Aaron Hernandez acquitted, found dead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good riddance. Anyone who murders three people deserves to rot in hell.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
18013133_417187191976234_12864479318507520_n.jpg

Sorry...Couldn't resist...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Everybody should stop and pause for a second and say to themselves;

There, but for the grace of God, go I.

Nah, not in this case. I have no inclination for murdering someone........and I have a bad temper when pushed. There are millions of people in this country and a very low percentage of them are murderers. We as a society are better off without them. There is a point where you environment as a kid is to blame for your actions but Hernandez far exceeded his.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-wasted-life-peter-king

Aaron Hernandez: A Waste in Every Sense
Spare no sympathy for Aaron Hernandez, who was blessed with rare ability and promise but left a swath of ruined lives, from his victims and their families to his now-fatherless daughter—and of course, himself
by Peter King

odin-lloyd-mother-2.jpg

Ursula Ward, mother of Odin Lloyd/Photo: Stew Milne/AP

There will be more facts to emerge in the coming days about the death of the convicted murderer and former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, who was found in his Massachusetts prison cell on Wednesday morning, an apparent suicide. But whatever the rest of the story is, this is what we know now: Hernandez wasted his life, destroying what could have been a consistent Pro Bowl career, with an all-time great quarterback targeting him endlessly. He wasted it, period.

Don’t make any excuses for him. It’s on him. At the same time, he was responsible for the death of a 27-year-old acquaintance, Odin Lloyd, who was found with 10 bullets pumped into him in an industrial park. Hernandez was charged but found not guilty last week in the deaths of two other men in a drive-by shooting. Another man accused Hernandez of shooting him in the eye so that he wouldn’t testify in the drive-by case.

So senseless, all of it. Hernandez, with a decade of football greatness ahead of him four years ago, dead. Three others dead, at least one of whom he killed. Another with only one working eye.

Five men, with families. Hernandez, with a fiancée, and now with a 4-year-old daughter who will never know him. Lloyd, with a family still grieving. Two other men, Safiro Furtado and Daniel de Abreu, whose murder cases will now apparently grow cold, with families who left a courtroom last week thinking, Where is the justice for us?

And the one-eyed Alexander Bradley. This is a case of a wasted life wasting other lives. That’s why I feel no sympathy for the cold-hearted Hernandez.

I never knew Hernandez, but I do wonder one thing about him: Was the life off the field he chose so inescapable, or in some ways desirable, that you would ruin what you had five years ago, the promise of a long and lucrative career?

safiro-furtado-mother_0.jpg

Maria Teixeira, mother of murder victim Safiro Furtado/Photo: Elise Amendola/AP

Five years ago, Hernandez was on his way to making a fortune, and being one of the best players in the NFL.

It seems so long ago—longer than five years. But that’s how recent it was that Hernandez was an essential contributor to a Super Bowl team. Truly: Ask Tom Brady in the postseason five years ago, the year the Patriots lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl in Indianapolis, who was the more valuable tight end—Hernandez or Rob Gronkowski. Close call. He actually might have said Hernandez.

ernesto-abreu.jpg

Ernesto Abreu, father of murder victim Daniel de Abreu, and family/Photo: Elise Amendola/AP

Check out the numbers of both tight ends in the 2011 postseason, which ended in the 21-17 Super Bowl loss in February 2012: Gronkowski, targeted 23 times in three games by Brady, catching 17 passes for 258 yards and three touchdowns … Hernandez, targeted 31 times in three games, catching 19 balls for 188 yards and two touchdowns.

Also, remember the playoff game against Tim Tebow and Denver that season? Hernandez added five carries out of the backfield for 61 yards. I covered that game, and I recall Hernandez being the big story for the Patriots that night in Foxboro. He caught a touchdown pass and was Bill Belichick’s biggest weapon out of the backfield.

We’ll never know the rest of the football story, because Hernandez chose another path in life. The only benefit? It’s a pitiable consolation prize, but at least the NFL can add a somber program to its annual rookie symposium. I’d entitle it: Don’t Grow Up To Be Aaron Hernandez.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Just wow....

And I'm a little shocked at some of these comments in here. No sympathy...no compassion...kinda heartless.
Compassion for what? A murderer killing themselves? Good riddance. He was a piece of shit and didn't deserve to live as long as he did. Now he can't even suffer in jail for as long as he should have. He took the easy way out. Coward.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I found this comment interesting from the article at the link;

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...that-clients-death-may-not-have-been-suicide/

Due to his suicide, Hernandez will actually die as an innocent man in the eyes of the court. In Massachusetts, a legal principle known as "abatement ab initio" is applied at the time of death. Basically, if a person hasn't exhausted all of their legal appeals when they die, then their case reverts back to the beginning, so in the eyes of the court, it's as if Hernandez's first trial never happened. This means Hernandez's guilty verdict for killing Lloyd also never happened in the eyes of the court.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
I won't celebrate his death... but I certainly won't mourn the loss.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...that-clients-death-may-not-have-been-suicide/

Due to his suicide, Hernandez will actually die as an innocent man in the eyes of the court. In Massachusetts, a legal principle known as "abatement ab initio" is applied at the time of death. Basically, if a person hasn't exhausted all of their legal appeals when they die, then their case reverts back to the beginning, so in the eyes of the court, it's as if Hernandez's first trial never happened. This means Hernandez's guilty verdict for killing Lloyd also never happened in the eyes of the court.
Wow!!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

So basically Aaron is actually an evil genius. All his money will go to his daughter to go will be set for life.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Unfortunate? Perhaps.
Tragic? Not in my opinion.

Hernandez had the world in his back pocket. He was a superstar on a great team and just signed a very large contract with them.
He chose his own path. Nobody forced him to kill anyone. He made decision on his own. All to try and cover up a double murder he and his posse had committed, because someone spilled a drink on him.
Fuck him. No remorse from me.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
So basically Aaron is actually an evil genius. All his money will go to his daughter to go will be set for life.
She is the one I feel for. At least she'll be taken care of financially. Whatever that's worth, IDK.

Zero

Pro Bowler
And I was agreeing with SOMEBODY ELSE'S post. I know how Butthurt the OTHER guy got.
You Bastid. Do you see what you've done.Everybody was perfectly
fine talking about the murderer and you had to turn it into a freaking Bradford
thread.The "over the top" remark was funny,but now I have to endure another freaking Bradford
debate.You and anyone else caught starting a Waaaford thread,should be banned,
stripped naked and forced to hump a fire ant nest.Though some in here may enjoy
that sort of thing,it should teach the rest of us a lesson.Good day Sir and may your
penis be swollen with ant venom.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rnandez-had-john-316-written-on-his-forehead/

Report: Aaron Hernandez had “John 3:16” written on his forehead
Posted by Mike Florio on April 19, 2017

More details are emerging regarding the death of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, and they’re troubling.

Via WBZ-TV, the phrase “John 3:16” was written on Hernandez’s forehead, and red marker was on his hands and feet. “John 3:16” is a popular Biblical verse, the 16th verse of the third chapter of the Gospel According to John: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

Per the report, investigators are exploring whether Hernandez may have smoked synthetic marijuana on Tuesday night. If he did, that possibly could explain bizarre and erratic behavior, like someone who was not suicidal suddenly committing suicide.

Hernandez’s lawyer, Jose Baez, has vowed to conduct his own investigation regarding the situation.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Lots of stuff here....yay and haha.

Wasn't there mention of a murder in Miami (when he was a college star) with connections to him or was that after the Odin murder, those suspicions arose?

I don't know and didn't look but he was involved in a scene where he and a team mate beat up a guy essentially for fun.

I don't talk ill of the dead.

You should, it's a fair and honest assesmnet and they can't spin shit. You get to rely on facts!

Another wasted life. I don't talk ill of the dead. I look at it like another damned shame. The guy was a little boy once, with potential and hope. It's all wasted because he couldn't take responsibility for his decisions, actions and mistakes.

Nothing to do with "responsibility" though, it wasn't "mistakes" either. Killing someone is a mistake. Killing someone IS NOT a mistake. A mistake is a smaller thing. This was a cold blooded killing.

Oh well, saves taxpayer money.

YAY!!! Any news that may lower taxes I am all for.

No sympathy...no compassion...kinda heartless.

LA you know I lurv you, luv you and love you. But this dude was dirty all over and his death is fine.

There, but for the grace of God, go I.

So, then your god saved you from being a sociopathic narcissistic evil piece of shit who kills people? Did he then assign those duties to Hernandez after you declined? Or is it that you are just a WAY better human than that piece of shit ever was?

What do you think?

Seems like a weird time to off yourself when you suddenly have some glimmer of hope shining your way.

He was not going to win a retrial of the first conviction and if the second trial was granted a do-over and the knucklehead DA disn't ask for 1st Degree he would have a smaller shot at winning.

It's easy for you and me but it's not easy for someone who is mentally ill.

Mentally ill? That could be said of anyone who does the shit that people like him do..........so now thee is one less of them. That's easy for me.

But celebrating, ( I'm not saying that you are in particular) a sick twisted life ending is pretty strange as well.

So a sick twisted fuck who has killed people with little provocation, and has a lifetime record of violence and an apathetic feeling towards others and rules of law that really matter (beating people up and shooting them) isn't worth celebrating? IMO it's strange not to say goodbye to bad garbage.

I guess Aaron Hernandez couldn't hang with being in prison for the .......oh wait....

DtB it's not to soon LOL.

I could kiss you on the lips for that.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Who's paying him to do this investigation? No way a lawyer does anything without charging ridiculous amounts of money per hour.

The same guy who helped OJ conduct an investigation into the deaths of Nicole Simpson and Ron Brown from golf courses all over the USA. He funded OJ and got to the bottom of things. Right? Maybe he contacted Baez too.

Yeah. From Nigeria. With a bank wire. For the retainer. Just send half back though via check.