Aaron Rodgers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It sure is and that's why it pays to draft one every couple of years, high or low, and bring in guys who are intriguing that can be that "come from nowhere" type.

Not one of the guys who is going to be the available "big name" free agent impresses me and that's the last avenue I would pursue for a QB. I don't buy the "he just needs a fresh start". Who did the fresh start ever work for? I can't think of anyone other than Warner and he is always the oulier in any QB discussion.

You have to go back to Plunkett I think right? A case can be made for Manning though. Other than that it doesn't seem to work.
Yeah i posted a thread HERE that asked the question about why wasn't Russell Wilson scouted harder? His 5'11" stature is the answer i got, but if you go back and look at the tape and look at his insanely good production and playmaking vs decent competition...wow, a lot of GM's, scouts and draftniks F'd that up.

I also look at the explanation for Wilson being overlooked being his height, well ok look at Johnny Manziel. He was overhyped by so many pre draft. He's only an inch taller than Wilson and look at their numbers and production in college...not exactly a gap there in terms of quality.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yeah i posted a thread HERE that asked the question about why wasn't Russell Wilson scouted harder? His 5'11" stature is the answer i got, but if you go back and look at the tape and look at his insanely good production and playmaking vs decent competition...wow, a lot of GM's, scouts and draftniks F'd that up.

I also look at the explanation for Wilson being overlooked being his height, well ok look at Johnny Manziel. He was overhyped by so many pre draft. He's only an inch taller than Wilson and look at their numbers and production in college...not exactly a gap there in terms of quality.
I think Wilson's NFL play, REALLY helped Manziel.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Good post @Merlin but lets be honest...the Rams just need to get lucky(again) and find the next great franchise QB by any means necessary.

Me personally, i don't think even the best scouts on the planet can accurately predict which college QB's are going to project to the NFL as scrubs, average Joe's, franchise guys or superstars.

It's a crap shoot.
I think sitting for a couple of years to learn has certainly helped his career.
As others have said, he's also been in the same system his entire career. Factor that in with a great oline and good weapons just makes him even better than he already is. Unstoppable.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Arguably my favorite player in the league and without question one of the best I've ever seen play in my 24 years of existence lol. He is awesome and the exact epitamy of what I wished we had at qb. Easier said then done, but I would honestly consider 3 future firsts for him and then some. We are that close!

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
He moves his feet so well. It's like he's a trained tap dancer or something. And his feet always move on a 1-2 beat. He is always balanced and ready to throw the moment his second foot hits the ground. He's technically the best QB I've watched.

We should make our QBs watch film of his feet. :D

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
You know, the Seahawks held the Packers to 16 points. The Lions held them to 7.

Rams will be going up to Lambeau in 2015. If the Rams are still playing D at this high of a level, it could be an interesting contest.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Rich Gannon had a really solid comeback with the Raiders... took them to the SB.

SierraRam

Recreational User
No, when I watch Aaron Rodgers I'm reminded of how glad I am that the 49ers blew their pick of a QB that year.

Me too! But Alex Smith looked like a "Can't Miss" pick out of Utah. If Rodgers was QB on opening day for a mediocre Niner team, would we be having this conversation today about his greatness? Aaron had 3 years to watch and learn (good and bad) behind a Green Bay legend. 25 teams blew it in that draft!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Simply put, I've never seen anybody better. Packers aren't even that good, but they have him.

TexasRam

Legend
yea that bomb to Nelson was pretty awesome.. so smooth. 60 yards perfect spiral *yawn* too easy

I think he's the best at manipulating the d-line and buying time in the pocket too the way he steps up and then back out.. too good man

Yea the way he gets the defense off balance is just indefensible. He understands how to become a moving target with his tempo... moving in the pocket, pump faking, throwing quick one play and rolling out the next.

No one does it better. Combine his feel for tempo with a crazy strong accurate arm. Wow.

And I agree, he is no Deuche. He is great for the game. I root for him always.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Everyone seems to forget Rodgers was pegged as going #1 till about a week before the draft when all the ESPNitwits went gaga over Smith.

Basically a product of Urban Meyer. Rogers grew up in Chico a Niners fan, is smart (Cal Berkeley) and desperately wanted to play for SF.
Thank God for small favors, (and an idiotic front office in Frisco).

Best I've ever seen, and best EVER, period imo.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think sitting for a couple of years to learn has certainly helped his career.
As others have said, he's also been in the same system his entire career. Factor that in with a great oline and good weapons just makes him even better than he already is. Unstoppable.

Yeah, I wonder how he would have done if Favre had retired the year they got him. There's something to be said for sitting.

I don't know that we'll ever see a QB sit for even a year anymore. With the new bargaining agreement (and fewer practices), no developmental league, there's just no way to get a QB good reps unless you elevate him to starter. Even guys like Manziel are gonna play this year, now that the Browns playoff chances are breaking down.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I was talking to a buddy last night when he threw that frozen rope to Nelson just before half. He is the best that I have ever seen. My friend was watching as well and agreed. There is no facet of his game that is deficient. He can kill you from in or outside the pocket and is as intelligent as any QB in the league. Combine that with what is possibly the strongest arm in the game....and you have ARod. Still boggles the mind how he fell to where he did in that draft.

Best I've ever seen, too. The guy has it all. I find myself in a state of optimistic disbleief when I watch him. And Nelson is a solid #2 WR, nothing more. He makes him look like a world beater out there.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams need to do like GB did and take the guy they like regardless of what system he played in, and stick him on the depth chart to learn.

That's the way it's got to be.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't care what anybody says, Kurt was the best I have ever seen. I've been watching since 1990.

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
Not underselling his career. Just mentioned the game I saw last night and how much easier it is for a QB when he has almost no pressure. You're right though, he is dangerous when flushed out of the pocket.

I watched ESPN last night before the game were they were mentioning his excellent mechanics and how even when he throws on the run his footing and arm motion are just about the same as when he throws from the pocket. Would love to have him with the Rams but alas.

Alex Barron. That's who we took instead. Sigh...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I love ARod, the guy just oozes quaterbackness, ohh yeh, I made up that word, he's what I hoped Bradford would turn out to be...

He was lucky enough to have time to get ready 'behind the scenes' and it can't have hurt that he was learning from behind Favre either ;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He sat for three seasons, though he did get in a few games here and there. The Packers were lucky they were able to hold on to him while Favre played that much longer. I wonder if anyone will let a QB sit that long again, especially a first round pick.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I love Bradford, but man imagine how good this team would be if we had Aaron Rodgers behind center?