ACC championship game thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
I'm rooting for GT. Always enjoy rooting for the underdog.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Irving looking good in the middle.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
FSU's fight song is so annoying.

Also, I'm shocked nobody throws an unconventional defense at this unconventional offense.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
I hope Florida St. finds a way to survive this game and gets into the playoff. I love watching some of the guys on their roster.

FRO

Legend
I wish there were a way the Rams could use Stacy, Cunningham, and Mason in the backfield all at once. Use some triple option elements with the three of them.

Athos

Legend
FSU's D won't survive this game with a run game like this. They'll be gassed by the 3rd.

FRO

Legend
Brent Musberger>Chris Fowler

Jameis looks great.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
So...what is the drawback to employing the triple option? Why isn't it employed more at the college level or at all in the pros? Is it because of exposing the qb to hits? Seems friendly to the defense because it runs clock and doesn't seem to require five star recruits to succeed. Or is GT operating it at an exceptional level?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
So...what is the drawback to employing the triple option? Why isn't it employed more at the college level or at all in the pros? Is it because of exposing the qb to hits? Seems friendly to the defense because it runs clock and doesn't seem to require five star recruits to succeed. Or is GT operating it at an exceptional level?
From what I've heard, options are more rare at the pro level because defensive players at this level are faster and able to react to it quickly enough to make it ineffective.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
That makes sense and at the college level, I guess I'd have to see it up against one of the top defenses, which FSU hasn't been this year. It just looks to have their D hoping and guessing most of the time.

Memphis Ram

Legend

This is the main reason right here.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Brent Musberger>Chris Fowler

Jameis looks great.

Some team will take a chance on him early. They won't be able to resist. He is the only QB that I would want the Rams to trade up for, but I wouldn't want them to give up some ridiculous haul due to character concerns. If Winston were to fall down the board on draft day and land in the Rams lap, does Fisher take him?

I think so.

FRO

Legend
Some team will take a chance on him early. They won't be able to resist. He is the only QB that I would want the Rams to trade up for, but I wouldn't want them to give up some ridiculous haul due to character concerns. If Winston were to fall down the board on draft day and land in the Rams lap, does Fisher take him?

I think so.
Since he isn't clean off the field and the cost would be huge, I wouldn't trade up. Draft him if he falls, but don't trade up. He has plus tools and his game translates to the NFL. I always preferred pocket QBs.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think so.

Fisher definitely takes him imo.

Athos

Legend
Fisher definitely takes him imo.

Only if he's clean does he take him. And you can bet Winston will be vetted like fucking crazy.

At any rate.....FSU is such a luck GD team. Should have so many losses this year. Can't wait till they disappear into the wood work.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Yep, and how long has been since an option offense really even challenged to win it all at the college level. It is easily beaten by a disciplined defense.

A basic option type offense, perhaps. But, not like Auburn's where they won it all with Cam Newton and almost won it again last year with Nick Marshall.