Aaron Hernandez reaches lifetime extension with Massachusetts prison.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
You guys seriously didn't know Dr. Jenkins was a particle physicist in the off season?

image.jpg

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
im not saying he didnt do it but all the evidence is circumstancial. no weapon no witness. His lwyer seems like hes the one that got him convicted by saying he was there

Apparently Kraft's testimony bore a lot of weight. You know, where Kraft talked about how Hernandez had denied taking part in the killing, and that Aaron had told him that he had an alibi for the time of the murder - when the actual time of the murder was unknown. Just another nail in Hernandez's coffin.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
im not saying he didnt do it but all the evidence is circumstancial. no weapon no witness. His lwyer seems like hes the one that got him convicted by saying he was there

Circumstantial evidence is enough for a conviction if there is enough of it, and in this case there was a lot of it. Let's keep in mind the coverup was documented and the text messages that Lloyd sent as he was riding in the car. I'm sure he wasn't expecting to be killed but he was in enough fear that he told his sister who he was with "just in case".

There was enough for 12 members of a jury to say "he did it".

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

I know what you're saying and some of it does sound circumstantial yes - but when there is so much circumstantial evidence, it becomes compelling in its own right. Its enough to get a conviction even if its not water tight. Things rarely are water tight in the real world - there's always an element of not being able to definitively prove absolutely everything. But the jury considered it enough to remove doubt from their minds and as you say - most people will probably think they came to the right decision.

It was a bit surprising to hear his lawyer admit that - but it shows that the sheer amount of circumstantial evidence presented was becoming overwhelming and the attorney must have felt that it would have been a bit incongruous and unbelievable, and thus detrimental to his own case to have denied him being there when there was so much other evidence telling them he likely was. You've got Lloyd's text messages saying he had been picked up by Hernandez and was driving somewhere and he was scared. Then he tells Kraft he wasn't there when they killed him - and the jury say "how do you know if we don't know when he was killed?". Again, there's a leap - an inference having to be made by the jury there but I don't think its unsafe for them to have done so because of all the other circumstantial stuff.

Putting a case together is like building a sandbag barrier to stop a flood. You can never have enough. Some things seep through and bits of the barrier collapse under the water pressure, so you put more and more sandbags (evidence) in place to make it overwhelming.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I know what you're saying and some of it does sound circumstantial yes - but when there is so much circumstantial evidence, it becomes compelling in its own right. Its enough to get a conviction even if its not water tight. Things rarely are water tight in the real world - there's always an element of not being able to definitively prove absolutely everything. But the jury considered it enough to remove doubt from their minds and as you say - most people will probably think they came to the right decision.

It was a bit surprising to hear his lawyer admit that - but it shows that the sheer amount of circumstantial evidence presented was becoming overwhelming and the attorney must have felt that it would have been a bit incongruous and unbelievable, and thus detrimental to his own case to have denied him being there when there was so much other evidence telling them he likely was. You've got Lloyd's text messages saying he had been picked up by Hernandez and was driving somewhere and he was scared. Then he tells Kraft he wasn't there when they killed him - and the jury say "how do you know if we don't know when he was killed?". Again, there's a leap - an inference having to be made by the jury there but I don't think its unsafe for them to have done so because of all the other circumstantial stuff.

Putting a case together is like building a sandbag barrier to stop a flood. You can never have enough. Some things seep through and bits of the barrier collapse under the water pressure, so you put more and more sandbags (evidence) in place to make it overwhelming.

His attorney had no choice but to say he was there. Security cameras captured his car on the way and driving through, in and out, of the spot where the body was found. And the two other guys who were involved placed him at the scene of the crime.

Also I think they found DNA at the crime scene that belonged to Hernandez.

Excellent post and the sandbag analogy is a good one because this case had a mountain of sandbags.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm surprised this trial got so little coverage. Since his arrest and arraignment ... things got quiet. And he STILL is under indictment to face charges for two murders in Boston prior to the Odin Lloyd murder

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
His attorney had no choice but to say he was there. Security cameras captured his car on the way and driving through, in and out, of the spot where the body was found. And the two other guys who were involved placed him at the scene of the crime.

Also I think they found DNA at the crime scene that belonged to .

Well there you go. Pretty comprehensive.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I don't think Fisher can stop him... it is, after all, a free country.

You may not agree with Jenkins... I sure do not... but we're all her (myself included) on this forum expressing our opinions on Hernandez.

I guess he can too... and I can think less of his take... it's my free right...
doesn't matter. he represents a league and a private organization. other coaches and teams have done things to regulate or punish guys for not representing themselves in a higher standard. it's not like Jenkins has exactly been an angel if you follow his life and social media (listen to Rams Addiction podcast). Fisher could straighten him out if he wanted. this is a public forum that is open to much debate but still has its own restrictions that do limit free speech in multiple topics (no offense to the mods) so the NFL as an organization can have some too. but don't get me started on the free speech bit cus that would turn into a political no-no debate.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Janoris Jenkins is on Twitter saying he's confused by this. Wtf? Murder is illegal Janoris. What's confusing about that?
Maybe he's confused at Hernandez' idiotic and barbaric actions. He was a successful, well paid sportsman with many years left in the tank, why go down that road?

Edit: read more of JJs tweets now - d!ckhead! Surely there should be a twitter ban for professional sportsmen!

Last edited:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It's not shocking that JJ and McLeod can't figure out who to cover. The fact that some players think that this was an unfair or incorrect verdict shows how disconnected from reality they can be.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Maybe he's confused at Hernandez' idiotic and barbaric actions. He was a successful, well paid sportsman with many years left in the tank, why go down that road?

Edit: read more of JJs tweets now - d!ckhead! Surely there should be a twitter ban for professional sportsmen!

What did he say?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Never wanted Jenkins on the team. If a guy cannot get through college without getting in trouble then there is a problem. Staying out of trouble in college is very easy to do. I agree that these guys deserve a second chance, but handing them millions of dollars makes them feel like what they did in the past doesn't matter. So, they can say whatever they want to because they feel vindicated. They can commit crimes and still make millions of dollars playing a game.

Just because your rich doesn't mean your past doesn't matter and it certainly doesn't mean your smart.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Ok, I'm going to say "I get what you're saying" they convicted him with little evidence. But are you thinking he is innocent?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
doesn't matter. he represents a league and a private organization. other coaches and teams have done things to regulate or punish guys for not representing themselves in a higher standard. it's not like Jenkins has exactly been an angel if you follow his life and social media (listen to Rams Addiction podcast). Fisher could straighten him out if he wanted. this is a public forum that is open to much debate but still has its own restrictions that do limit free speech in multiple topics (no offense to the mods) so the NFL as an organization can have some too. but don't get me started on the free speech bit cus that would turn into a political no-no debate.
Frankly, I have been impressed with how Fisher has been able to manage quite a few... shall we say... non-choir boys?

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
His DNA was at the scene, a same caliber shell was in his rental, text messages by Lloyd saying he was with Hernandez, the two other guys who said he was there, video footage, the fact he tried to destroy his home security system and phone, having his fiancee remove a box from the home to get rid of after he was arrested. These are just things that we as the public know. The jury saw a lot more. Even though they didn't find the murder weapon, it seems pretty clear he did it, or at the very least planned things out with the other two guys. I would be willing to wager a lot that the murder weapon was in the box. You don't have someone get rid of a box like that after you were arrested if you are innocent. Much like you don't destroy your home security system or phone. The same system that showed him in his home with what appeared to be a pistol in his hand. Maybe that's why he tried destroying it? He's guilty. And quite possibly, he has murdered people before Lloyd.