A look at how Sam has disperced his 45 td's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
From TST
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/5/25/4365404/st-louis-rams-qb-sam-bradford-red-zone-success" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/5/25/ ... ne-success</a>

lgt35dd.png

lgt3ddbp.png

Bradford has thrown 45 TD’s since being drafted in 2010. His best season-long performance came last season,when he threw for scores on 21 of his passes - 18 of the remaining 24 [TD’s] were thrown during his rookie campaign. The intriguing thing about his 45 scores isn't where they rank among other NFL QB’s or who they were thrown to. It’s in how deep the Rams needed to move into their opponents side of the field in order to strike.

I however put most of this on inconsistency of the oline and wr corps

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shows just how desperately we needed speed and big play ability after Spags's tenure.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I'd really be interested to see how these figures compare with other top 10 QB as well as QB's on top 10 teams.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
Shows just how desperately we needed speed and big play ability after Spags's tenure.
Get a haircut. :neh:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wow... that's amazing. Prior to last year, we had zero ability to strike from a distance.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Awesome graph. Year over year redzone passing improvement from 11 to 12 you can see how Bradford is developing more of a comfort level when the heat is on. Cook and the development of Quick should make a difference there as well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Whatever it takes to get back to this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXKcFhMscb8[/youtube]

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Rabid Ram said:
From TST
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/5/25/4365404/st-louis-rams-qb-sam-bradford-red-zone-success" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/5/25/ ... ne-success</a>

lgt35dd.png

lgt3ddbp.png

Bradford has thrown 45 TD’s since being drafted in 2010. His best season-long performance came last season,when he threw for scores on 21 of his passes - 18 of the remaining 24 [TD’s] were thrown during his rookie campaign. The intriguing thing about his 45 scores isn't where they rank among other NFL QB’s or who they were thrown to. It’s in how deep the Rams needed to move into their opponents side of the field in order to strike.

I however put most of this on inconsistency of the oline and wr corps

Feckin horrible that you can throw that many passes from your own 21 to the 50 and not hit one score. That's 438 passes! That might be worth researching because I wonder if anything like that has ever been done before. That might be record futility.

Well it looks like that's behind us now so there is that.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:

That kinda stuff never gets old.

Pretty much every time I see highlights from those days two things come to mind. First is if that team was playing today with the rules for the passing game being what they are they would hang 50 on everyone and would probably have scored 70 a few times.

The other thing is just how unusually special Warner really was as a QB. Accuracy is one thing but he had sheer crazy precision.

And that clip has a soundtrack you don't have to turn off.......it was rollicking.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
X said:

Pretty much every time I see highlights from those days two things come to mind. First is if that team was playing today with the rules for the passing game being what they are they would hang 50 on everyone and would probably have scored 70 a few times.

The other thing is just how unusually special Warner really was as a QB. Accuracy is one thing but he had sheer crazy precision.

And that clip has a soundtrack you don't have to turn off.......it was rollicking.
Yeah, man. We really took that era for granted, I think.
Some GREAT plays in that video. 3:55 and 5:06 in particular.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A case can be made that 3:55 is the signature play for the GSOE.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
LesBaker said:

That would be my pick too.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah it really represented the ability to vaporize defenses. I think its the pick unless someone has a better one. Might be fun to discuss this topic! The only thing that would have made it better is if they had raised their hands and waved goodbye as they streaked into the EZ. That would have been epic.

That said.....the Proehl catch is the most important play in the teams history. Without it there is no Warner to Bruce for the win in the SB. Not to mention it was an otherwordly throw from Warner. From that distance to fit it in there like that was eye popping. When you see it from the different angles you can only saw "wow".

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
LesBaker said:

That game was ridiculous, but no doubt a harbinger of things to come for that '00 defense. :shock:

For my money, I'll take Faulk's TD reception in the second quarter against the Falcons in '99. That, or for irony's sake Ricky freaking Proehl against the Bucs.

PhxRam

LesBaker said:

One play that Martz had that found its way into every coordinators playbook. Flip 90.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
PhxRam said:
LesBaker said:

One play that Martz had that found its way into every coordinators playbook. Flip 90.

For every Flip 90 there was a goal line shovel pass. :hehe:

nighttrain

Legend
LesBaker said:
X said:

Laughed watching Holt and Az chatting as they matched strides into the Endzone.

Speed then and Speed now=success
train

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LesBaker said:

Yeah - his accuracy was especially amazing with how he rarely threw a true spiral. One of the things the video didn't really show was how he delivered under some pretty extreme pressure.

I wish I could find the clip (hint hint Paulie :bign: ) but I will always remember the TD throw he had where he is wrapped up and he has to take the ball out of his right hand so he can throw the TD pass with his left. THAT was Kurt Warner.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
LesBaker said:
Yeah it really represented the ability to vaporize defenses. I think its the pick unless someone has a better one. Might be fun to discuss this topic! The only thing that would have made it better is if they had raised their hands and waved goodbye as they streaked into the EZ. That would have been epic.

That said.....the Proehl catch is the most important play in the teams history. Without it there is no Warner to Bruce for the win in the SB. Not to mention it was an otherwordly throw from Warner. From that distance to fit it in there like that was eye popping. When you see it from the different angles you can only saw "wow".
That would be another good thread topic - "Most Important Play in Team History", as I would think that one could argue that Mike Jones making THE TACKLE could be the most important play.... although, I agree with you that Proehl's catch is possibly the most important one. It's certainly something worthy of debate.