AD - Best player in the 2014 draft?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Let's don't go overboard just yet. By all rights, Stacy has yet to be healthy. Mason is definitely a good player, but to look at Stacy last year, and just hand it to Mason because of a couple of games is ridiculous.

Stacy was healthy today.

Fisher has said the spot was anyone's to take and, IMHO, Mason just did that.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Donald....awesome, and will probably improve.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Stacy was healthy today.

Fisher has said the spot was anyone's to take and, IMHO, Mason just did that.
He's looking good as a runner. But got to protect the QB and DO NOT FUMBLE, please.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
One of the announcers said Williams was sorry he did not start Donald sooner. No sheet Sherlock. That's darn near grounds for dismissle. Been calling for him to start since game 1.

Rams0307

Donald is a stud. He very well could become one of the best defensive players in football. His athleticism is off the charts and the dude has a motor on him.

jap

Legend
One of the announcers said Williams was sorry he did not start Donald sooner. No sheet Sherlock. That's darn near grounds for dismissle. Been calling for him to start since game 1.

In Greg's defense most NFL linemen require about three years to truly make an impact. However, Aaron is the rare breed who goes nuts with film study and skills/muscle preparation. He's a coach's dream player. This is a matter of Aaron exceeding even Greg's lofty standards.

jap

Legend
Maybe there should be a "Delete" tool to trim off duplicate posts.

Last edited:

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Next year we cut Langford and bank $6mil.

RAMpage

UDFA
Name
AJ
Aaron Donald was my favorite player out of this draft class so I was banging the table for his name to be called when he was still on the board. I'm so glad he's a Ram. He's a monster.

Penguin.

Rookie
Stacy hasn't looked good this year. Mason is a better runner in my opinion. Put Stacy or Cunningham in on third down where you need a good pass protecter.

But dude. Donald is a beast. Gaines is a beast. Joyner is getting way better. Robinson is tied as the best current Rams lineman, with Barksdale. God I love this draft.

Serious question: why are so many people posting here excited about Greg Robinson? Am I in some alternate reality where he's been starting all along?

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Donald is a stud. He very well could become one of the best defensive players in football. His athleticism is off the charts and the dude has a motor on him.
Donald is so quick, he could probably intercept a spiked ball... either that or sack the QB as the ball gets to him when he tries to spike it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Anyone else see that one play where Wilson was forced to roll to his right with Donald chasing him? He looked over his shoulder, saw Donald booking it, and immediately threw that ball away haha. I don't think he expected a DT to be chasing his ass down. Donald is such a freak of nature. Glad the board is coming around, a lot of people weren't so keen on drafting a DT. That kid is special.

Yeah you called it on Donald. I remember questioning the competition that he faced in college and admittedly would have preferred Zack or CJ at that pick. Based on their play in the NFL I don't think any one of them would have been a bad pick, but Donald is showing the potential to be the best of the bunch and maybe the best of the draft.

I really whiffed on this draft, but it happens. I was not crazy about the GRob pick either. I wanted the more polished OLT in Matthews (he isn't looking good). Didn't like the Joyner pick and jury is still out IMO. I thought Mason was a wasted pick with what the Rams already have at RB. But after two games I like his speed and how quickly he bursts through a hole.

Now the year before I still stand by my choices. I would not have drafted Tavon or Ogletree but instead pick Reid, take the Vikings offer and end up with Warford too and a Center (cant recall that guys name without looking)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
From time to time ,I have seen athletes who at first glance you recognize they have unique ability, Otis Anderson, Rafael Nadal, Jeff George ,Aaron Donald is a short list but these stand out in my mind.
The more Donald plays the better this team will be

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Donald is so quick, he could probably intercept a spiked ball... either that or sack the QB as the ball gets to him when he tries to spike it.

+1. And he's not just quick (reaction time and burst). He is unbelievably strong e.g. 35 reps on bench. That doesn't just happen. And he's unbelievably fast. 4.63 40. That doesn't just happen. And he's learned. Hand placement, technique... that doesn't just happen. And he has heart, determination, motor, a will to make a difference every single play. Put those things together and you get a player who is simply special.

It is still early in Donald's career, and it is waaay early to be breaking out the anointing oils, but he is totally living up to his pre-draft hype. A DROY candidate for sure. His game against Seattle was inspiring.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I really started taking notice of Donald at the Senior Bowl, during the week of practice commentators said he was absolutely dominant against some of the best OL in the country. But I really didn't think he'd fall to #13. During the draft, I thought for sure he'd go to Tampa Bay, as he seems like the ideal 3-tech guy for Lovie's defense. But they passed, and later I thought for sure the Giants would take him at #12. Couldn't believe it when they took Odell Beckham, and we were sitting at #13 with Donald there for the taking. I was home alone when the Donald pick was announced, but I'm sure several of my neighbors knew I was happy about it. :ROFLMAO:

Penguin.

Rookie
Donald got so many bench presses not only because he is strong, but look how short his arms are. Look at a tall man's reps, and a short man's reps with similar builds, and compare them. 9/10 the shorter man has more reps in bench.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah you called it on Donald. I remember questioning the competition that he faced in college and admittedly would have preferred Zack or CJ at that pick. Based on their play in the NFL I don't think any one of them would have been a bad pick, but Donald is showing the potential to be the best of the bunch and maybe the best of the draft.

I really whiffed on this draft, but it happens. I was not crazy about the GRob pick either. I wanted the more polished OLT in Matthews (he isn't looking good). Didn't like the Joyner pick and jury is still out IMO. I thought Mason was a wasted pick with what the Rams already have at RB. But after two games I like his speed and how quickly he bursts through a hole.

Now the year before I still stand by my choices. I would not have drafted Tavon or Ogletree but instead pick Reid, take the Vikings offer and end up with Warford too and a Center (cant recall that guys name without looking)

Yea, Mosley and Martin have both been excellent. We all get some right and get some wrong. I whiffed badly in 2012. Had Morris Claiborne and Trent Richardson both ranked in my top 5 players in that draft. :eek: