Aaron Donald vs. The Whiners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Aaron Donald played 88.4% of the Rams defensive snaps according to PFF's Nathan Jahnke.

Apparently that is the most for a Rams defensive tackle since 2007.

Seems a bit excessive for a rookie..I read a few people saying dt's weren't rotated out much and looked gassed later on.

I know we all wanted to see more of Donald but damn, that is a lot.

Maybe Williams wanted the team to get a sack so bad he kept him in and blitzed constantly....but yea......

:wtf:

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I know he got tackled on 1 play when he beat 2 blockers and the guard nailed him! He's a beast in there!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
The guy is actually awesome though. So that's why he played so many snaps. I swear he gets penetration nearly every play.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
True in all parts, just seemed excessive for a rookie DT, even excessive for a vet starter. He is a beast, no doubt about it.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, I love that guy. Seems to be our only defender that is playing with a purpose.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Saw on anther post that Donald had 4-5 run stuffs & blew up a draw play. Also had a hand in the 4th quarter goal line stands. VERY excited about his play, can't wait for his first sack! (I may be waiting until 2015 after GW is gone, though....)

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Aaron Donald played 88.4% of the Rams defensive snaps according to PFF's Nathan Jahnke.

Apparently that is the most for a Rams defensive tackle since 2007.

Seems a bit excessive for a rookie..I read a few people saying dt's weren't rotated out much and looked gassed later on.

I know we all wanted to see more of Donald but damn, that is a lot.

Maybe Williams wanted the team to get a sack so bad he kept him in and blitzed constantly....but yea......

:wtf:

this guy breathe eats and sleeps football. hes in before the coaches in the morning and last one out. He's not your average rookie. hes years ahead of his age. future Pro Bowler written all over him

lockdnram21

Legend
Saw on anther post that Donald had 4-5 run stuffs & blew up a draw play. Also had a hand in the 4th quarter goal line stands. VERY excited about his play, can't wait for his first sack! (I may be waiting until 2015 after GW is gone, though....)
he already has his first sack. He has our only sack

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
The guy is actually awesome though. So that's why he played so many snaps. I swear he gets penetration nearly every play.
So the secret is to draft more awesome players!

brilliant.jpg

Penguin.

Rookie
Gaines, Robinson, and Donald are solid. Tre Meson looked good. I wished our team was playing like our rookies.

cracengl

Rookie
I thought he had a few moment and they were only in run D. I expect more from a first rounder in his third year.

I think Brokers could be better. But, I hope the expectation bar is not over-inflated. His bread and butter is take on the double team and eat that space. And he was drafted knowing full well that his sack ability would have to improve. I think the main issue right now is that his sack ability has fallen off some from what it has been in the past--not that the entire defense hasn't experienced that.

V3

Hall of Fame
I think Brokers could be better. But, I hope the expectation bar is not over-inflated. His bread and butter is take on the double team and eat that space. And he was drafted knowing full well that his sack ability would have to improve. I think the main issue right now is that his sack ability has fallen off some from what it has been in the past--not that the entire defense hasn't experienced that.
That's the thing, though. I don't see him taking on double teams anymore. I see him have troubles with single teams. I've been specifically watching our DT's. Either he's regressed or he's dealing with some physical issues(entirely possible with him. He seems to get nicked up a lot.)

V3

Hall of Fame
i guess if you say so
And I could say the same about,
Brockers had a good game
If you're only going to look at just run blocking, perhaps I'll go there. But for a first round pick, I expect more than just solid run blocking. Also, he's been pretty inconsistent with even the run blocking.

lockdnram21

Legend
And I could say the same about,

If you're only going to look at just run blocking, perhaps I'll go there. But for a first round pick, I expect more than just solid run blocking. Also, he's been pretty inconsistent with even the run blocking.
i think he played a solid game. but to each its own