Aaron Donald

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would really like to see him start this week against Dallas. They like to run a lot of zone running and pulling guards. That's Right up Donalds alley. He is too disruptive and can really cause havoc

Irish

Starter
Donald will need to really maintain gap integrity against a guy like Demarco Murray and that zone rushing attack. Runners like Murray eat guys that just shoot the gap upfield every play for breakfast, and that is Donald's number one attribute right now.

Experienced NFL linemen crash that d tackle down with a center and the pulling guard leads through the hole to get a hat on the filling linebacker, rinse and repeat. If Donald or Brockers or really whomever can't plug a gap and maintain integrity on running plays, it is going to be a field day (again) for Murray in St. Louis.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
The more you have your DTs in the backfield, the harder it is for RBs to gain any steam.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I think the key to winning this game is unleashing the blitz and knocking around Romo. I'm pretty confident that Murray will get his yards against the Rams defense no matter what. Romo on the other hand is definitely looking like he's playing hurt. So, yeah I'm all for starting Donald.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think the key to winning this game is unleashing the blitz and knocking around Romo. I'm pretty confident that Murray will get his yards against the Rams defense no matter what. Romo on the other hand is definitely looking like he's playing hurt. So, yeah I'm all for starting Donald.
This^ is why the key IS to stop the run and make Romo Try to beat us with his arm!!

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I get and agree with your logic. Personally, I see Romo as the bigger threat because he can gain bigger chucks of yards faster. I don't think that a running back that has a ton of yards always translates to a lot of points. I guess ou could say the same thing about a qb. But, it goes back to me viewing Tony as the bigger threat and the Rams having a better chance to stop him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Donald will need to really maintain gap integrity against a guy like Demarco Murray and that zone rushing attack. Runners like Murray eat guys that just shoot the gap upfield every play for breakfast, and that is Donald's number one attribute right now.

Experienced NFL linemen crash that d tackle down with a center and the pulling guard leads through the hole to get a hat on the filling linebacker, rinse and repeat. If Donald or Brockers or really whomever can't plug a gap and maintain integrity on running plays, it is going to be a field day (again) for Murray in St. Louis.

I don't know that I agree. For a team that uses a lot of counters, traps, and power running, I'd agree with you. But for a zone team with stretch plays, having a DT that can get in the back-field is valuable. Especially if he's smart enough and athletic enough to keep back-side contain. I think Donald is. If he can knife through that back-side, he can shutdown the cutback lanes. And when on the play-side, he has the speed, balance, and strength to slip through the OL and keep Murray from pressing the LOS.

If I were Dallas, Donald would be a guy I'd double team whenever he's play-side. Because there's no way an OL is going to be able to reach him on a down block.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
Dallas is gon' try to run us to death and we are gonna wanna sack em to death,

Solution for Rams? Focus on stuffing run early and get a lead, then pin ears back.

I just don't wanna see a repeat of last years debacle.