Aaron Donald vs Other rookie DT's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
'
Chris Long agrees, he favorited it and I can't wait to see it go down!

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Wow is he a ray of sunshine on this tough Monday. When a rookie comes in and just flat dominates you start to drool about the next ten years and the possibility of another Ram in the HOF.

His sack on Sunday now means he has the most tackles for -5 yards by a rookie DT as far as records go back (1998) passing over Suh by 0.5 sacks.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Where's he at in the DROY running? I know DT stats aren't as eye opening as say LB stats, but when you have dominance like that it has to put him near or at the top.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Not only is he crushing other rookie DT's, he's crushing vets too.

Out of 78 DT/NTs, Donald is ranked #2 by PFF behind only Suh.
upload_2014-11-24_14-1-23.png

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Where's he at in the DROY running? I know DT stats aren't as eye opening as say LB stats, but when you have dominance like that it has to put him near or at the top.

PFF grades:
  • Donald is +25.2
  • Khalil Mack is at +30.8
  • Anthony Barr (MINNESOTA) has settled back down to earth at +8.7
  • CJ Mosley (Baltimore) has also leveled out at +13
  • Late entry, Chris Borland from San Fran is at +17.8. That's almost not shocking to me. He kicked some serious butt in the Rams game. I think he tackled the mascot when he got off the bus.
PS - EJ Gaines has dropped to 3rd among rookie CBs after being -4.9 in the last 2 games.

upload_2014-11-24_14-8-49.png

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
It's going to be close between Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald for DPOY.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I bet Chris Borland gets it because he plays for a team that isn't the Rams or the Raiders. :( - I'm sad now

It is Defensive Rookie of the Year.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I bet Chris Borland gets it because he plays for a team that isn't the Rams or the Raiders. :( - I'm sad now

It is Defensive Rookie of the Year.

My money is on Mack. Raiders are a bad team, but they still have an identity, so they get noticed more. He's been good enough to win it, high profile position, he'll nab the award, even if Donald is the superior player.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
My money is on Mack. Raiders are a bad team, but they still have an identity, so they get noticed more. He's been good enough to win it, high profile position, he'll nab the award, even if Donald is the superior player.
If I had a say it would be Donald.