About our two 4th Round picks and WR...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
If Kendricks doesn't step up this year, he may be looking for a new job early in 2017, especially with that expensive contract he signed prior to last season. I imagine Justice Cunningham gets promoted this year, and Harkey will probably get a good deal more work also this next season. Doubtful a rookie 4'th or 6'th round TE makes much of an impact in year 1 anyway. Of the four 4'th and 6'th round rookies, only Lawler should expect much in the way of exposure, maybe some Byard post BYE. As much as we'd all like to find that elusive true # 1 WR, the Rams seem to be fairly high on the young guys Toon, Ferguson & Marquez, so i'm not really expecting a flood of rookie WR's to join in. jmo.
Toon a FA so Ferguson I think

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I do not like Peake's hands at all. Hands are a key for me in whoever they draft.

I'd prefer a guy like Mitchell over him, who can run clean routes and come down with contested balls and who btw has a very high success rate vs coverage (top 5). He's gonna go round 3 but could slide to round 4. Or a guy like Burbridge with the strong hands and who can make catches with a guy on top of him.

Other options are the TE types that are solely receivers. Guys like Cajuste, who has excellent size and hands to help move the chains. Or Williams, who I absolutely love, who comes with a huge body and sneaky speed to go with those hands.

Please just stay away from guys that can't catch the effin ball. IMO.
If Cajuste is there, he is the type of guy that our FO loves, and I hope we'd jump at him, if he's the best available, you never know who might fall.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
But I could see Snead trying to deal his first 4th to slide back a little bit in the 4th and try to pick up an extra 6th or 7th.

I think that's probably the intent... Unless someone is there they didn't expect to be.

In that scenario; they grab him.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
My top guy on the board in round 4 is Keyarris Garett, but with his size speed combo in this draft he may not be there.

After we get a WR I would like us to go after Duarte or Cajuste. They are both essentially big slot receivers, but that could fit our needs perfectly. Our TEs Kendricks and Harkey are both better blockers than receivers and Marquez is currently our top option in the slot. So Cajuste or Duarte could give us the mismatch threat in the middle we sorely need.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I want Lawler AND Boehringer. Put Boehringer in the Givens roll (run deep and do it fast). His size to speed combo should allow him to produce some while he learns the pro game.

Lawler can step right in and make some plays.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have always liked S. Miss. Mike Thomas as a late round receiver. There is a basketball player looking to play TE in the NFL named Rico Feathers. He could be an UDFA worth signing.

Overall the WR class is pretty weak and I would rather the Rams go BPA, which is more likely to be Center, CB, FS, or DT. The draft is very deep in athletic corners that may need time to develop...That seems to be a strength with this regime.

If the Rams have to, maybe they trade for a WR after camp, or sign a cut. Delaney got Amendola that way. Forcing a pick won't rely help the team. How many good receivers come from round 4?

lockdnram21

Legend
Antonio brown was a 4th or 5th rounder.
Martavis Bryant was 5th.
Allen Hurns was undrafted
Stephon diggs 4th rounder

There's some upside guys u can take in 6th like Duke Williams or Demarcus Robinso . Both have character issues but Fisher is good with that. Also I Think Ferguson a wild card. They could have something with him.
Also Marquez north seems interesting

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Another TE who will probably go 4th/5th round is Beau Sandland from Montana St. He's a juco guy (went to Pierce College in LA), went to Florida before transferring and sitting out a year. He had a pretty good combine----top TE marks in the bench, long and vertical jumps; catches the ball extremely well---6'4" and 253lbs. He could be worth considering in round 4 as well------JMHO.

jap

Legend
I would have loved the Horns to draft K Roberto Aguayo, but I fear he will be selected within the first 100 picks.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Fendi Onobun?
That's exactly the guy I was thinking of. I should have know you'd come up with the name. A large man eating an even larger hamburger likes anything "onabun". :)

Though I'd still take this German guy at some point if available.