Aaron Donald vs Ndamukong Suh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Know what we know now, Donald is the only way to go!!:D

In the parallel universe where the Rams took Suh, next year they'd end up possibly picking in the top 5 again due to anyone being able to play QB. That could have put them on AJ Green or Patrick Peterson. Kinda crazy to think about.
Of course that also means no Quinn.

Surely we'd of taken a QB the next year, or do you have us taking Clausen? :eek:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The advantages of salary, youth, and character aside, I STILL take Donald every single time.

Can't believe we got so lucky to have him fall to #13.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
In the parallel universe where the Rams took Suh, next year they'd end up possibly picking in the top 5 again due to anyone being able to play QB. That could have put them on AJ Green or Patrick Peterson. Kinda crazy to think about.
Of course that also means no Quinn.

In this parallel universe, Quinn wouldn't have taken the benefits and had no off the field issues to hold him out of the top 5, so we get him too!

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Speaking of which, how's Hayes been looking so far? I haven't really paid attention to him. Seems like Sims is actually the better player.

Solid in run D. Questionable in pass rush. Kinda everyone is questionable in pass rush right now, getting their share of hurries but nobody finishing. Wilson made the Rams pass rush look terrible, escaping the pocket and making plays all over the field. Both Ogletree and Hayes seemed to have contain issues. Wilson ran for 106 yards on them for Christ sake, and it felt a lot worse than that because he just NEVER felt contained. He'd get out of the pocket with nobody near him and you're just counting one mississippi, two mississippi and you know that just nothing good can happen.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
How about we acquire Suh and then make the comparison ourselves.

Could you imagine? Long-Donald-Suh-Quinn?

Bah Gawd! Kraepernick's been broken in half!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
How about we acquire Suh and then make the comparison ourselves.

Could you imagine? Long-Donald-Suh-Quinn?

Bah Gawd! Kraepernick's been broken in half!
Bench Brockers for Suh? I would not be on board with that plan.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Surely we'd of taken a QB the next year, or do you have us taking Clausen? :eek:
Yeah I'm not sure how that would shake out. There are an awful lot of variables. Bradford seemed to make a world of difference for that team in 2010, without him there's the distinct possibility the Rams could have been in position to take Cam Newton. Or maybe they'd pair AJ Green with Dalton like Cincy did.
Just a fun tangent to think of.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I like Brockers, but if I take off my homer glasses he's not even close to Suh's level.
Brockers doesn't have character concern 1 though.

The way Suh is going, the day's going to come sooner than it should that Suh's level is zero because he won't be playing anymore.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Brockers doesn't have character concern 1 though.

The way Suh is going, the day's going to come sooner than it should that Suh's level is zero because he won't be playing anymore.

Unless I've missed something (totally possible) hasn't Suh stayed out of trouble since the beginning of last season?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Unless I've missed something (totally possible) hasn't Suh stayed out of trouble since the beginning of last season?
I haven't heard of anything specific myself, but with him, it's kind of a matter of waiting for something to happen.

Plus, it wouldn't be the best investment to bring in a high dollar free agent at a position where you'd have to bench a 1st rounder who is playing well (even if doesn't always show up in stats).

There are other places on the field that could use that kind of free agent love a lot more.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Maybe an early reflection. Suh and (Nebraska) against Arizona in the Holiday Bowl.

Donald is definitely showing an immediate impact without the dirty play or questiinable attitude, however that was past Suh ..or astronomical cap figure for 2015.