Aaron Donald

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I know numbers don't mean everything, but ADs stats have been down the past few games. He's totaled 1 tackle against SF and Minn. have teams finally figured out how to slow him down? Is he over pursuing too much? Opinions are welcomed :argue:

RamzFanz

Damnit
I know numbers don't mean everything, but ADs stats have been down the past few games. He's totaled 1 tackle against SF and Minn. have teams finally figured out how to slow him down? Is he over pursuing too much? Opinions are welcomed :argue:

He sucks.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
Quinn and long didn't play against the vikings. With both of them out teams can focus much more on Donald. Notice that all of our DTs play well while Quinn is in. There's a reason he got that contract.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Gurley had less than 100 yards!!! he must be over too.....:palm:

You can't base a player off two games.....just saying..

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was close to taking the hand off on a couple plays . He'll be fine .

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Players don't get sacks, or even negative plays every game. It happens. The opposition made it a priority to limit his impact. That should open things up for the other linemen. Its not like they ran roughshod through the defense. They were held to 18 points in regulation even with all the offensive ineptitude.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
he was getting plenty of penetration last game but nobody else seemed to be so AP or Bridgewater would simply run away from him whenever he got through

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Quinn and long didn't play against the vikings. With both of them out teams can focus much more on Donald. Notice that all of our DTs play well while Quinn is in. There's a reason he got that contract.
This. I would also say Long being out is contributing to Quinn's numbers being down this year and last. We really need them all working together. We have good back-ups but Long controls the QB's front side and keeps contain. He is both smart and relentless.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
LOL, I know people like to overlook Long's contribution, but Quinn too? This aggression cannot stand man.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The opponents get paid too....I think the Minn. center is pretty damn good too....Plus, Vikes & Steelers practice vs some beastly DT's (Heywerd & Joseph), maybe they were ready for the AD show....

Still think when Quinn sits, that's a huge absence on the DL.

jjab360

Legend
Just because he hasn't been the one to take the ball carrier down doesn't mean he hadn't been making plays. He's been getting a ton of penetration, getting hurries, forcing bad throws, and being disruptive, allowing his teammates to clean up. Needless to say, still a beast.

Don't watch the stat sheet, watch the LOS. Donald is in the backfield at almost the same time the ball is snapped, it's just ridiculous.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Donald was destroying the Vikings. Statistics don't really mean much. He's still the most disruptive DT in the game for sure, and there's not one player I'd take over him.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well...I guess that settled it then! Lol I appreciate the comments. I wouldn't say he's declined at all and I definitely noticed his presence vs the Vikings but he was getting sacks left and right every game and it just stopped happened. I just want 13 sacks a game is that too much to ask? :D

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Like others have said the overall health of the D line coupled with teams figuring out how to be more effective against the young Tackle have affected his numbers. He certainly draws the attention of every OC we face and gets game planned for, affecting opponent offenses weekly.
I have also seen teams attempt to use his quick penetration against him and yes the competition has been strong.
He is still playing at a high level and will adjust to the new challenges. Getting Long and Quinn back will go a long way.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Of all positions on the field; a DT cannot be measured by stats. It's nearly a 100% tape thing to determine how well they performed their assignments.

The really good ones, happen to get sacks occasionally. Case in point, even the great HOF Warren Sapp only exceeded 10 sacks three times in 13 seasons. But his presence was felt in every game.

That's what Donald is doing.

Last edited: