Aaron Donald Impressing Coaches During OTAs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
OMG! THAT is the type of post I couldn't stand to read. That guy just bashes almost every Ram. I hate it. He probably never played a down of football in his life. I'll bet he's typing that in his underwear, eating Cheetos in his mother's basement. The worst guy on our roster is 1000 times the athlete of this guy. Whatever...

jap

Legend
With the addition of Aaron Donald, this Rams DL is maybe a year or two away from possibly ascending to the heights achieved by the first DL to earn a nickname---The Fearsome Foursome. The key to the Rams DL is The Incredible Brock, just like the key to the Fearsome Foursome was Merlin Olson. If Brockers is disruptive enough to consistently draw 2-3 blockers virtually every play, he will force 1-on-1 match ups with his line mates. The Mighty Quinn takes over the Deacon Jones role as the sack master supreme. That would make Chris Long = Lamar Lundy and Aaron Donald & Kendall Langford the Rosey Grier clones.

What OL is gonna handle Chris, Aaron, and The Mighty One 1-on-1 and win consistently or even once! Ya know somebody is gonna get through to the backfield. In fact, the new Rams DL ought to adapt the philosophy of the old Minnesota Purple People Eaters that went: "The best plan is for all of us to meet in the offensive backfield." :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I cannot wait to see the Hounds of Justice unleashed on Russell Wilson, Kaepernick and old man Palmer this year. Donald is coming and the hell that is the Rams defense is coming with him!
That name's taken, but I think you know that. ;)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The other part, in preseason, these guys will get after the QB in a vanilla approach...I need to temper my expectations, but Lord..In the right mix of events, the Rams could win the Division...This is a breakout year, imo.
(I would get killed in RamStalk for saying this!:ROFLMAO:)
Will they be vanilla this year with Williams ? I was thinking with all the new sets & formations The Rams will have to get more out of the preseason.I know in the past & With Fisher your 100% right,but I think Williams has the Raines .

I'm not sure,but that is what I would like to see.I think it is best best to be aggressive early.If you play to a guys strength then why show off his weakness ? Will see but it seemed like Walton's defense was pretty vanilla in the regular season.

In coach O's report the other day of OTA's he described the Austin reverse pitch play & Donald $ Long were waiting for him.
That play shows me Donald is getting first team reps,stays at home,& has no problem slipping the guard to get into the backfield.

The one never ice I heard about Donald though was his lack to pursue continue the play down field.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
His technique is insane for a rookie. He's like at the same level a Brockers type of guy is currently. He should be an instant impact player, maybe not be an All-Pro or anything, but he should be a solid player and great pass rusher starting Week 4-5 once he adjusts, maybe even earlier.
I think of Brockers, Donald, and Langford all being starters. That's 3 guys for 2 spots but with rotating and packages they are all going to play a lot of snaps.

Will they be vanilla this year with Williams ? I was thinking with all the new sets & formations The Rams will have to get more out of the preseason.I know in the past & With Fisher your 100% right,but I think Williams has the Raines .

I'm not sure,but that is what I would like to see.I think it is best best to be aggressive early.If you play to a guys strength then why show off his weakness ? Will see but it seemed like Walton's defense was pretty vanilla in the regular season.
I'm probably wrong, surprised?, but I think the vanilla game plan in the preseason has something to do with the player evaluating purposes.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sure your right....

Just to show how far The Rams have come.Look at Richardson & Cudjo being released & singed right away by other organizations.

I wonder if Sam vs Conrath end up playing out.Carrikker plays more of a DE though.Should be fun to watch.
How many D-lineman will the Rams keep.A lot of tough description for Fisher come September.