A very damn good interview with Aeneas Williams on E$PN 101

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I heard this on my way home from PT. I ended taking the long way home so I could finish listening.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't listened to this podcast/archive so I don't know if D'Marco's comments where in it. He said after the interview something to the effect, "Why is this guy coaching with this much knowledge?" Man to hear Aeneas talking about older guys just more familiar with things. Not that they are smarter but just more familiar.. That's how one can coach up. Don't come across as a "know it all" , just someone with experience. Gotta be able to relate to the younger cats.

jap

Legend
I would love to see Aeneas holding boot camps and extended workshops with our DB's, especially Jenks. Jenkins has so much natural ability, but if he learns to consistently and intelligently anticipate what opposing QB's & WR's are doing rather just playing silly guessing games, what a CB he would become! Aeneas used to go all out even in practice, anticipating & picking off errant passes and running them all the way to the endzone as though he was in a real game. The defensive coaches used to point out Aeneas to the younger DB's and say, "Watch that guy and try to do anything & everything he does."

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hearing Aeneas Talk about the importance of Film study, and teaching people how to study Film, reminded me of a story.
I once heard Ronnie Lott admit, when he was first starting out, That Jack 'Hacksaw' Reynolds taught him how to study Film! Just goes to show how having a Great teacher can make your career!!:D

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
One of the best football interviews I've ever heard but ruined by all the props he gave Brady and Billacheat. I LOVE A Williams but his Patriot love has me swimming in a sea of cognitive dissonance.

He could really help guys like Jenkins and Johnson, but more likely guys like Gaines and Joyner have the mentality to become like Aeneas and I really hope that happens,

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
920am had him on every monday (or tuesday if Rams played MNF) during the season. He would do a section with Frank at midday. It was must listen podcast for me. Some of his stories and evaluations were were increadible. Not sure if he is doing it during the offseason.