A little means a lot for rusty Cudjo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-notebook-a-little-means-a-lot-for-rusty-cudjo/article_d70f0bb5-865d-57e3-89ba-5362ae390e45.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 90e45.html</a>
Rams notebook: A little means a lot for rusty Cudjo
Jermelle Cudjo did not see a lot of action Thursday night as the Rams rallied to beat the Baltimore Ravens 24-21 at the Edward Jones Dome. But the veteran defensive tackle did see his first game action since the 2012 regular-season finale.
Cudjo, a fourth-year pro working his way back after suffering a stress fracture in his foot during the spring practice period, was in on 12 defensive snaps Thursday and finished with a solo tackle and an assist.

“It was good being back out there, getting my feet wet a little bit,’’ he said. “I’m still a little rusty, but I’ve got a while till the first game to get it all cleaned up.’’

Any pain?

“Not too bad,’’ he said. “It feels pretty good. A little sore, but nothing I can’t play through.’’

Cudjo, a 6-foot-2, 304-pounder from Central Oklahoma, joined the Rams as an undrafted rookie in 2010 and saw his most extensive playing time last season as the team’s third defensive tackle. In 15 games, including four starts, Cudjo finished with 39 tackles and a sack.

He called Thursday’s return to action a game-time decision.

“We talked about it early this week and weren’t sure,’’ he said. “But this morning (defensive line coach Mike Waufle) asked me about it and told me I’d play.

“I felt like I just wanted to test it out and see where I was at, and I feel pretty good about it.’’

But even with the four starting defensive linemen taking the night off, the Rams made sure to limit Cudjo’s reps.

“We didn’t play him very much, but I talked to Coach Waufle and he said he felt like (Cudjo) did pretty well,’’ coach Jeff Fisher said.

PROMOTIONAL SCHEDULE

The Rams’ promotional schedule for 2013 will be highlighted by a postgame concert and a Long vs. Long figurine series, the first of its kind in the NFL.
“We are excited to release our promotional schedule to our fans for the 2013 season,’’ said Rams vice president of marketing and brand strategy Brian Killingsworth. “We feel these giveaways will greatly enhance the game-day experience at the Edward Jones Dome this season.’’

A quick look at this season’s promotions:

• Sunday, Sept. 8 vs. Arizona Cardinals, 3:25 p.m.: All fans will receive a blue Rams rally towel to celebrate the start of the season and to kick off the United Way of Greater St. Louis campaign. The Rams will take part in the NFL’s Back to Football efforts.

• Thursday, Sept. 26 vs. San Francisco 49ers, 7:25 p.m.: All fans will receive a #RamsPrimetime T-shirt.

• Sunday, Oct.6 vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars, 12 p.m.: The first 15,000 fans will receive a detailed Jake Long figurine, the first of two in the Long vs. Long series. It will also mark the Rams’ annual Breast Cancer Awareness game.

• Monday, Oct. 28 vs. Seattle Seahawks, 7:40 p.m.: All fans will receive a Rams’ rally flag.

• Sunday, Nov. 3 vs. Tennessee Titans, 12 p.m.: Local U.S. military heroes will be honored throughout the game as part of the team’s military appreciation efforts. The game, which will feature the Rams in their 1999-era throwback uniforms, will be followed by a country music concert.

• Sunday, Nov. 24 vs. Chicago Bears, 12 p.m.: The team will host its annual “Green’’ game to spread awareness of environmentally and socially responsible living.

• Sunday, Dec. 15 vs. New Orleans Saints, 12 p.m.: The first 15,000 youngsters age 14 and under will receive PLAY 60 NFL eye-black stickers.

• Sunday, Dec. 22 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 12 p.m.: On Fan Appreciation Day, the first 15,000 fans will receive a detailed Chris Long figurine that will connect to the Jake Long figurine to complete the Long vs. Long series. The team will again wear its 1999-era throwbacks.

nighttrain

Legend
Thanks for sharing ALBE, and very cool Cudjo getting healthy, DL at tackle a bit thin. A healthy Cudjo should make a big difference
train

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
nighttrain liking the good news:
Thanks for sharing ALBE, and very cool Cudjo getting healthy, DL at tackle a bit thin. A healthy Cudjo should make a big difference
Always happy to "Take the A Train" early on a Saturday morning. :cheers:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb2w2m1JmCY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb2w2m1JmCY</a>