About our two 4th Round picks and WR...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do not like Peake's hands at all. Hands are a key for me in whoever they draft.

I'd prefer a guy like Mitchell over him, who can run clean routes and come down with contested balls and who btw has a very high success rate vs coverage (top 5). He's gonna go round 3 but could slide to round 4. Or a guy like Burbridge with the strong hands and who can make catches with a guy on top of him.

Other options are the TE types that are solely receivers. Guys like Cajuste, who has excellent size and hands to help move the chains. Or Williams, who I absolutely love, who comes with a huge body and sneaky speed to go with those hands.

Please just stay away from guys that can't catch the effin ball. IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Rams have had SUCH a hard time finding receivers. It makes me nervous to think we'll locate one in the 4th, when we've tried higher than that without success of late.

I like Rashard Higgins but he's not likely to make it to the fourth.

Mike Thomas is another and should be there in the 4th.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I just know Jerrell Adams TE from South Carolina is very much on their radar if he makes it that far...

WestCoastRam

Legend
Hey guys, I just posted a thread in the college forum on visits Rams had. I wasn't able to find anything on Peake but Higgins and there German guy have been visits.

Both will most likely be there in the 4th.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I love Boehringer and think he's worth a shot. His SPARQ especially for his size is right up there with Megatron and he's flashed serious skills for the lack of coaching and opposition.

I'm honestly not even sure he gets to the 4th round because some teams have a lot of picks, but if he makes it that far, I'd grab him. He probably from a developmental standpoint be a 6th or later pick, but that athleticism is HoF worthy...SERIOUSLY... you just simply cannot teach or train that. And he's not Reynaldo Nehemiah trying to bring world class hurdling speed to the NFL, he's bringing world class physicality, burst, quickness and speed.

Honestly, he's a guy that in a few years, we could look back and go, "wow...I dunno who's more dominant, Gurley or Bo"

No joke, THAT's the kind of potential, the kind of ceiling this kid has.

I honestly think he gets overdrafted (maybe it's not overdrafted if that's his ceiling?) and he's gone before the 4th). That said, if he makes it to the 4th, you gotta grab him. By the 4th round, there are teams with tons of picks down there and teams will be grabbing UPSIDE guys at that spot.

Who's got more upside down there than Boehringer?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It's a rare thing, but i'm kinda impressed by Walterfootball's most recent 6 round mock for the Rams :

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

1) QB - Jared Goff
4a) C - Jack Allen
4b) WR - Kenny Lawler
6a) S - Kevin Byard
6b) LB - Jatavis Brown

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Wait...no TE???

I suppose that could happen, but C, WR, S, LB???

Only one WR and no TE???

yeah, I'd be surprised and totally not surprised at this point...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'd imagine you are definitely going BPA with the four late picks but you also have some needs so TE, WR, and C would have to be their focus.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
In the 4th I'd love Leonte Carroo (wr) from Rutgers and Nick Vannett (te) from Ohio state. Doubt both fall that far though.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
In the 4th I'd love Leonte Carroo (wr) from Rutgers and Nick Vannett (te) from Ohio state. Doubt both fall that far though.
If that happened itd be fucking awesome. Caroo is a beast and Vannett could become one. would love either and both.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Wait...no TE???

I suppose that could happen, but C, WR, S, LB???

Only one WR and no TE???

yeah, I'd be surprised and totally not surprised at this point...

If Kendricks doesn't step up this year, he may be looking for a new job early in 2017, especially with that expensive contract he signed prior to last season. I imagine Justice Cunningham gets promoted this year, and Harkey will probably get a good deal more work also this next season. Doubtful a rookie 4'th or 6'th round TE makes much of an impact in year 1 anyway. Of the four 4'th and 6'th round rookies, only Lawler should expect much in the way of exposure, maybe some Byard post BYE. As much as we'd all like to find that elusive true # 1 WR, the Rams seem to be fairly high on the young guys Toon, Ferguson & Marquez, so i'm not really expecting a flood of rookie WR's to join in. jmo.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I really like Byard, he's more of a true FS prospect than what we have on the roster.

There are quite a few needs and very few picks to do it with. Gonna have to hope to strike gold with a UDFA or two.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I had the thought come to me earlier today.

It really seems like a Snead thing to do this too. But I could see Snead trying to deal his first 4th to slide back a little bit in the 4th and try to pick up an extra 6th or 7th.