A little mock draft fuel from our friends @ Walter Football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
So this week I have now put a lifetime ban on Starbucks Coffee and Walter Football.

Anyone else want to do something stupid?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
20 years of football...he hasn't seen many (any) worse....40 years of football here....and I gotta say, it aint looking good...I had to beat off the masses that hated Dieter Brock....Jeff Rutledge...Jawarski....Pat Haden...Jeff Kemp....and IMO....Goff was WORSE than all of them. And it didn't take 7 games to notice this...It took about 3. He looks physically scared. How do you shake that? IDK...We'll see.

Bad OL. Bad pass catchers. Bad coordination.

You show me a rookie QB who can overcome that, and I'll sell you my beachfront house in Vegas.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You show me a rookie QB who can overcome that, and I'll sell you my beachfront house in Vegas.
You must be on the Hoover Dam side of Vegas? It's growing out there baby!!!! Got a buddy named Dave Pedraza always tryin to get me to come down...
No seriously...Many QB's....have performed with poor offensive lines. Not great but admirably...decent...two that come to mind are Dan Marino....and Russell Wilson. As rookies...Not sure what Cam had to work with...Not sure what Jameis had....but they did alright. Hell, that Titan line while well drafted, performed pretty bad for Marriota too...As rookies...this is just recent history. Many QB's don't perform historically bad even with perceived horrible lines in front of them.
We'll see...next year will come and we'll get a chance to see Goff with a QB whisperer. And another Les Snead built O-Line.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You must be on the Hoover Dam side of Vegas? It's growing out there baby!!!! Got a buddy named Dave Pedraza always tryin to get me to come down...
No seriously...Many QB's....have performed with poor offensive lines. Not great but admirably...decent...two that come to mind are Dan Marino....and Russell Wilson. As rookies...Not sure what Cam had to work with...Not sure what Jameis had....but they did alright. Hell, that Titan line while well drafted, performed pretty bad for Marriota too...As rookies...this is just recent history. Many QB's don't perform historically bad even with perceived horrible lines in front of them.
We'll see...next year will come and we'll get a chance to see Goff with a QB whisperer. And another Les Snead built O-Line.

When it comes to rookie seasons you have to separate those who run read option, first off. Reason is their ability to threaten the edge completely changes rush strategy. The pocket QBs have an entirely different settling-in period in the NFL for that reason, where they see the full monte right out the gate, but of course they tend to have longer careers if and when they figure it out.

In 1983 the Dolphins only gave up 23 sacks in spite of going through 3 QBs. Marino was a QB who boldly looked deep, and defenses had a helluva time getting to him, only sacking him 10 times in 296 attempts. In 1984 en route to the Super Bowl, he was only sacked an incredible 13 times in 564 attempts. The Dolphins didn't just have a good pass blocking line, it was great brother.

Goff might bust, not denying that. But at least the Rams have brought in a staff that are going to give him and his exceptional talent every opportunity to arrive. And at this point I just don't think it's fair to him how much flak he's gotten from media and fans. No QB is going to do well behind that line and in that offense last year, at least no pocket QB. Let's wait and see what McVay does, and I'm pretty sure your opinion on Jared is going to change.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Walter (I hate the Rams) Football Mock

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

RD 4

ramsb_logo.gif
Los Angeles Rams: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Pittsburgh_logo.gif

Pittsburgh_logo.gif

The Rams almost have to draft a quarterback at some point because Jared Goof has been that bad. I've been covering the NFL for almost 20 years, and the Rams, with Goof, are the worst team I've ever seen.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017_4.php#ZPofjjqS1GGOeTzk.99

I see what he did there -- he changed one of the letters in Goff from an f to an o.

Hilarious stuff. :rolleyes:

If I change the l and the t in Walter to an n and a k I get .... Wanker !!

Am I doing this right?