A Song that Revealed Something About a Lost Loved One

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I lost my Dad back in 2005 and I am sad to say that I shed no tears. I didn't hate him or anything, but we were never buddies, if you know what I mean. I missed him when he was gone, and it was bad news for my Mom when it happened because of how her life changed.

I came home to Portland,OR from Kansas, to visit Mom and Mom had some things she wanted to give me of his. Seeing Righteous Brothers soundtracks/cassettes shocked me somehow. I learned that singers like they were, were called "blue eyed soul" in the 60's. I knew he loved Elvis, but Elvis was never my thing. I heard "You've Lost that Loving Feeling" in Top Gun and loved it. It opened my mind to other blues/soul singers/Musicians like Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, and Robert Parker. I was shocked that my Dad really loved them back in the day. It opened my mind a little bit about the person that he was that I never saw when he was alive.

Did you discover something about a lost loved one that opened your eyes as to they were, aside from just being Mom or Dad?