been something similar, although you may have seen Fisher go for it on that 4th and 1, who knows.

Now if you were to run the exact same plays but have Case in at QB instead of Goff, I don't think you would have seen much of a difference. There were some throws that Case may have connected on that Goff didn't, but there were a lot of things out there that Goff did that Case can't do.