Aaron Donald. Game over

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RocknRam29

Live, Love, Laugh, & Learn
20220213_233906.jpg

oldnotdead

Legend
He will play at least 2022 because he would have to pay back millions of $$ on his contract. Also, if he retires then his entire $21.5M dead cap hits the books in 2022. It drops to $9M in dead cap in 2023. If he's going to do it before his contract is over that is when he will do it. When you look at the contract structure it looks like that is when it was assumed by both sides when the contract was signed as when he would probably retire.

That is why I see the Rams kicking the cap heavy contracts down the road a year. $9M is not a burdensome dead cap to carry. Then it would probably be in the form of a mutually agreed upon release so that the team can split it over 2 years if they want. I really think we will have Donald one more year. That is why they went all in this year to get this Super Bowl win for AD and Whit.

When AD retires he will stay retired. He's doing it to have the years with his kids while they are young.

jjab360

Legend
I'm terrified he retires, takes a year off and signs with the Steelers.

He's achieved everything on the field that he could've dreamed of as a child except for one thing: playing for the team he grew up watching.

I would understand and appreciate AD forever but will seriously hate his fucking face, the city of Pittsburgh, the state of Pennsylvania and I'll have enough anger left over to add some hate on the 49ers just because.
Even if he retires, he'd still have to be released before he can sign with another team