A little tidbit that I got, fwiw...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Hey guys,

For those that don't know I am a resident in cheatriot nation. My buddy works for ESPN Boston and sits in the stadium for work everyday. He knows I'm an avid Rams fan so he likes to take shots here and there because it's gets me going lol. Any who, when his company has events for ESPN I like to go and just enjoy the experience and meet folks in the NFL world.

Today, I attended the Pats Draft Party where Trey Wingo hosted the event and was speaking alongside Mike Reiss, Trevor Matich, and Troy Brown. After they did their whole hoopla of who they thought the Pats would be targeting they did raffles and other activities to get the crowd involved. Pretty cool, interactive stuff.

When I was leaving I wanted to say hi to Trey and ask him his thoughts on the whole number one pick thing. He was very cool, and even mentioned he liked my Express shirt lol. He told me straight up, Fisher and Snead have not YET agreed collectively on a qb. He wouldn't elaborate, but basically he said one guy favors one qb and the other favors the other qb option. My guess, and its pretty obvious, but I think Fish likes Wentz and Snead likes Goff. Interesting stuff...

I then approached Trevor, gave him a quick pound, and asked him his thoughts. He told me, for his money, he would take Goff. Now he didn't tell me of he's heard any rumors or anything, but he said when you trade that kind of capital up to number one a guy like Goff, who according to him, has amazing feet, quick release, and amazing anticipation with his wideouts, has to be the pick. He said Goff spends a lot of hours with his teammates to the point where he knows exactly when to pass the ball, and again, rely on prep work for the anticipation factor. I couldn't believe how adamant he was for Goff but he said that would be the guy "times ten."

So there you have it. Sorry mods, hope it's cool having another thread on this topic. As all my recent posts have suggested, I am 100% Wentz, but seems to be a lot closer than people think. Most media is saying Wentz, but Goff is not out of the running in this thing.

We'll find out soon enough! I just hope we make the right selection.:rockon::popcorn::cheers:

Cheers,
Bryan

WvuIN02

Starter
With all the misinformation, we wont know whats up till Fuhrer Goodell goes to the podium.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Hey guys,

For those that don't know I am a resident in cheatriot nation. My buddy works for ESPN Boston and sits in the stadium for work everyday. He knows I'm an avid Rams fan so he likes to take shots here and there because it's gets me going lol. Any who, when his company has events for ESPN I like to go and just enjoy the experience and meet folks in the NFL world.

Today, I attended the Pats Draft Party where Trey Wingo hosted the event and was speaking alongside Mike Reiss, Trevor Matich, and Troy Brown. After they did their whole hoopla of who they thought the Pats would be targeting they did raffles and other activities to get the crowd involved. Pretty cool, interactive stuff.

When I was leaving I wanted to say hi to Trey and ask him his thoughts on the whole number one pick thing. He was very cool, and even mentioned he liked my Express shirt lol. He told me straight up, Fisher and Snead have not YET agreed collectively on a qb. He wouldn't elaborate, but basically he said one guy favors one qb and the other favors the other qb option. My guess, and its pretty obvious, but I think Fish likes Wentz and Snead likes Goff. Interesting stuff...

I then approached Trevor, gave him a quick pound, and asked him his thoughts. He told me, for his money, he would take Goff. Now he didn't tell me of he's heard any rumors or anything, but he said when you trade that kind of capital up to number one a guy like Goff, who according to him, has amazing feet, quick release, and amazing anticipation with his wideouts, has to be the pick. He said Goff spends a lot of hours with his teammates to the point where he knows exactly when to pass the ball, and again, rely on prep work for the anticipation factor. I couldn't believe how adamant he was for Goff but he said that would be the guy "times ten."

So there you have it. Sorry mods, hope it's cool having another thread on this topic. As all my recent posts have suggested, I am 100% Wentz, but seems to be a lot closer than people think. Most media is saying Wentz, but Goff is not out of the running in this thing.

We'll find out soon enough! I just hope we make the right selection.:rockon::popcorn::cheers:

Cheers,
Bryan
Cool post man. Hope Snead wins out if thats really the case. I like Wingo. Wish I could experience that shit.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
When I was leaving I wanted to say hi to Trey and ask him his thoughts on the whole number one pick thing. He was very cool, and even mentioned he liked my Express shirt lol. He told me straight up, Fisher and Snead have not YET agreed collectively on a qb. He wouldn't elaborate, but basically he said one guy favors one qb and the other favors the other qb option. My guess, and its pretty obvious, but I think Fish likes Wentz and Snead likes Goff.
This^ Break-down of who Fisher and who Snead prefer as a QB pick is just what I thought it would be!(y) Now we will see who wins-out!!:rolllaugh:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
To me, it didn't sound like Fisher and Snead were split over which QB to take when I heard their presser. Sounded like they were sold before they made the deal with Robinson, and even Snead said, "95% of the hay is in the barn" as it relates to their evaluation.

Isiah58

UDFA
To me, it didn't sound like Fisher and Snead were split over which QB to take when I heard their presser. Sounded like they were sold before they made the deal with Robinson, and even Snead said, "95% of the hay is in the barn" as it relates to their evaluation.

Yep. I seriously doubt that they are not on the same page. Remember, Mike Silver reported that the Rams are disseminating conflicting information on who they want. This seems consistent with that, i.e., there is a "split" in the organization on who to take. Of course, I have no idea but the press conferences do not suggest this if you read their tone and body language.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Hey guys,

Cheers,
Bryan

Well, for my two cents, I hope it's Goff.
Why would you trade for the number 1 pick then take someone (Wentz) that is at least somewhat of a project?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, I'd have to believe they are in agreement before they made the move. Now, they've had plenty of time to start having second thoughts but I've got to believe they had a specific target before they moved to the #1 pick. Too much to give up for uncertainty in my opinion.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool post man. Hope Snead wins out if thats really the case. I like Wingo. Wish I could experience that crap.
Thanks man. Trey is the sh#$%t, he's one of my few favorite s on ESPN.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
One puzzling sentence...

And one disturbing sentence...

Nah, keep 'em coming. Thanks! (y)

So he works for ESPN Boston, which covers new england sports, but his physical location is within Gillette stadium.

Lol I see what ya did there with the Trev quote btw. Ha! :jerkoff::effemine:

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I agree with your sentiments boys about Fish and Snead being on same page, but any new info, whether or not it's true, is always fun to get, esp. from someone like Trey.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I agree with your sentiments boys about Fish and Snead being on same page, but any new info, whether or not it's true, is always fun to get, esp. from someone like Trey.

Thanks for bringing back intel. This is going to be a long two weeks. We absolutely must draft Goff.

Ram65

Legend
Looks like everyone in the football sports world has an opinion. It's amazing how it's divided with Wentz the favorite but, lots of Goff super supporters too. It's better than the presidential nomination talk.

Psycho_X

Legend
Random trivia, Trey Wingo was one of the sports reporters for the local NBC station in St. Louis in the 90s before he got the job at ESPN. I know, who cares but there you have it lol.

Frankly, I've seen Wentz mentioned so often I'm starting to think it'll be Goff just because of that. But that's funny if true if Fisher and Snead are split. That'll be interesting how that plays out.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Random trivia, Trey Wingo was one of the sports reporters for the local NBC station in St. Louis in the 90s before he got the job at ESPN. I know, who cares but there you have it lol.

Frankly, I've seen Wentz mentioned so often I'm starting to think it'll be Goff just because of that. But that's funny if true if Fisher and Snead are split. That'll be interesting how that plays out.
thats more stating a fact, not trivia...just saying.