A shot from the office today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
42577b7e-d275-3225.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ni-ice.

:cheese:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nother one

42577b7e-d33b-48e3.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Florida, huh? Nothing like it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It has its moments; but after 40 years, I'm ready for a change. Something with mountains and sub 90 degree weather. Maybe a State that recognizes the season Autumn.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Memento

Name
Jemma
X said:
It has its moments; but after 40 years, I'm ready for a change. Something with mountains and sub 90 degree weather. Maybe a State that recognizes the season Autumn.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Hmm...Canada, maybe?

:razzed:

Nah, in all seriousness, good luck with whichever state you find.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I should clarify that my office isn't on the waterfront.
I travel to a bunch of different buildings to perform inspections, but you probably already knew that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Colorado? My dad wants to move there.

I need a big city. LA or NY are my two places of choice.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Never get me out of FLA ... except for the Bahamas.

Heading there Saturday morning in fact.
One of my twins has a Go Pro camera , so I should have some cool underwater video when we get back.

I HATE cold weather and seasons.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:

One of my twins has a Go Pro camera , so I should have some cool underwater video when we get back.

Yeah, I pegged you for a peninsula guy. I wouldn't expect you to jet.

I wasn't born here, but I've lived here nearly my entire life.
And I really enjoy cold weather, so I'm kinda displaced here.

Looking at Washington or Oregon. That way I'll still have the beach if I get homesick. :mrgreen:

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'm a Missourian through and through. Can't imagine living anywhere else.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I was born here,,, had to move around a bunch being an Army Brat though.

Except for my 8 years in Hawaii , I was always able to spend my summers back here in FL with the Grandparents. Always knew I would permanently call FL home once I flew the nest.

My parents , brother , and sister all live out of State now. They claim they enjoy the seasons and cold. Bunch of freaks as far as I'm concerned.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
Selassie I said:

Looking at Washington or Oregon. That way I'll still have the beach if I get homesick. :mrgreen:

The beach in the PacNW is a bit of a different breed. lol. You need one of those wet suits with a built in heater to "enjoy" the water.

Seattle wouldnt be a bad place to live tho. The city offers a lot of culture. It has a pretty steady cool climate. Only real downside is the constant rain. If you ever want hot and dry weather, for boating or what not, you can just drive to the other side of the state.

Im actually looking at UW for grad school.

PDX is a pretty cool town too.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
libertadrocks said:
X said:
Selassie I said:

The beach in the PacNW is a bit of a different breed. lol. You need one of those wet suits with a built in heater to "enjoy" the water.

Seattle wouldnt be a bad place to live tho. The city offers a lot of culture. It has a pretty steady cool climate. Only real downside is the constant rain. If you ever want hot and dry weather, for boating or what not, you can just drive to the other side of the state.

Well that and the freakin Seahawks.

X's recreational life must be sooo hard.

Best place 2 live IMO w/o any research...hmm. I like Houston a lot. Or possibly Denver.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:

I want one of those Go Pros. Let me know how well it works wouldya?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Lived in California for 26 years and Oregon for 23. I love living in the NW. I like visiting a lot of areas in CA but would rather live here up north. And Libertad is right about the "beaches" here in the NW. We more refer to it as the coast rather than the beach. I always felt the beach was reserved for shorts and bikinis - not sweatshirts and pants.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
libertadrocks said:
X said:
Selassie I said:

I kinda dig the rain. Really, all the things I like are the exact opposite of what can be found here.
You know, except for the scantily clad women thing.

superfan24

Starter
Can't imagine leaving the Midwest even though I absolutely hate the winter for the most part.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
RamFan503 said:
Selassie I said:

I want one of those Go Pros. Let me know how well it works wouldya?

That thing is cool as shit. I'm sure my son will have some cool vids that he'll take next week. He's got a whole underwater set-up for this thing. Lots of gizmos that he added. It takes awesome underwater vids. I'll post a vid or 2 when we get back.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
libertadrocks said:
X said:
Selassie I said:

I kinda dig the rain. Really, all the things I like are the exact opposite of what can be found here.
You know, except for the scantily clad women thing.
As someone who moved away from a very warm climate (So Cal) to the NorthWet (Seattle) in 2005, I can give you a fair perspective.

My wife and I moved up here because we like the rain. Our first winter, we experienced 28 consecutive days of measurable rainfall. But that just makes the bright blue skies, when they appear, that much more enjoyable. In the summer, temps can reach the mid-80's. Just last weekend we almost hit 90. Most of the time, temps range from the low to high 70's. Rain is rare in July and early August.

Being raised in the suburbs of LA, we really didn't have a clear idea what real spring and autumn are like. I mean, when ALL the leaves on the trees began to turn over a 3-week period, we thought, "So that's how it's supposed to happen."

And when the trees and bushes sprouted color in waves from March to May, we said, "Oh. The flowers don't come from Lowe's and Home Depot."

Actually, we weren't that clueless. What did surprise us was the sun setting at 10:30pm in mid-June.

What we did, before fully deciding to move here, was to spend 4 touristy days up here in February, just to be sure we weren't getting in over our heads. Obviously, we didn't. In fact, we love it here, aside from Seahawk fans.