A little tidbit that I got, fwiw...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
thats more stating a fact, not trivia...just saying.

actually it's trivia because it's a fact of little importance.

also, how the fuck would wingo know what fisher and snead are thinking? these media people blow me away, they don't know shit.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yeah, Wingo was a STL boy a while back. He used to have a nice schtick with the weather man on NBC and had some pretty funny commercials in the 90s with him but it ended really tragically when the weather dude committed suicide by crashing his plane. More trivia, I guess.

Interesting share man, I would have thought if there was a split it would be Snead for Wentz and Fisher for Goff. Snead has always seemed to profess and go after the guy with the more upside. I guess one can argue that Goff would have a shorter learning curve to play and that could endear him to Fisher...

Which begs the question: Who has the shorter learning curve? The guy who's seen more complicated defensive concepts and played more games (Goff) but hasn't learned the intricacies of an NFL (under center, line protections, audibles) offense or the guy who's learned a similar offense to the NFL but has seen only substandard defensive talent against him and most likely simple defensive coverages...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
actually it's trivia because it's a fact of little importance.

also, how the freak would wingo know what fisher and snead are thinking? these media people blow me away, they don't know crap.

curious-businessman-listens-with-glass-leaning-against-the-wall.jpg

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
I just can't bring myself to believe that you make that kind of trade and don't know who your guy is. They knew who they would take right after the season was over. Who was the "consensus" guy back then? What someone did on some tests is not going to change their minds. Individual workouts, maybe. But this is just Snisher being Snisher.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
By no means am I saying that these 2 QBs are perfect comparisons... many differences..

In several ways Goff reminds me of a taller, much more talented Keenum and Wentz is a more talented Foles with much better athletecism.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
By no means am I saying that these 2 QBs are perfect comparisons... many differences..

In several ways Goff reminds me of a taller, much more talented Keenum and Wentz is a more talented Foles with much better athletecism.
Watch Drew Brees. Then watch Goff.
To me it's uncanny.

Wentz is no slouch. Just a bit unknown to me. I love what I see. I just would like to see it under the same situations that Goff has faced.
Goffs pocket presence is excellent. His footwork is incredible. His vision and anticipation is what every qb wishes they had.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hey guys,

For those that don't know I am a resident in cheatriot nation. My buddy works for ESPN Boston and sits in the stadium for work everyday. He knows I'm an avid Rams fan so he likes to take shots here and there because it's gets me going lol. Any who, when his company has events for ESPN I like to go and just enjoy the experience and meet folks in the NFL world.

Today, I attended the Pats Draft Party where Trey Wingo hosted the event and was speaking alongside Mike Reiss, Trevor Matich, and Troy Brown. After they did their whole hoopla of who they thought the Pats would be targeting they did raffles and other activities to get the crowd involved. Pretty cool, interactive stuff.

When I was leaving I wanted to say hi to Trey and ask him his thoughts on the whole number one pick thing. He was very cool, and even mentioned he liked my Express shirt lol. He told me straight up, Fisher and Snead have not YET agreed collectively on a qb. He wouldn't elaborate, but basically he said one guy favors one qb and the other favors the other qb option. My guess, and its pretty obvious, but I think Fish likes Wentz and Snead likes Goff. Interesting stuff...

I then approached Trevor, gave him a quick pound, and asked him his thoughts. He told me, for his money, he would take Goff. Now he didn't tell me of he's heard any rumors or anything, but he said when you trade that kind of capital up to number one a guy like Goff, who according to him, has amazing feet, quick release, and amazing anticipation with his wideouts, has to be the pick. He said Goff spends a lot of hours with his teammates to the point where he knows exactly when to pass the ball, and again, rely on prep work for the anticipation factor. I couldn't believe how adamant he was for Goff but he said that would be the guy "times ten."

So there you have it. Sorry mods, hope it's cool having another thread on this topic. As all my recent posts have suggested, I am 100% Wentz, but seems to be a lot closer than people think. Most media is saying Wentz, but Goff is not out of the running in this thing.

We'll find out soon enough! I just hope we make the right selection.:rockon::popcorn::cheers:

Cheers,
Bryan

Cool info, thanks.

So he works for ESPN Boston, which covers new england sports, but his physical location is within Gillette stadium.

Lol I see what ya did there with the Trev quote btw. Ha! :jerkoff::effemine:

Well IT worked for the Post but had an office in Rams Park where he sat with other press people. Each team has an office where press can do their work instead of running back to the office, especially for beat reporters. ESPN has Wagoner on staff to cover the Rams for instance.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Hey guys,

For those that don't know I am a resident in cheatriot nation. My buddy works for ESPN Boston and sits in the stadium for work everyday. He knows I'm an avid Rams fan so he likes to take shots here and there because it's gets me going lol. Any who, when his company has events for ESPN I like to go and just enjoy the experience and meet folks in the NFL world.

Today, I attended the Pats Draft Party where Trey Wingo hosted the event and was speaking alongside Mike Reiss, Trevor Matich, and Troy Brown. After they did their whole hoopla of who they thought the Pats would be targeting they did raffles and other activities to get the crowd involved. Pretty cool, interactive stuff.

When I was leaving I wanted to say hi to Trey and ask him his thoughts on the whole number one pick thing. He was very cool, and even mentioned he liked my Express shirt lol. He told me straight up, Fisher and Snead have not YET agreed collectively on a qb. He wouldn't elaborate, but basically he said one guy favors one qb and the other favors the other qb option. My guess, and its pretty obvious, but I think Fish likes Wentz and Snead likes Goff. Interesting stuff...

I then approached Trevor, gave him a quick pound, and asked him his thoughts. He told me, for his money, he would take Goff. Now he didn't tell me of he's heard any rumors or anything, but he said when you trade that kind of capital up to number one a guy like Goff, who according to him, has amazing feet, quick release, and amazing anticipation with his wideouts, has to be the pick. He said Goff spends a lot of hours with his teammates to the point where he knows exactly when to pass the ball, and again, rely on prep work for the anticipation factor. I couldn't believe how adamant he was for Goff but he said that would be the guy "times ten."

So there you have it. Sorry mods, hope it's cool having another thread on this topic. As all my recent posts have suggested, I am 100% Wentz, but seems to be a lot closer than people think. Most media is saying Wentz, but Goff is not out of the running in this thing.

We'll find out soon enough! I just hope we make the right selection.:rockon::popcorn::cheers:

Cheers,
Bryan

Awesome experience Bryan! You'll have to keep us up to date with any tidbits you hear over the next week or two. You could be RODs very own insider. (y)

BTW- did you happen to meet Sportcenter host David Lloyd? Good guy. Back in the day-early '90s- he was a Sacramento weekend sports guy, and part of our little band of early Fantasy Football players.

I still remember one time Dave going up against my brother and my FFL team. We had Jerry Rice going up against his team and he had to show the long Rice TD on the local Fox affiliate Sunday night that beat his FF team. :ROFLMAO: Good times.

:cheers:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Cool story man. If you have access to Gillette, you should find a way to drop a steaming deuce in Belicheats office.....

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cool story man. If you have access to Gillette, you should find a way to drop a steaming deuce in Belicheats office.....

Could be risky. There would be video cameras there taping your every move.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I agree with your sentiments boys about Fish and Snead being on same page, but any new info, whether or not it's true, is always fun to get, esp. from someone like Trey.
When I found ROD, and found out how much knowledge and wisdom was imparted here Dailey, I don't watch ESPN that much anymore!!:rimshot::D

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Awesome experience Bryan! You'll have to keep us up to date with any tidbits you hear over the next week or two. You could be RODs very own insider. (y)

BTW- did you happen to meet Sportcenter host David Lloyd? Good guy. Back in the day-early '90s- he was a Sacramento weekend sports guy, and part of our little band of early Fantasy Football players.

I still remember one time Dave going up against my brother and my FFL team. We had Jerry Rice going up against his team and he had to show the long Rice TD on the local Fox affiliate Sunday night that beat his FF team. :ROFLMAO: Good times.

:cheers:
Thank you for the kind words.

No he was not a participant at this event, but I love the personal stories man, good stuff!

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler

Lmaooo nicee..

I have actually walked by his and Kraft's office, and stood in the draft war room. My buddy gets a lot of access and I reap the opportunities... Should've done what you suggested lol

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hey guys,

Cheers,
Bryan

I hope you went home and immediately got the smell off yourself in the shower... hell, what am I saying... you probably needed a pressure washer to get that stank off yourself.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I hope you went home and immediately got the smell off yourself in the shower... hell, what am I saying... you probably needed a pressure washer to get that stank off yourself.

Lmaoooo good one, brotha!