A St. Louis Rams Fan Guide to Hating the San Francisco 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
BY JAMAL COLLIER
<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1701700-a-st-louis-rams-fan-guide-to-hating-the-san-francisco-49ers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1701 ... isco-49ers</a>

hi-res-158275397_crop_north.jpg

Being the fan of an up-and-coming team like the St. Louis Rams is exhilarating and frustrating at the same time. In St. Louis’ case, fans have so many legitimate causes for optimism, but their team is still overlooked as a candidate to win its own division in 2013.

That’s because the San Francisco 49ers are fresh off a Super Bowl appearance. So, from a national perspective, the Rams go from a squad with a fair enough shot to win their division to a long shot.

At best.

The NFC West is so stacked that the Rams have effectively become Bobby Brady: the little brother…to the little brother. The Seattle Seahawks balled out in 2012 too, winning a road playoff game against Robert Griffin III’s Washington Redskins before getting edged against the Atlanta Falcons.

They also led the NFC in point differential at plus-167. San Francisco was second at plus-124. St. Louis was 13th at minus-49.

That sort of thing makes sense for a team entering its 10th season since its last winning record. The Rams have been a doormat for the last six seasons, notching seven wins twice and failing to reach four in the other four.

But they beat the 49ers last year. And you know who didn’t beat the Rams—even in their home stadium? The 49ers.

St. Louis went 4-1-1 in its division, losing only at Seattle, where the Seahawks were undefeated in 2012. That tie came from a Week 10 stalemate with the 49ers in San Francisco, a game the Rams should’ve won.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_3Zqlfis4M[/youtube]

Fans saw plenty of free football in St. Louis, too. If Greg Zuerlein didn’t connect on his 54-yard overtime field goal, we probably would have witnessed a 0-0-2 season series against the division rival. He hit it with 26 seconds to go before yet another tie would’ve resulted.

Just two short years ago, San Francisco was about to embark on a 13-3 season under Jim Harbaugh in his first campaign as head coach. Before that, it was mired in an eight-year drought of winning seasons.

Things can change quickly. For now, though, the 49ers are the top dog.

That is, of course, assuming Bobby was the last guy to win a Super Bowl.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Re: A St. Louis Rams Fan Guide to Hating the San Francisco 4

A guide to hating the Whiners? :shock:

DeaconJ

Rookie

Don neeed no steeenkin guide. Been a Rams fan in NorCal for 40+ YEARS!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

If u you need a guide are you a real fan
:sly:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

albefree69 said:
A guide to hating the Whiners? :shock:

Yeah - did this have anything to do with that title?

My guide? Being a Ram fan for 45 years.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

RamFan503 catching my main point:
Yeah - did this have anything to do with that title?

I'm impressed grasshopper! :yessir:

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith

DeaconJ said:

Yeah, no need guide for da Whiners. But I think I'm hating the Sea-Pukes more, if that's possible. Maybe it's cuz of my (and Stu's) experiences with their poop chute fan base. They're real pryx. Hate 'em like no other.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

kmramsfan said:
DeaconJ said:

Yeah, no need guide for da Whiners. But I think I'm hating the Sea-Pukes more, if that's possible. Maybe it's cuz of my (and Stu's) experiences with their poop chute fan base. They're real pryx. Hate 'em like no other.

Tell it Keith.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME

A guide!! What!!?? That's like writing an article called "A Man's guide to hating fat, smelly, fugly, acne infested, dingle berry possessin, cellulite assed women who can't cook!!!!".....it's called human nature....if u need a guide...well....ur officially a bandwagon fan.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

That's kind of a dumb title. It seems to suggest that we should be hating them out of feelings of jealousy or something. Or because they're a thorn in our side from time to time. I think the members here could write their own guide and it would be FAR MORE revealing than anything that article had to say.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory

Yeah, this 'guide' was just a 'why the Rams are overlooked right now' article. Nothing to see here, carry on.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick

CGI_Ram said:
BY JAMAL COLLIER

Just two short years ago, San Francisco was about to embark on a 13-3 season under Jim Harbaugh in his first campaign as head coach. Before that, it was mired in an eight-year drought of winning seasons.

You know I dont' root for people to do bad but with the 49ers I actually enjoy watching them suck. Those 8 years were bliss to me! lol

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

The Rammer said:
CGI_Ram said:
BY JAMAL COLLIER

You know I dont' root for people to do bad but with the 49ers I actually enjoy watching them suck. Those 8 years were bliss to me! lol
:plus1:

Watercop

UDFA

I think it's pretty cool that the Rams could be the "Bobby Brady" of the division. If I remember correctly Greg didn't do much after chasing after his "mother" in the Brady Bunch except getting his butt kicked in a celebrity boxing match. The second brother, Peter, eventually ended up on a reality TV show and marrying a bimbo model. Neither has done much "acting" since the show. Now Bobby, he hasn't been seen much, but maybe after seeing what the other two have been up to, it's been a good thing to be in the background and the future can only look up! Go Rams!!!

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

Watercop joining the fray:
I think it's pretty cool that the Rams could be the "Bobby Brady" of the division. If I remember correctly Greg didn't do much after chasing after his "mother" in the Brady Bunch except getting his butt kicked in a celebrity boxing match. The second brother, Peter, eventually ended up on a reality TV show and marrying a bimbo model. Neither has done much "acting" since the show. Now Bobby, he hasn't been seen much, but maybe after seeing what the other two have been up to, it's been a good thing to be in the background and the future can only look up! Go Rams!!!

Welcome to the ROD! :zomg: :ja: :dancin: :wewt: :clap: :cheers: