Aaron Hernandez fiancee opens up about his sexuality, mystery suicide note

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...-up-about-his-sexuality-mystery-suicide-note/

Aaron Hernandez fiancee opens up about his sexuality, mystery suicide note

Dr. Phil didn't hold anything back this week when he interviewed Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez. In her first interview since her fiancé, Aaron Hernandez, committed suicide in a Massachusetts prison, Dr. Phil attempted to get an explanation for several questions that have remained unanswered since Hernandez's death on April 19 .

One of the biggest mysteries revolves around the contents of one of the suicide notes that were found with Hernandez's body on the morning he died. Shortly after Hernandez's death, the district attorney's office said that the first two notes were intended for Hernandez's fiancée and his 4-year-old daughter. However, they were mum about the contents of the third note.

aaron-hernandez-fiancee-05-10-17.png

Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez was interviewed by Dr. Phil. Peteski Productions/CBS Television

According to a report from Newsweek that came out April 21 , the final note was intended for Hernandez's prison boyfriend, a 22-year-old man named Kyle Kennedy. However, Jenkins-Hernandez firmly denied that during her interview with Dr. Phil.

"There's nothing for Kyle Kennedy. There's no letter for Kyle Kennedy," Jenkins-Hernandez said. "There's one addressed to our daughter [one for me] and then there was another one to his lawyers."

Kennedy's lawyer, Larry Army, had said that the third note was intended for his client.

Not only did Jenkins-Hernandez shoot that theory down, but she doesn't seem to believe that there was any type of romantic relationship between her fiancé and Kennedy.

'If Kyle Kennedy was such a close friend, and Aaron was telling him he wanted to [commit suicide] he would still be here because Kyle Kennedy should have, you know, poked that lightbulb in somebody's head and been a true friend and stopped it," Jenkins-Hernandez said.

Jenkins-Hernandez also took exception to the fact that Army insisted that Hernandez had left a $50,000 watch for Kennedy before killing himself.

"I think it's very foolish for a man, or his counsel, to come out and talk about a $50,000 watch when he has a child, and offer his condolences to his fiancée and his child, but then asking for such things or saying such things. It's not commendable," Jenkins-Hernandez said.

With Kennedy's lawyer insisting that Hernandez was very close with his client, Dr. Phil asked the obvious follow up question: Was Aaron gay?

"The Aaron that I know? No. I got no indication or any feeling that he was such," Jenkins-Hernandez said. "He was very much a man to me. It's embarrassing in a sense."

On the other hand, Jenkins-Hernandez did concede that just because she didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

"It's hurtful, regardless of if it's true or not," Jenkins-Hernandez said. "It's not something I saw. It's not something I believe. It's just not him.

While Hernandez was still alive, Jenkins-Hernandez said she "asked him if it was true [that he was gay] and he said that it wasn't."

Jenkins-Hernandez also added that Kennedy's name never came up once during her conversations with her fiancé.

"I don't know who this Kyle Kennedy is. I've never heard of him, honestly. Aaron has never mentioned him," Jenkins-Hernandez said.

One thing Jenkins-Hernandez couldn't explain about Aaron's death was the suicide note that he left for her . Near the end of the note, Aaron wrote the words, "You're rich" to Jenkins-Hernandez. When Dr. Phil asked if what that meant, Jenkins-Hernandez admitted she wasn't sure.

"That I don't know," she said. "I think anything's a possibility, but I don't know what this was for."

One theory is that Hernandez killed himself so that his murder conviction for killing Odin Lloyd would be vacated, which is exactly what happened on May 9 . The vacated conviction means that Hernandez died without a murder conviction on his record, something that could potentially pave the way for her to collect money from the NFL.

Jenkins-Hernandez's interview with Dr. Phil was recorded on the same day that Hernandez's conviction was thrown out (May 9). The interview aired as a two-part special on Monday and Tuesday this week. During the first part of the interview, Jenkins-Hernandez said she thought Aaron's suicide was a hoax when she first got the call that he had killed himself.

Jenkins-Hernandez also said she has a lot of questions left for Aaron.

"If he was sitting right here, there are tons of stuff I would ask," she said. "I can't speculate on what he was thinking. It's unbelievable to me. I don't believe any of it and I don't believe that was the cause."

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anyone watch this on Dr. Phil?

I saw part 1 yesterday. I have part 2 recorded.

She is very well spoken. There were times, however, it felt she held back on some things... but interesting interview.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
She was his "ride or die bitch" so I wouldn't expect her to incriminate him in any way.... or hurt her chances to collect any $$$ she can get. She kinda tried to make him out a bit as a choir boy ... but she has been with him through his whole thug life so ....

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't see how or why what Hernandez did or didn't do with his wee-wee is a story or concern.
The issue with Hernandez was, you know, the dead people.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I don't have a clue on this....but this was the strangest story....they almost immediately came out that he had committed suicide...and then started the smear campaign about his homosexual lifestyle....Just bizarre

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Keep in mind... this chick was the person who got rid of the gun Aaron used in one of his murders. She claimed that she was told to get rid of a box... and she of course never looked inside the box... she just did what she was told and got rid of it. I'm sure she'd say there was obviously no gun in it.

Translation... if she's talking... she's lying.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I don't agree with the idea that if Kyle Kennedy was so close to Aaron that he would've stopped the suicide somehow. Committing suicide was definitely not the worst thing Hernandez did with his life. IMO, Hernandez didn't have a whole lot to live for. He was going to spend the rest of his life in a prison cell. If the goal of his suicide really was to get his wife and daughter more money from the NFL and Patriots then, as his friend, I wouldn't have stopped him.

Honestly, I think this woman will deny the homosexual relationship until the day she dies because she sees it as extremely embarrassing. Like someone else said, she's the one who disposed of the gun so she isn't exactly innocent in all of this.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess Jerry Springer was busy?