Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey selected to 2020 Pro Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey selected to 2020 Pro Bowl

Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald and cornerback Jalen Ramsey have been selected to the 2020 Pro Bowl, the league announced Tuesday. The game is set for Jan. 26, 2020, with kickoff scheduled for 12 p.m. PST on ESPN.

For Donald, who has been selected as a starter, it is his sixth consecutive nod to the annual all-Star game. He has been a Pro Bowler in every season since being drafted No. 13 overall by Los Angeles in 2014.

For Ramsey, it is his third straight season earning Pro Bowl honors, but it will be his first as a member of the NFC.

Here’s a closer look at how each of their seasons have gone through Week 15:

DT AARON DONALD

Donald helped his case by earning NFC Player of the Week honors for the sixth time in his career, receiving it after tallying four total tackles, including two for loss, plus two sacks, four QB hits and one pass breakup in L.A.’s 17-7 win over Chicago in Week 11.

The former Pitt standout has 27 total tackles, 11 sacks, two forced fumbles and two pass breakups on the season. His 11 sacks guarantee a double-figure finish in that category for the third consecutive year and fourth time in the last five years.

CB JALEN RAMSEY

Acquired in a trade with the Jaguars on Oct. 15, Ramsey has 29 total tackles, two pass breakups and one forced fumble across eight games with the Rams. During that same stretch, his presence in the secondary has coincided with L.A.’s pass rush collecting 30 of its 43 sacks on the season.

The 2020 Pro Bowl presented by Verizon will follow the traditional AFC versus NFC format and feature 88 of the best NFL players – 44 from each conference as determined by a consensus of votes by fans, players, and coaches. Both teams will be led by offensive and defensive NFL legends, who will serve as captains representing each conference.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Will Donald get the Trifecta on Defensive player of the year.

That is the question.

My guess is no. They will give it to someone else. They won't want anyone surpassing the great LT.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Ramsey? I mean he’s been alright. He has 0 INTs this year.
Notice it’s the same guys every year. Is Marshall Yanda ALWAYS the best guard in the AFC? I’m sure most of these guys are very good and play consistent year to year, but man. Rubber stamp much, NFL?

Even our Aaron Donald, who I obviously follow closely, and recognize as a beast, seems to be in the rubber-stamp club.

So I think this explains Ramsey. Great talent. Recognizable name. Stamp.

Turducken

Starter
Will Donald get the Trifecta on Defensive player of the year.

That is the question.
He will need to finish stronger than he has played for most of the season. Sack Jimmy Garoppolo 3 or 4 times in a prime time upset and he'll have a shot.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Notice it’s the same guys every year. Is Marshall Yanda ALWAYS the best guard in the AFC? I’m sure most of these guys are very good and play consistent year to year, but man. Rubber stamp much, NFL?

Even our Aaron Donald, who I obviously follow closely, and recognize as a beast, seems to be in the rubber-stamp club.

So I think this explains Ramsey. Great talent. Recognizable name. Stamp.
Player selection Currently, players are voted into the Pro Bowl by the coaches, the players themselves, and the fans. Each group's ballots count for one third of the votes. The fans vote online at the NFL's official website. ... Prior to 1995, only the coaches and the players made Pro Bowl selections.

Maybe fans vote for familiar names more than anything else.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
This is actually a disappointing year for Donald, he wont be getting DPOY, but played well enough to get a pro bowl start.

Ellard80

Legend
Always happy when rams players get in.. but Ramsey? lol yeah pro bowl is more about name recognition than anything else.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
This is actually a disappointing year for Donald, he wont be getting DPOY, but played well enough to get a pro bowl start.

Disagree completely. To have 11 sacks when he's actually been triple and quadruple teamed is INSANE.

Said it before and will say it again.

LT, Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Merlin Olsen, Deacon Jones nor any other DL great had to face this much focus and teams game planned around them.

NO ONE has had as many bodies put against them as AD has. And he still changes games.

Dude is the defensive GOAT and it's not close.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
They should stop the fan vote altogether. The 'honour' of being voted to the pro bowl has been almost completely eradicated.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
11 plus sacks for a DT is impressive. But beyond that, his QB pressures are insane. Saw the numbers somewhere last week and suffice to say no one is even in the same zip code. He's still in a league of his own. He's also tied for the lead in TFL. Last year just happened to be a year for the history books. Don't think he needs to replicate that to deserve DPOY.

Last edited:

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron Donald gets double and triple teamed every game and people are questioning why his sack numbers are down. Really? DPOY every year.