Aaron Donald vs Ndamukong Suh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I know I have read posts recently about how Donald rates against other NFL DT's but I am really interested how other Rams Fans compare him against Ndamukong Suh. No doubt Suh is a difference maker and quite possibly the best DT in the NFL right now but would you prefer Suh or Donald if you could make that choice today and what comparisons can you make between two players? The biggest similarities I can see between Suh and Donald (Other than they are both DT's) are their strength, quickness and intensity (Although, I think Donald might have more of a positive intensity that Suh). The biggest differences I can see in them is their size (Suh is definitely the bigger player), speed (I think Donald is much faster) and attitude (It sounds like Donald is a Coach's dream player while it seems like Suh definitely has some issues). I know I am a HOMER but in all honesty if I had to choose today I would take Aaron Donald! All I can say is I was really, really happy when Donald FELL in the Rams lap in the 2014 Draft and I personally believe that he WAS the STEAL of the 2014 Draft!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think Suh may be a little better, right now. But I think Donald will be a better play. Suh set the league on fire his rookie season. Donald is doing really well, though.

Philly5

Rookie
Donald plays with more discipline and therefore has more impact in defending the run, despite being smaller. Will be interesting to see if anyone wants to sign Suh this offseason. Probably ends up on Raiders.

Alan

Legend
Finesse & speed versus power. I'd rather have Donald but he's not an idiot too. Unless he tried to stomp on a players head and I missed it. :LOL:

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I wouldn't trade Donald for anyone. It's rare to find a player with that much talent and drive. Donald is more similar to Geno Atkins but healthier and cheaper.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Suh is obviously the better player at the moment, would I trade him for Donald.. NOT A CHANCE
Donald is a rookie and he's dominating at the moment. He'll be the best DT in the game in 2-3 years

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Donald easily. Has done great this year and is still learning and adjusting. Just wait till Chris Long gets back, Donalds number will get even better.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Another plus for Donald, to me, is that I've yet to see him stomp on somebody's throat and finish it off with a flying elbow drop to a guy's nuts...Thus avoiding the ridiculous 15-yard penalties that Suh seems to like to pile up...

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Yeah I don't think this choice is as hard to make as it seems. Donald is younger, cheaper, better influence, role model, dominant. Suh is older, hella expensive, bad influence, complete douche, dominant. I take Donald 10 times over.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Another plus for Donald, to me, is that I've yet to see him stomp on somebody's throat and finish it off with a flying elbow drop to a guy's nuts...Thus avoiding the ridiculous 15-yard penalties that Suh seems to like to pile up...
Don't forget about the scissor kick to the man junk.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'd take Donald , by the time he's been in the league as long as Suh EVERYONE would

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Donald will be the best or among the best DT in the league by next year,he was the steal of the draft and I'm glad we got him.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There isnt a DT in the league id trade Donald for straight up. Look at what the kids flashing in only his first few moments of NFL action. Wouldnt be surprised if hes the best DT in the league in a year or 2

Irish

Starter
There isnt a DT in the league id trade Donald for straight up. Look at what the kids flashing in only his first few moments of NFL action. Wouldnt be surprised if hes the best DT in the league in a year or 2
Haloti Ngata?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Haloti Ngata?
No thanks. Ngata is 30... Donald is 23. Obviously I dont believe Donald is the better player right now but hes showing consistent flashes of being a DOMINANT DT as a 23 year old rookie...Ill stick with Donald and see what he has to offer.

Plus Ngata is a 3-4 guy. Rather stick with our rising star than trade him for a 31 year old player who we would have to ask to switch systems

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Donald easily. Has done great this year and is still learning and adjusting. Just wait till Chris Long gets back, Donalds number will get even better.

With all due respect to William Hayes, it's just too easy for QBs to escape the pocket to the right. Can't get CL91 back soon enough.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
With all due respect to William Hayes, it's just too easy for QBs to escape the pocket to the right. Can't get CL91 back soon enough.

Speaking of which, how's Hayes been looking so far? I haven't really paid attention to him. Seems like Sims is actually the better player.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
In the parallel universe where the Rams took Suh, next year they'd end up possibly picking in the top 5 again due to anyone being able to play QB. That could have put them on AJ Green or Patrick Peterson. Kinda crazy to think about.
Of course that also means no Quinn.