Aaron Donald Rookie Highlights!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Great video, music is meh.

Could watch Donald highlights all day long!

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
This guy is incredible. I love the sacks obviously but the tackles on RBs in the backfield stand out for me. There were two clips in that video where he is in the backfield practically waiting for the QB to hand it off before he makes the tackle. He has enough time to stop and make himself a cup of tea before making the tackle at one point.

I also enjoyed what I presume was him going to collect his rookie of the year award. He walks past Kaepernick who ought to be flinching and bracing himself every time he sees Donald (and any other rams d lineman for that matter). I can't wait to see Donald and his partners-in-crime back in action.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am awed that we stole him in the previous draft. He is better than the #1 overall pick Jadaveon Clowney, and it's not close for me..even if Clowney is uninjured with a good attitude. We are watching a future Rams legend in the making.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I remember how happy I was when the Giants passed over Donald for OBJ, to be fair they got a really good one, but I'd still take an elite DT over an elite WR.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I remember how happy I was when the Giants passed over Donald for OBJ, to be fair they got a really good one, but I'd still take an elite DT over an elite WR.

Thats a tricky one, seeing as we had a really good D-line already, could have done with an elite WR on our books too ;) but i guess from really good D-line to elite d-line now (as long as they play at 100% FROM week 1!

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Great video, music is meh.

Could watch Donald highlights all day long!
In a few years, you might have to dedicate entire days, maybe weeks, to catch all his highlights. I'm glad he's one of our guys. I hope he scores a touchdown or two this year!!!!!

I agree. I'm not ready to anoint either elite yet. A lot of guys can have a great year but give me 2 or 3 and I'm sold.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Thats a tricky one, seeing as we had a really good D-line already, could have done with an elite WR on our books too ;) but i guess from really good D-line to elite d-line now (as long as they play at 100% FROM week 1!

I may not be remembering correctly, but we would have never taken OBJ, we'd of taken Martin if Donald had gone at 13. Which wouldn't have been too awful, we wouldn't have had to watch Davin Joseph for one :).

I agree. I'm not ready to anoint either elite yet. A lot of guys can have a great year but give me 2 or 3 and I'm sold.

A lot of guys can have a good year, there's 3 guys in the last decade who have had a single year as good as Donald had, and one of them became the highest paid defensive player in the league this off-season.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I may not be remembering correctly, but we would have never taken OBJ, we'd of taken Martin if Donald had gone at 13. Which wouldn't have been too awful, we wouldn't have had to watch Davin Joseph for one :).

A lot of guys can have a good year, there's 3 guys in the last decade who have had a single year as good as Donald had, and one of them became the highest paid defensive player in the league this off-season.

Rumor was that the Rams were interested in Donald, Beckham, Mosley, and Martin with their 1A pick, RAGRam.

And more or less in that order.

They were reportedly stunned when Donald fell to them.

BTW, those were 4 outstanding football players, huh? Speaks well for the Ram talent eval that year. Didn't all 4 make the Pro Bowl as rookies?

What a draft class that was!

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Rumor was that the Rams were interested in Donald, Beckham, Mosley, and Martin with their 1A pick, RAGRam.

And more or less in that order.

They were reportedly stunned when Donald fell to them.

BTW, those were 4 outstanding football players, huh? Speaks well for the Ram talent eval that year. Didn't all 4 make the Pro Bowl as rookies?

What a draft class that was!

I love the "I don't care if we need him, we'll take the best player available" attitude to drafting in the 1st round, only one of those 4 we had a need for is Martin, and even at the time you could make a case for it not being the biggest need (Long at LT, Robinson and Saffold manning both guard spots). And yet we were willing to take them because they were great talents, and they stuck to that this year with the drafting of Gurley.

Moostache

Rookie
A lot of guys can have a great year but give me 2 or 3 and I'm sold.
I realize its not at the NFL level, but have you seen Donald's colleghe stats and tape?

In 2013, he was hands down the best D-lineman in college.
In 2014, as a rookie, you can make a plausible case that he was easily top-5 DT in the NFL.

I expect - barring any injuries - that he is going to be a Warren Sapp-type presence in the NFL for years to come.
He is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad man on that field and a nightmare for centers and guards in the league...with Brockers beside him (*and now Fairley in the rotation!) and Long and Quinn on the edges, this Rams D-line has got to dominate. There is no excuses this year...no new system, no rookies, no lack of depth, no excuses.

I expect them to really own the line of scrimmage and with Donald's penetration and Quinn's edge rush, effectively shut off half the field on every play!

I think I've seen enough from Donald over the past 3 years to say he is going to be all-time great as long as he stays healthy.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Great Video! It gives me Chill's just thinking about How good he could be this year, after getting over his "Rookie Year Nervousness"!! :ROFLMAO::D

I read on another thread that, one writer believes, It's possible that the D-Line alone could account for 50+ sacks this year! and I believe it!!

Big Game

Living The Dream
WOW amazing how Aaron Donald was in the backfield 3 or 4 yards right after the snap. Great combination of speed and power. Loved seeing him drop Beast Mode with the wrestling move hahahhah :sneaky::whistle::rockon::cheers::double:

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I realize its not at the NFL level, but have you seen Donald's colleghe stats and tape?

In 2013, he was hands down the best D-lineman in college.
In 2014, as a rookie, you can make a plausible case that he was easily top-5 DT in the NFL.

I expect - barring any injuries - that he is going to be a Warren Sapp-type presence in the NFL for years to come.
He is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad man on that field and a nightmare for centers and guards in the league...with Brockers beside him (*and now Fairley in the rotation!) and Long and Quinn on the edges, this Rams D-line has got to dominate. There is no excuses this year...no new system, no rookies, no lack of depth, no excuses.

I expect them to really own the line of scrimmage and with Donald's penetration and Quinn's edge rush, effectively shut off half the field on every play!

I think I've seen enough from Donald over the past 3 years to say he is going to be all-time great as long as he stays healthy.
I wholeheartedly agree, I just don't want to jinx him somehow. I'm probably being too careful.