A look at the Rams remaining games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Penguin.

Rookie
I don't see us winning more than two of those games with how we have been playing lately.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
The past two games coulda been the biggest in Fisher's tenure as Rams coach. They responded in the same way they have every other game that coulda had meaning. I gotta say nothing's changed from the first year to the 4th year. They can't win important games in October and November. Which makes the December games meaningless. Unless playing spoiler is what we aspire for.

This^

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
11/22 @
upload_2015-11-18_15-55-10-png.11112
Ravens 12:00 PM - WIN

11/29@
-m-01y49__56x42.png
Bengals12:00 PM - WIN

12/6vs
-m-0ws7__56x42.png
Cardinals12:00 PM - WIN

12/13vs
-m-02c_4__56x42.png
Lions12:00 PM - WIN

12/17vs
-m-07l24__56x42.png
Buccaneers7:25 PM - WIN

12/27@
-m-070xg__56x42.png
Seahawks3:25 PM - WIN

1/3@
-m-06rny__56x42.png
49ers3:25 PM - WIN

Rams got this.

Wow, we share the same brain!! Is there anyway other way we can look at this??

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see us winning more than two of those games with how we have been playing lately.

You mean lately as in last week right?? I don't see how we can't win like 4-5 games of how we have been playing the whole year.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
The past two games coulda been the biggest in Fisher's tenure as Rams coach. They responded in the same way they have every other game that coulda had meaning. I gotta say nothing's changed from the first year to the 4th year. They can't win important games in October and November. Which makes the December games meaningless. Unless playing spoiler is what we aspire for.

It's not just coming up short in GAMES. We can even break it down to specific sequences and plays in those games. Instead of playing for the win in Minnesota , they dick around for 3 plays and kick a FG. Playing NOT TO LOSE instead of growing a pair and winning on the road. Weaksauce,

The Vikes then proceeded to kick to the Rams in OT and then made them their bitch.. on the way to the win. MUST HAVE plays at critical junctures and these guys shrivel up and fold.

You've got to bring nuts to take nuts. These guys, save a few players, are playing like chumps.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
The key is winning the division games. Rams lose too many tiebreakers in the wild card. But less variables in the div. race. Zona might be have a comfortable lead now, but Palmer is taking more and more big hits every week. When he gets hit he breaks and when he breaks Zona is a very beatable team and the Rams play best inside the division.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
11/22 @ View attachment 11112Ravens 12:00 PM Win

11/29@
-m-01y49__56x42.png
Bengals12:00 PM Loss

12/6vs
-m-0ws7__56x42.png
Cardinals12:00 PM Loss

12/13vs
-m-02c_4__56x42.png
Lions12:00 PM Win

12/17vs
-m-07l24__56x42.png
Buccaneers7:25 PM Loss

12/27@
-m-070xg__56x42.png
Seahawks3:25 PM Loss

1/3@
-m-06rny__56x42.png
49ers3:25 PM Win

3-4, for a 7-9 finish, what I predicted at the start of the year, and I'm sticking with it.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
If today was Monday or Tuesday, then I'd be saying there's no way the Rams team we saw against the Bears could end up over .500.

But its Thursday and Sunday's game doesn't hurt quite as much anymore so I'm going to say that the defensive performance against the Bears was merely a blip. I'll also say that Keenum doesn't need to come in and be a world beater, he just needs to be more decisive than Foles was.

Get the ball out quick and make the opposition respect the pass. It'll make such a difference to the running game (and therefore open up the play action pass even more), the o line will find life a little easier in pass protection plus the defence will be able to rest more and not have to shoulder the whole burden. I can't wait for Sunday now.

Big Willie

Starter
If the first half of the season taught us anything, it should have showed us that anything is possible whether it be good, bad, and often ugly. I don't know how the future of this team will play out on the field....but anything is possible....including the playoffs!

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If the first half of the season taught us anything, it should have showed us that anything is possible whether it be good, bad, and often ugly. I don't know how the future of this team will play out on the field....but anything is possible....including the playoffs!

Yeah, anything is possible. But all we have is the team's history under Fisher. When its an important game they can't even win when the opponent is beatable. Up to now nothing has changed. We're looking at another December full of meaningless games. We've been waiting to turn the corner for years and so far nothing.

Big Willie

Starter
Yeah, anything is possible. But all we have is the team's history under Fisher. When its an important game they can't even win when the opponent is beatable. Up to now nothing has changed. We're looking at another December full of meaningless games. We've been waiting to turn the corner for years and so far nothing.
True, but that doesn't mean it's not possible this year. All I am saying is that we should keep an open mind and wish for the best. Why not us?

tragic891

UDFA
It's not just coming up short in GAMES. We can even break it down to specific sequences and plays in those games. Instead of playing for the win in Minnesota , they dick around for 3 plays and kick a FG. Playing NOT TO LOSE instead of growing a pair and winning on the road. Weaksauce,

The Vikes then proceeded to kick to the Rams in OT and then made them their bitch.. on the way to the win. MUST HAVE plays at critical junctures and these guys shrivel up and fold.

You've got to bring nuts to take nuts. These guys, save a few players, are playing like chumps.

Exactly.. that is the Rams problem..they play not to Lose instead of playing to Win.
Vikings game was a PERFECT/BEST example of that...

Penguin.

Rookie
You mean lately as in last week right?? I don't see how we can't win like 4-5 games of how we have been playing the whole year.

I mean lately as I intended to. Gurley is not going to run for 150+ and two touchdowns a game. Any offensive production from any other teammate besides Tavon seems like it is too much to ask for. Our offensive line's pass protection is so bad I cannot put it into words. Our defense is outstanding and aggressive, but as of late they have been giving up alot of big plays. We may score 7, 10, maybe even 17 points? I have a feeling the Ravens will put up no less than 24 on us with alot of screens.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
but anything is possible

Yes, including taking a bad beating at the hands of the Bears at home.

Here's why my outlook is more negative right now:
We have a known problem - the offense

What we don't know is how to fix it.

1] Is it the Oline?
2] Is it the QB?
3] Is it the play calling?
4] Is it the WRs and TEs?
5] Is it all of the above?

This week, we roll the dice on #2... but any of the other 4 (or combinations) might be the true culprit.

Kinda like a plumbing problem... you start at one end of the leak and work yourself down the line until you find the real problem.
Unfortunately, that takes time... something the Rams are running out of in 2015.

Because of that, it's impossible for me to have any real idea on how this team will perform from here on out.

Full circle: "anything's possible".

Big Willie

Starter
Yes, including taking a bad beating at the hands of the Bears at home.

Here's why my outlook is more negative right now:
We have a known problem - the offense

What we don't know is how to fix it.

1] Is it the Oline?
2] Is it the QB?
3] Is it the play calling?
4] Is it the WRs and TEs?
5] Is it all of the above?

This week, we roll the dice on #2... but any of the other 4 (or combinations) might be the true culprit.

Kinda like a plumbing problem... you start at one end of the leak and work yourself down the line until you find the real problem.
Unfortunately, that takes time... something the Rams are running out of in 2015.

Because of that, it's impossible for me to have any real idea on how this team will perform from here on out.

Full circle: "anything's possible".
I prefer to view my Ram's glass as half full.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Testing proper photo orientation.

BriansRams1.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
http://fansided.com/2015/11/20/nfl-five-teams-prepped-late-season-collapse/4/

NFL: Five teams prepped for a late season collapse
by Luke Dahlgren

St. Louis Rams (4-5)
After months of speculation and prognostication, the winner of the Sam Bradford-Nick Foles trade appears to be any team that has the good fortune of playing either of them. At least Bradford has the excuse of his receivers seemingly having heads of cabbage for hands. Nick Foles has been just plain awful.

Foles has missed his open throws constantly throughout 2015, and when those open throws aren’t there, he has failed in making the proper route progressions. Too often, Foles will stare down his primary receiver and either force the ball in or dump it off to a running back for a short gain. This has limited the capabilities of the Rams offense and has forced the team to become more reliant on rookie running back Todd Gurley.

The big issue with Foles in the past has been his inability to handle pressure in the pocket. This was demonstrated most clearly in Philadelphia, when in his breakout year he enjoyed an almost entirely clear pocket (119.2 QBR, 0.6% INT rate ), then in his second regressed heavily following injuries and instability on that line (81.4 QBR, 3.2% INT rate). In St. Louis, where offensive line instability is the legacy of a generation, Foles has had “happy feet” in the pocket and hasn’t found any comfort going through his reads.

The news after the Rams’ tough loss to the Bears then came as no surprise.

From NFL.com:

Rams coach Jeff Fisher announced that Case Keenum will start at quarterback for the Rams at Baltimore this week. Foles has been removed as a starter after two straight losses by the 4-5 Rams.

There is one area that the Rams are golden: they have the best defensive line in the NFL. The quartet of Chris Long, Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers and Robert Quinn is the best at rapidly collapsing the pocket both outside and in, and the line has the athleticism to clean up running plays before they reach the second level.

Beyond that and the brief but highly promising emergence of Gurley, the Rams don’t look equipped to compete in the NFC West at all. St. Louis has tough games against divisional opponents Arizona and Seattle, as well as a trip to face the 8-1 Cincinnati Bengals in southern Ohio. Either 4-3 or 3-4 could be in store for the Rams, and 8-8 probably won’t make it for a wildcard spot in the NFC.