A little spitballin’ on Rams possible OL ‘solutions’ this offseason...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why do y'all gate havs? Lol I feel like everything I've seen says he's a top 10 tackle. Is it scheme?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3. LOS ANGELES RAMS
It is safe to say that the Rams got the bounce-back season they badly needed from their offensive line following the disaster that was the 2019 season for Los Angeles up front.

There really wasn’t a whole lot of movement from the Rams this past offseason to add to the group, so the change centered around improvement from the players who were already on the roster. Andrew Whitworth improved his PFF grade by 16 points before his injury, while Austin Blythe’s and Austin Corbett’s grades each jumped nearly 20 points. Those improvements paled in comparison to Rob Havenstein’s jump from a 50.9 PFF grade in 2019 to 80.0 heading into this year’s postseason.

As a result, Jared Goff has been pressured on fewer than 30% of his dropbacks after that number sat at 36% in 2019. That remains one of the biggest keys to this offense moving forward, given Goff's career clean pocket vs. pressure splits.

Yeaaaah I'm not saying I wouldn't mind some elite upgrades, but I think our line is better than given credit for. They had bad stints but all position groups do.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey, I completely get it. I'm just not, in the least, convinced that the way forward is via jettison of our second most talented Olineman.
Completely agree. Havs is consistently one of the best right tackles in the league minus last year.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Feliciano doesn't do it for me. Way I view him is we already have guys who are iffy in pass pro. If we're going to go get a FA addition then go get an upgrade.

There should be a few good options at C and G. Then draft Center if FA doesn't address it.

Hope Feliciano doesn't play center like he's played guard today. Chris Jones has just abused him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Why do y'all gate havs? Lol I feel like everything I've seen says he's a top 10 tackle. Is it scheme?
I really like Havenstein a lot. He is what a lot of teams need. He has returned to where he was during the 2018 season.

It should be very clear to all why Hav would be in discussions for a trade.

Rams get a good deal of cap comfort 2021/2022 along with very good high draft selection in return in trade....nows the time to make this happen. There are not many other starting players the Rams can trade away & not suffer large amounts of pain from.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really like Havenstein a lot. He is what a lot of teams need. He has returned to where he was during the 2018 season.

It should be very clear to all why Hav would be in discussions for a trade.

Rams get a good deal of cap comfort 2021/2022 along with very good high draft selection in return in trade....nows the time to make this happen. There are not many other starting players the Rams can trade away & not suffer large amounts of pain from.
But is havs worth the cap relief though? He's a good right tackle and he only makes 8 million per year. He's too good a bargain to just trade away , imo

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
OT Joe Noteboom is now going into his 4th season. When was the last time we had a chance to see him play RT post? I am thinking it was his rookie season in 2018. Would I be wrong to say that he has been playing behind both all-pro Whitworth & veteran starting Rob Havenstein since he came to the Rams? Would it be fair to write Noteboom off so fast @ playing RT when he has yet to play that post with any regularity?

The near 6-7 tall David Edwards has now started his first two NFL seasons at both LG & RG. In college, he became a starter @ RT as a redshirt freshman in 2016. In 2017, Edwards was an All-American @ RT & in 2018, he was a first-team All-Big Ten selection @ RT, so he has a decorated college career. PFF gave RT Edwards the eighth-best run-blocking grade of any tackle prospect in the 2019 draft class. I would not want to go on record saying David Edwards has not panned out or showed any promise.
David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin (draftblaster.com)
David Edwards called a draft prospect the Bears should watch (247sports.com)

Way toBobby Evans is entering his 3rd NFL season. He started 7 games @ RT for Hav his rookie season. He did well for a rookie OT. This past season he was active for 9 gms & played in 5 gms. Evans started both playoff gms @ LG. He has played in 20 gms with 9 starts. When you read all the pre-draft profiles on Evans is sure appears that the RT post was made for Evans to play in the NFL.
Bobby Evans, OT, Oklahoma (draftblaster.com)
Analyzing Bobby Evans’ impact from Sean McVay-era of draft selections (therams.com)

Tremayne
Tremayne Anchrum Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Way to Go Bonifay’d!!

I just look at there AGE! I think there are a lot of Ram Fans that don’t appreciate there accomplishments!

I’ll just keep backing THIS Offensive Line & yeah I’d say maybe Big Rob must go? Then again who knows?

I guess with Noteboom if he sits next season,MY hope is The Rams sign him to a nice Long Term Contract on the Cheap.Maybe Big Rob walks & give The Rams a Comp Pick along with Austin Corbett.
—Yes Austin Blythe must go,only because of Youth,cap space & Size.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
But is havs worth the cap relief though? He's a good right tackle and he only makes 8 million per year. He's too good a bargain to just trade away , imo

Depends on what you get in return? I think The Rams might need to maybe add a Draft Pick to Continuing Building the Youth of this Offensive Line.
Then in 2022 The Rams look for a Veteran to Fill in for Big Andrew Whitworth.Plus Austin Corbett will be a Big Question Mark along with Noteboom.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As I’ve been posting looking at 2022 needs to be addressed this Offseason with a Plan.

I have to LOL to think David Edwards & Bobby Evans aren’t KEY Draft Picks that McSnead Hit on & The Future of The Rams Offensive Line.

This Kills me because now I’m looking ahead & going OMG. What is going to Happen moving forward if not addressed now.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
it is not just the cap relief Ram_Rally but it's the trade value (draft selection) too. This would be utilized to possibly secure a 43 DE.

If the Rams defense does switch to a 43 defense the need for 2 starting 43 DE's becomes a major priority. Thus the need such as those would be weighed heavy on such future decisions.

The real concern is ........can you provide me a possible under contract Ram 43 DE that on this roster now? 43 DE's maybe one of the hardest positions to find coming out of college next to an LT. In reviewing the 2021 contracted roster of true tested DL'ers it's evident the DL has 3 NT's types in Gaines/ Joseph-Day/ Robinson. Rams have 2 DT's Brockers & Donald. Sure would make UFA DE Morgan Fox fly up the Rams resign charts:giggle:.

Now if I were to take a highly optimistic look @ 43 DE I might say that Terrell Lewis, Eric Banks, Jonah Williams, Justin Lawler & Justin Hollins would be possible 43 DE prospects ........ :rolleyes:yikes let's hope the Rams defense remains a 34 D for at least one more season but it will be DC Raheem Morris move !

Rams have 3 to 4 other possibilities @ RT & zero @ 43 DE.

Last edited:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
it is not just the cap relief Ram_Rally but it's the trade value (draft selection) too. This would be utilized to possibly secure a 43 DE.

If the Rams defense does switch to a 43 defense the need for 2 starting 43 DE's becomes a major priority. Thus the need such as those would be weighed heavy on such future decisions.

The real concern is ........can you provide me a possible under contract Ram 43 DE that on this roster now? 43 DE's maybe one of the hardest positions to find coming out of college next to an LT. In reviewing the 2021 contracted roster of true tested DL'ers it's evident the DL has 3 NT's types in Gaines/ Joseph-Day/ Robinson. Rams have 2 DT's Brockers & Donald. Sure would make UFA DE Morgan Fox fly up the Rams resign charts:giggle:.

Now if I were to take a highly optimistic look @ 43 DE I might say that Terrell Lewis, Eric Banks, Jonah Williams, Justin Lawler & Justin Hollins would be possible 43 DE prospects ........ :rolleyes:yikes let's hope the Rams defense remains a 34 D for at least one more season but it will be DC Raheem Morris move !

Rams have 3 to 4 other possibilities @ RT & zero @ 43 DE.
I can agree. Man I wanna just fall asleep and wake up in March lol

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think jrry's idea is the right one - grab Larry Warford in FA and move Corbett to C. In the draft, get a T who can take over Whit's spot in case we're still not sure about Boom after next year. Grab another G/C who can provide quality depth as a rookie and can take over as a starter in the future since Warford is likely a one year rental.