A Post-Draft Position-By-Position Breakdown of the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say maybe everyone in every defense in the NFL let a big gain happen at least once last season. Unless it was a pattern, and I don't think it was, an isolated incident isn't a concern. Even if it is against the whiners, it's hard to hold one big gain against him when he's so solid tackling people on his own. I honestly didn't watch him in coverage much, or didn't notice, but I sure as heck saw him down people by himself more often than not when he was given the chance.

Yah everyone lets up a bad play. I was responding to bonfay with his concern that Littleton had been moved to ILBer just this past year. I have concerns for whomever takes on one the ILBer spots now that Tree is gone. They have to cover RBs/TEs for a lot of area usually one on one in Wade's system. I went to see how much Littleton played last year and his snap count was 25%. Not a lot of experience for a new position.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2017-snap-counts.htm

I found this highlight video of the Whiners game which the Rams used a lot of second stringers including Littleton.

Right off the bat was the play where Littleton slipped and thus a big pass play gain. I forgot he slipped.

At :56 second mark he lets RB get to much space on a delay pass for a TD on the right side

At the 3:00 minute mark Littleton misses badly on an attempted tackle. It looks like the TE was his man.

We will who gets to play next to Barron. It could be a committee approach. Hope the best for Littleton or whomever gets the snaps. Both ILBer and OLber are the area with the least experience and right now the most concern.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36j_PxlzrNA