Aaron Hernandez indicted on two more murder charges

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Do you know the circumstances around this shooting. Do you know if the man that was shot just raped the shooter's daughter and had threatened to rape the wife next?

Yes, you don't need to wait for due process to form an opinion. But any jackass (please excuse the reference, which not meant to defame you, just trying to make a larger point) can form an opinion on anything they want to. Is that really what we want as a society? Aren't we different than the animal kingdom or a ruless society? Do we have absolutely no responsbility to be humane in our judgements?
Sigh...I'm not saying what "we" as a whole should be doing for the greater morale of the human race.

Again, I'm just saying there is a line between waiting for a court of law to make a determination and letting yourself come to a conclusion on lesser terms.

Speaking directly to this post and that is it..Can we please convict him in a court of law by a Jury of his peers before we condemn the man?

I don't believe anyone needs to wait for the court of law to draw their own conclusion and voice them...people in US have the right to freedom of speech. Simple.As.That.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Sigh...I'm not saying what "we" as a whole should be doing for the greater morale of the human race.

Again, I'm just saying there is a line between waiting for a court of law to make a determination and letting yourself come to a conclusion on lesser terms.

Speaking directly to this post and that is it..Can we please convict him in a court of law by a Jury of his peers before we condemn the man?

I don't believe anyone needs to wait for the court of law to draw their own conclusion and voice them...people in US have the right to freedom of speech. Simple.As.That.
And that line is the difference between a mob and humanity.

The good news is that you're free to particpate in which ever part of the spectrum that choose.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

If they ask me to be on the jury I'll tell them i think he's guilty,otherwise what I think is my business and the collective we thought is none of the rest of the "we's" damned business.
At this point I am ready to believe Hernandez is charged in less than half the murders he's implicated in,he decided to take ghetto justice into a nice neigborhood , terrible mistake

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Let's not kid ourselves.
Hernandez is in prison because they have sufficient evidence against him.
Also, the three murders are linked.

He did it and so did OJ.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If they ask me to be on the jury I'll tell them i think he's guilty,otherwise what I think is my business and the collective we thought is none of the rest of the "we's" damned business.
At this point I am ready to believe Hernandez is charged in less than half the murders he's implicated in,he decided to take ghetto justice into a nice neigborhood , terrible mistake
If the sentiment displayed in this thread doesn't explicity demonstrate the power of the media to control minds, then I don't know what would.

Last edited:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
If the sentiment displayed in this thread doesn't explicity demonstrate the power of the media to control minds, then I don't know what would.
That's OK Stran gee you don't have to know everything to be OK in my book.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Hernandez pleads not guilty to new murder charges
Posted by Mike Florio on May 28, 2014

hernandez.jpg
AP

To no surprise, former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to charges that he murdered Safiro Furtado and Daniel de Abreu in July 2012. Hernandez also pleaded not guilty to the other charges emerging from an incident allegedly sparked by an altercation at a Boston nightclub.

The hearing included an explanation from prosecutors that the murders were the culmination of a chain of events that began when one of the two men accidentally bumped into Hernandez, causing him to spill a drink.

Prosecutors explained in court that Hernandez believed de Abreu deliberately bumped into Hernandez. He allegedly tracked down de Abreu, opening fire on the SUV in which de Abreu and Furtado were riding.

The defense objected to the details shared by prosecutors in court, contending that those allegation will unfairly prejudice Hernandez. Magistrate Gary D. Wilson responded with a forceful, matter-of-fact explanation that it’s standard practice for the Commonwealth’s representatives to share with the court some of the facts of the case, adding that the arraignment was ultimately no different than the 1,900 other capital-murder arraignments over which Wilson has presided since 1983.

Hernandez will return to court of June 24 for a scheduling hearing. It’s possible but not likely that a trial date will be set at that time.

Charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd, Hernandez has been held without bail since being arrested in June 2013.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Condemn him?? On a football fan forum?? Why would it matter? Aren't forums here for opinion and commentary? Why should we need to wait for a jury to either acquit or convict him in order to discuss our feelings on the matter? In my OPINION....the guy is a sociopath and a malicious piece of garbage. There is enough evidence already to form a very strong hypothesis on what happened to Odin Lloyd. I expect there will be more damning evidence going forward as they uncover more of the facts. I do not need a jury to tell me what my own common sense can see clearly. As mentioned earlier, a jury of his "peers" found OJ Simpson innocent....

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Condemn him?? On a football fan forum?? Why would it matter? Aren't forums here for opinion and commentary? Why should we need to wait for a jury to either acquit or convict him in order to discuss our feelings on the matter? In my OPINION....the guy is a sociopath and a malicious piece of garbage. There is enough evidence already to form a very strong hypothesis on what happened to Odin Lloyd. I expect there will be more damning evidence going forward as they uncover more of the facts. I do not need a jury to tell me what my own common sense can see clearly. As mentioned earlier, a jury of his "peers" found OJ Simpson innocent....
because ur opinion is being formed by a private media that has repeatedly shown thru history that it exists to persuade not report.

Give the guy a fair trial in front of a jury of peers and let the chips fall where they may.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
because ur opinion is being formed by a private media that has repeatedly shown thru history that it exists to persuade not report.

Give the guy a fair trial in front of a jury of peers and let the chips fall where they may.
Whereas I agree the press is so driven by sensationalism and political bias ,there is little you can trust , what makes you imagine our courts are better?
We both know we aren't losing the war on drugs to drug cartels we're losing it to dirty cops lawyers prosecutors judges prison officials dirty DEA agents, if all the folks fighting the drug war were honest it'd be over.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He's going to be found guilty in a hurry because of the evidence against him. Including a text message sent by Odin Lloyd just before he was killed to his sister basically saying if anything happened to him it was Hernandez (he called him NFL which was his nickname I guess) and the bubble gum purchase, and the shell casing that was left in the car he had rented.

It was very, very sloppy. Even smashing the security system and his cell phone didn't cover anything up, not like he was hoping anyway.

The double murder was sloppy too. The vehicle had been sitting in his "uncles" garage since the incident happened.

He's going to jail, even though he deserves much worse. People are going to tell the investigators all they need to know and will do the same in court.