A Sign Of Things To Come?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nate Washington expects OC Chris Palmer to install a more wide-open, "explosive" offense this season.

An "excited" Washington recalls the Jeff Fisher days, when the fullback was on the field every play. "Coach Palmer has been in the lab all offseason," Washington said. "He's been licking his chops to get back to us ... You can tell he has something different up his sleeve." With the addition of explosive slot receiver Kendall Wright to go with the emergence of Jared Cook and the return of Kenny Britt, the Titans will have one of the most entertaining young offenses in the NFL.

can we expect this for the rams?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think so. Not initially, anyway. Fisher has been stressing over and over that his objective is to protect the QB by running the ball, and we have some pretty young receivers too. Obviously I don't expect Bradford to sit on the shelf the whole game, but I just don't think we're gonna come out slinging it right away.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
I don't think so. Not initially, anyway. Fisher has been stressing over and over that his objective is to protect the QB by running the ball, and we have some pretty young receivers too. Obviously I don't expect Bradford to sit on the shelf the whole game, but I just don't think we're gonna come out slinging it right away.

i was actually talking about the highlighted section, where he said fisher had a fullback on the field for every play.

so i'm guessing Jackson will be a happy man this season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
kurtfaulk said:
i was actually talking about the highlighted section, where he said fisher had a fullback on the field for every play.

so i'm guessing Jackson will be a happy man this season.

Oh. lol. Yeah, that I can see.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do not know about you guys, but I really really love to see thae Rams offense running out of large sets. Blocking tight ends and fullbacks. Steven Jackson punishing the linebacking corps so much that they just hate to have to bring him down in the fourth quarter. Play action passes that keep them guessing. Do we have the offensive line to even dream about that?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well I'm glad you guys cleared that up cuz I was in a fog, even more than usual :boing:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Juice said:
I do not know about you guys, but I really really love to see thae Rams offense running out of large sets. Blocking tight ends and fullbacks. Steven Jackson punishing the linebacking corps so much that they just hate to have to bring him down in the fourth quarter. Play action passes that keep them guessing. Do we have the offensive line to even dream about that?
We're gonna find out soon enough. Obviously the most important aspect to any offensive line is continuity and health across the entire unit. Boudreau is a pretty well-regarded coach in this league, but if we experience anything like what happened last year, he'll be powerless too.