About these sideline personal fouls ....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
How do the zebras know that a tackler isn't aware that a runner has stepped out of bounds before he makes a hit?

I ask this because with so many called today (and some not called), the logical progression is for the defensive player to hold up and allow the player to go out of bounds. That's a dangerous road for a defense.

I remember a playoff game between the Vikings and 49ers in which Montana was headed for the sidelines and the defensive back held up. Montana promptly sidestepped him and continued down the sidelines for a big gainer.

If the league intends fewer hits, you just might see this happen.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
They DID NOT call it both ways. They got Finnegan but not the ARZ player late in the game. I was FURIOUS!!! :evil:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
mr.stlouis said:
They DID NOT call it both ways. They got Finnegan but not the ARZ player late in the game. I was FURIOUS!!! :evil:
That pissed me off too. If Finn gets away with it and they don't call it on AZ then that's fine. But Finn gets called for essentially the same exact thing. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the Refs let it go because it was late in the 4th Quarter in a tied game.

Simba

Rookie
brokeu91 said:
mr.stlouis said:
That pissed me off too. If Finn gets away with it and they don't call it on AZ then that's fine. But Finn gets called for essentially the same exact thing. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the Refs let it go because it was late in the 4th Quarter in a tied game.

It's what I tought.And with 15 yards more, cause penalty, we would come very close to the field goal range ...

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Simba said:
brokeu91 said:
mr.stlouis said:

It's what I tought.And with 15 yards more, cause penalty, we would come very close to the field goal range ...
I know. But, it didn't stop the refs from calling it on Tampa Bay, which essentially put the Jets into field goal range

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
mr.stlouis said:
Yep. Right in front of the camera. You'd have to be blind to not see that when it happened.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
LOL at tampon.

And a big Fuck You to the refs for not throwing a flag when we were hit out of bounds. Total bullshit.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I don't care how late in the game it occurred it wasn't a ticky tack call that could go either way. It was flagrant and intentional. I have no respect for any officiating crew who lets plays like that slide especially when they've already set the president with a similar call..

mr.stlouis said:

yeah, this was about as obvious a penalty as you can get. the fans let them know abt it too!

BobCarl

Rookie
Rider QB's are taught to take the law into their own hands ... if you are stepping out of bounds and someone is comming at you .... just bitch slap him.

terelle-pryor-stiffarm-landry-1_zps49e6b033.gif