A shot from the office today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
As someone who moved away from a very warm climate (So Cal) to the NorthWet (Seattle) in 2005, I can give you a fair perspective.

My wife and I moved up here because we like the rain. Our first winter, we experienced 28 consecutive days of measurable rainfall. But that just makes the bright blue skies, when they appear, that much more enjoyable. In the summer, temps can reach the mid-80's. Just last weekend we almost hit 90. Most of the time, temps range from the low to high 70's. Rain is rare in July and early August.

Being raised in the suburbs of LA, we really didn't have a clear idea what real spring and autumn are like. I mean, when ALL the leaves on the trees began to turn over a 3-week period, we thought, "So that's how it's supposed to happen."

And when the trees and bushes sprouted color in waves from March to May, we said, "Oh. The flowers don't come from Lowe's and Home Depot."

Actually, we weren't that clueless. What did surprise us was the sun setting at 10:30pm in mid-June.

What we did, before fully deciding to move here, was to spend 4 touristy days up here in February, just to be sure we weren't getting in over our heads. Obviously, we didn't. In fact, we love it here, aside from Seahawk fans.
Sold.

Can't wait to hang out with you and Stu in a couple of years.
(that was a warning, not a promise).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
RamFan503 said:
Selassie I said:
Never get me out of FLA ... except for the Bahamas.

Heading there Saturday morning in fact.
One of my twins has a Go Pro camera , so I should have some cool underwater video when we get back.

I HATE cold weather and seasons.

I want one of those Go Pros. Let me know how well it works wouldya?

That thing is cool as shit. I'm sure my son will have some cool vids that he'll take next week. He's got a whole underwater set-up for this thing. Lots of gizmos that he added. It takes awesome underwater vids. I'll post a vid or 2 when we get back.

Please do post them - and SOLD. I'm getting me one. At some point here I have to get back into diving and I think it would be really cool to film hands free during a hunt or while fishing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Ram Quixote said:
As someone who moved away from a very warm climate (So Cal) to the NorthWet (Seattle) in 2005, I can give you a fair perspective.

My wife and I moved up here because we like the rain. Our first winter, we experienced 28 consecutive days of measurable rainfall. But that just makes the bright blue skies, when they appear, that much more enjoyable. In the summer, temps can reach the mid-80's. Just last weekend we almost hit 90. Most of the time, temps range from the low to high 70's. Rain is rare in July and early August.

Being raised in the suburbs of LA, we really didn't have a clear idea what real spring and autumn are like. I mean, when ALL the leaves on the trees began to turn over a 3-week period, we thought, "So that's how it's supposed to happen."

And when the trees and bushes sprouted color in waves from March to May, we said, "Oh. The flowers don't come from Lowe's and Home Depot."

Actually, we weren't that clueless. What did surprise us was the sun setting at 10:30pm in mid-June.

What we did, before fully deciding to move here, was to spend 4 touristy days up here in February, just to be sure we weren't getting in over our heads. Obviously, we didn't. In fact, we love it here, aside from Seahawk fans.
Sold.

Can't wait to hang out with you and Stu in a couple of years.
(that was a warning, not a promise).

That'll be cool. In no time we'll have you knowing what real beer is like. :sly:

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
After tossing around the idea of moving to the STL area, I think my family and I have decided to move back to Wa state. We still have a house about 35 min north of Seattle, and I miss the amazing scenery up there. X, it's a great place to live in my opinion. I'm ready to leave SoCal tomorrow, but I have to wait until next year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
GcBean said:
After tossing around the idea of moving to the STL area, I think my family and I have decided to move back to Wa state. We still have a house about 35 min north of Seattle, and I miss the amazing scenery up there. X, it's a great place to live in my opinion. I'm ready to leave SoCal tomorrow, but I have to wait until next year.
Sweet.

Once I get up there, we can all storm that shitty Seattle stadium for a Rams game. :twisted:

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
Sounds good, I'm sure Stu will be down to meet up. I see good times ahead!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
GcBean said:
Sweet.

Once I get up there, we can all storm that cruddy Seattle stadium for a Rams game. :twisted:
My workplace is ACROSS THE STREET from the stadium. I mean, when I look up the stairs from the basement where I work, I can see the entrance. My boss sells parking spaces from their parking lot. I already asked him about saving a space for my ROD buds. Fortunately, he's a Cowboy fan.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
GcBean said:
Sweet.

Once I get up there, we can all storm that shitty Seattle stadium for a Rams game. :twisted:

It's actually a pretty cool venue to watch a game in. But we can storm that shitty Shehawks stadium anyway. Even though we lost the last time we did it, we still had fun. Gc and several others were there. Seattle is a shitty place for tailgating though. They took away the areas we used to go. Maybe RQ knows where we could pull that off these days. There used to be a long strip where you could park RVs and cars and set up your party. Not sure if it just moved or if they are trying to discourage it.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Ram Quixote said:
X said:
GcBean said:
Sweet.

Once I get up there, we can all storm that cruddy Seattle stadium for a Rams game. :twisted:
My workplace is ACROSS THE STREET from the stadium. I mean, when I look up the stairs from the basement where I work, I can see the entrance. My boss sells parking spaces from their parking lot. I already asked him about saving a space for my ROD buds. Fortunately, he's a Cowboy fan.

I actually like the Seahawks venue. Century Link/Qwest Field is nice. They really have a home field advantage due to the crowd, which is always rocking. They didnt give me to much crap about being a Rams fan either.

I wanted to make this years game in Seattle but I have finals starting the next day halfway across the country.

BTW GC you tried Pecos Bills BBQ down the street? Have heard good things but the one time I tried to go I didnt realize it was a lunch only spot. :slap!: Havent really found any BBQ in the area Im that fond of.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
libertadrocks said:
Ram Quixote said:
X said:
GcBean said:
Sweet.

I actually like the Seahawks venue. Century Link/Qwest Field is nice. They really have a home field advantage due to the crowd, which is always rocking. They didnt give me to much crap about being a Rams fan either.

I wanted to make this years game in Seattle but I have finals starting the next day halfway across the country.

BTW GC you tried Pecos Bills BBQ down the street? Have heard good things but the one time I tried to go I didnt realize it was a lunch only spot. :slap!: Havent really found any BBQ in the area Im that fond of.

I haven't tried that BBQ place.... However, Stu (RamFan503) brought some of his delicious ribs up for a pregame meal a few years back. I'm sure with some bribing, beer, and a few dollars, he'll be willing to cook it up again. Stu, Give me some time... I'll be back up there eventually. Most likely by Xmas '13. We'll get a good group going to tailgate. Maybe by then we'll have a winning Rams team roughing up the stinkhawks.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
GcBean said:
I haven't tried that BBQ place.... However, Stu (RamFan503) brought some of his delicious ribs up for a pregame meal a few years back. I'm sure with some bribing, beer, and a few dollars, he'll be willing to cook it up again. Stu, Give me some time... I'll be back up there eventually. Most likely by Xmas '13. We'll get a good group going to tailgate. Maybe by then we'll have a winning Rams team roughing up the stinkhawks.

Won't take any of the bolded parts. If we can get a good contingent going, I will provide copious amounts of all. Hate to put it this way but I can write it off anyway. I had a blast when we did it before and I think we will be kicking some major Seachicken tail. Hell, I got a jacket and met a few new Rams buds the last time I did it. Good enough for me.

I can't do it this year as I will be in SoCal during the game but 2013 - IT'S ON!!!

I suppose it cracked me up that a few on the PD board accused me of trying to market my restaurant through my offer. Yeah... sounds like shrewd marketing. I just want to have fun and make sure other Ram fans do as well. Let's do this thing.

bluecoconuts

Legend
RamFan503 said:
GcBean said:

Won't take any of the bolded parts. If we can get a good contingent going, I will provide copious amounts of all. Hate to put it this way but I can write it off anyway. I had a blast when we did it before and I think we will be kicking some major Seachicken tail. Hell, I got a jacket and met a few new Rams buds the last time I did it. Good enough for me.

I can't do it this year as I will be in SoCal during the game but 2013 - IT'S ON!!!

I suppose it cracked me up that a few on the PD board accused me of trying to market my restaurant through my offer. Yeah... sounds like shrewd marketing. I just want to have fun and make sure other Ram fans do as well. Let's do this thing.

Even if you were who gives a shit? It's free food. If I try free food and it's awesome I have no problems paying for it to eat it again. If I don't like it then no big deal, it was free.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
RamFan503 said:
GcBean said:

Even if you were who gives a shit? It's free food. If I try free food and it's awesome I have no problems paying for it to eat it again. If I don't like it then no big deal, it was free.
Well. I, for one, am horrified.

CLEARLY it was a marketing ploy to get the loyal patronage of the tens of people who visit the PD and who are within 200 miles of your restaurant. Have you no shame, man? And by giving away copious amounts of free beer and BBQ? Who ARE you even? Joseph Stalin?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Well. I, for one, am horrified.

CLEARLY it was a marketing ploy to get the loyal patronage of the tens of people who visit the PD and who are within 200 miles of your restaurant. Have you no shame, man? And by giving away copious amounts of free beer and BBQ? Who ARE you even? Joseph Stalin?

Almost exactly what I said. But yeah, it was pretty shameless. Y'know... driving 5 hours just to market my food and beer to 6 Ram fans. Cuz THAT's how I spend my marketing dollars. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamFan503 said:
X said:
GcBean said:
Sweet.

It's actually a pretty cool venue to watch a game in. But we can storm that cruddy Shehawks stadium anyway. Even though we lost the last time we did it, we still had fun. Gc and several others were there. Seattle is a cruddy place for tailgating though. They took away the areas we used to go. Maybe RQ knows where we could pull that off these days. There used to be a long strip where you could park RVs and cars and set up your party. Not sure if it just moved or if they are trying to discourage it.
My boss explained the tailgating situation, too. There's this massive construction going on to build a commuter tunnel, and that strip is gone because of that. A lot of people used to tailgate there; it was perfect for size and convenience.

Meanwhile, the city is indifferent to the fan experience outside the stadium. The street that runs between my workplace (and several others) is a warzone of vendors and company owners vying for parking space for employees. At least a half-dozen hot dog and sausage vendors line the street during Mariner and Sounder games (and I'm warned it's worse during football). The street itself needs an overhaul, being rife with old paving efforts (brick and asphalt), pot holes and unmarked parking spaces. The stadium side is clean, but the other side, where my company sits, is a pit.

Down at the end of the street sits Safeco Field, where it's a model of clean access and parking (for the most part).

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Kinda funny, my wife and I just left Florida for our honeymoon. Really like it, I've been a couple times before. She says she could see us moving there as we enter the adult phase of our lives and she looks for work abroad. I wouldn't mind it, but I think I'd prefer Oregon, or something on the West coast. People seem nicer, and I am a fan of four seasons having lived that way my whole life in North Dakota.
I would love to have access to 10lb bass fishing though, plus I hear there's peacock bass now?!
Alright East/West contingents, debate it for me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Warner4Prez said:
Kinda funny, my wife and I just left Florida for our honeymoon. Really like it, I've been a couple times before. She says she could see us moving there as we enter the adult phase of our lives and she looks for work abroad. I wouldn't mind it, but I think I'd prefer Oregon, or something on the West coast. People seem nicer, and I am a fan of four seasons having lived that way my whole life in North Dakota.
I would love to have access to 10lb bass fishing though, plus I hear there's peacock bass now?!
Alright East/West contingents, debate it for me.
What a unique idea. :sly:

Seriously though, Florida's alright to visit. In fact, it kicks ass to visit. But after 40 years, I'm tired of it. The bass are delicious and huge. I have a small boat with a little outboard for navigating all the canals in stealth mode. There's nothing like hooking a largemouth as far as I'm concerned.

But I'll get over it.

Every State I visit during the fall/winter months is awesome. I do the 'reverse migration' thing and actually LEAVE Florida during those months. Been to Pennsylvania, Vermont, Maine, Connecticut, New Yawk, etc. I just haven't been on the other coast yet. When I do end up there, I think it'll be like coming home.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Warner4Prez said:
Alright East/West contingents, debate it for me

One word... Steelhead. Bass can blow me. Hook into a 7 - 15 lb steelhead and you will forget all about bass. Oh, did I mention the 50lb Chinook? Or maybe running out to the bay and drop some crab pots then heading up river to troll for Chinook and Silvers. Oregon baby.