Aaron Donald's agent Todd France has history that could mean trouble for the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Remember the several million they freaked Lavar Arrington out of because of the change in bonus money and they didn't bother to read the contract and instructed the client to sign it and send it back. That was a HUGE freak up and it was the reason that the NFL suspended him for two years.

Yep, that was it! A total failure of their fiduciary duty to their client. It's probably one reason they have only a handful of clients now, and nobody who's a big name.

I'm gonna use the word assholery as soon as I get the chance. Nice.

Damn, should've trademarked it! Guess it's in the public domain now ... ;)

Those dickheads screwed a Broncos player sideways one time. The Broncos gave him a good offer but the postons wouldn't agree to it. This went on for awhile. Anyway he got injured and then never received more then a fifth of what the Broncos originally offered him. His surname might have been gold. Not sure.

I don't remember that one, but I find it totally believable. They are sh!t.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I get his window is closing

What? :thinking:

There is no way "Trader Les Snead" will keep AD past the 4th game of the season if both sides do indeed stand firm.

Les will trade AD when his value is the most ripe and that would be this year, not after a full season of him holding out and being another year older.

The Lions are in need of players for their D-line, plus in 2018 they will have the highest cap space with $61 million. Btw the Rams are listed as 6th in cap space with $36 million.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2018/

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
I think it's safe to say AD and his agent are now losing the public relations battle.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's safe to say AD and his agent are now losing the public relations battle.

when the get out clause was thrown out there to the public there's no turning back. if it's true or not the public will forever think his agent is a dicknose.

Rainram

Starter
"Dicknose" and "Assholery" have added so much levity to this thread for me.

…..

Legend
IMO the Rams will get a bad rep by not signing their best player when they are overpaying others.

Well....its a bit late to worry about that isnt it? Pretty sure that opinion is shared by everyone who might happen to be paying attention.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
There is no way "Trader Les Snead" will keep AD past the 4th game of the season if both sides do indeed stand firm.
I heard something about the 8th game....forget what it is now....I'd say the breaking point would be the 2nd game...if we happen to lose the first two...which are very winnable at this moment.

Also don't forget, setting a precedent of ripping up a contract after it's 3rd year can get even more expensive down the line.
They already did it with Quinn and Tavon...hence why we're here right now.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
You don't trade him. You extend him. But you don't just give him anything he wants - you eat the holdout and don't blink. The Rams have the leverage - he will get huge money but the Rams need to get the structure they need to still compete. Even if he sits half the season - they should hold firm.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I believe he wants 2 contracts...one before 30...and one after....it looks like the Rams intend to make sure he only gets one mega contract while in his prime

What do you mean? I haven't heard that.

You don't trade him. You extend him. But you don't just give him anything he wants - you eat the holdout and don't blink. The Rams have the leverage - he will get huge money but the Rams need to get the structure they need to still compete. Even if he sits half the season - they should hold firm.

If he is sitting half the season the second half could very possibly see him playing for another team. The Rams may decide that they aren't going to put up with shit like that.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Well if the 3 yr out clause is true, I'd say they have no choice but to hold firm. This phuk-stick agent is steering AD down a bad path. I'd have to beieve AD is ready to sign and his agent is holding out for more.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Or we could just give him a fat extension.

I generally respect your opinion on ROD jrry..

I am curious though, if you think AD is worth 20 million per year? and I don't mean with incentives or hidden clauses. 20 million per year flat rate no strings attached ?

curious-minds-logo.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man some strong opinions in here. Most of which appears to think Donald is being greedy.
So I wonder, what was the contract that the Rams offered? And what does Donald want?
And I don't mean opinions, what exactly do we know?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's the reason the 3rd year buyout came about. That will allow him to get another long term contract before he turns 30. If he signs such a deal now it ends when he's 29 which is easier to get a long term deal than if he signed one that ended when he's 32 or 33.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I was listening to a program...and the new thing is like...Sammy B....and the QB's....they get 2 max deals...because they last so long in the league...while most other players only are able to get one before they are out of their primes...Hence 2 max deals. It's why I think his agent wants a max deal with an out around the time AD is 29-ish...he'll still be in prime shape and a decent age.

And yes, @Florida_Ram , $20 mill for 5, with an opt out in 2020 should do it....I'd guarantee about $45 or $50 million.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was listening to a program...and the new thing is like...Sammy B....and the QB's....they get 2 max deals...because they last so long in the league...while most other players only are able to get one before they are out of their primes...Hence 2 max deals. It's why I think his agent wants a max deal with an out around the time AD is 29-ish...he'll still be in prime shape and a decent age.

And yes, @Florida_Ram , $20 mill for 5, with an opt out in 2020 should do it....I'd guarantee about $45 or $50 million.
Take out the opt out clause, they make a joke of things, and move the guaranteed to about 75 million and add a 6th year.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Have to think he is going to report, but there is a possibility AD does not want to be a Ram, and is trying to force a trade.