Aaron Donald's combine numbers compared to other DTs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Robinson and Donald were as big of workout warriors as anybody at the combine not named Clowney. They also have great tape to go with. I was going to compare combine numbers of Robinson and other OTs, but I have a hard time finding guys weighing over 315 much less 330. Freakiest thing I realized doing my OT research is Tyron Smith has almost 37" long arms and his bench press numbers were still good. That's unreal. The guy must have scars on his knuckles from his hands dragging the ground.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Robinson and Donald were as big of workout warriors as anybody at the combine not named Clowney. They also have great tape to go with. I was going to compare combine numbers of Robinson and other OTs, but I have a hard time finding guys weighing over 315 much less 330. Freakiest thing I realized doing my OT research is Tyron Smith has almost 37" long arms and his bench press numbers were still good. That's unreal. The guy must have scars on his knuckles from his hands dragging the ground.
I saw a photo of Tyron Smith and Greg Robinson side by side and was surprised how Robinson made Smith look normal sized.
Tried to post photo but failed(n)

fearsomefour

Legend
I honestly think the Rams nabbed two pro bowlers at 1 and 2.
I agree and I usually don't get wrapped up in rookie hype.
A football coach I know in town (who coaches o line mostly) who is knowledgable and does some scouting for colleges sent me a text after Donald was selected:
"Rams just got the best player in the draft. Donald is unblockable on his first step. Second coming of John Randle."
Just one guys opinion....but it made me smile.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I agree and I usually don't get wrapped up in rookie hype.
A football coach I know in town (who coaches o line mostly) who is knowledgable and does some scouting for colleges sent me a text after Donald was selected:
"Rams just got the best player in the draft. Donald is unblockable on his first step. Second coming of John Randle."
Just one guys opinion....but it made me smile.
Pretty close to how I see it, Clowney got most of the hype BK it's a glamour position ,but Donald is just like your friend says freeking unblock-able for the most part if he wants through he's gonna get there,only time I saw him blocked it was cuz was waiting to shed the block in the right direction

jjab360

Legend
I saw a photo of Tyron Smith and Greg Robinson side by side and was surprised how Robinson made Smith look normal sized.
Tried to post photo but failed(n)
robinson_smith300_h7cjkxa6_hz2zqj9f.jpg

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Yeah, Smith is a monster. But Robinson is even bigger.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Donald just seems like the kind of player that is going to be productive at any level. The only question is just how good is he, Pro Bowler or very good. Either way I think we got us a gem.
:cheers:

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think its funny that in the eyes of the media/scouts only 3 inches seperate him from being a once in a generation prospect like Suh..

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I think its funny that in the eyes of the media/scouts only 3 inches seperate him from being a once in a generation prospect like Suh..
There's a "once in a decade" prospect every year.

A "once in a generation" prospect every other year.

Hype is hype.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's a "once in a decade" prospect every year.

A "once in a generation" prospect every other year.

Hype is hype.
Yeah i get that. Im saying I think its funny that because donald is a few inches shorter than prototypical DT size, he's not considered one of these once in a generation players despite having better numbers across the board than the other rare DT prospects.

Last edited: