A little controversy brews already concerning Titus Young

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Why is Amendola's agent speaking???????????

This from NBC Sports PFT

Danny Amendola’s agent scoffs at impact of Titus Young claim
Posted by Darin Gantt on February 6, 2013, 9:17 AM EST
St. Louis Rams v Seattle Seahawks Getty Images

The Rams’ low-risk waiver claim of wide receiver Titus Young isn’t the kind of move that impacts a team’s overall plans.

Specifically, it shouldn’t change the way they view negotiations with pending free agent wideout Danny Amendola, at least according to Amendola’s agent.

“I don’t think it affects Danny one bit,” agent Erik Burkhardt told Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “Titus Young isn’t anywhere in the same ZIP code as Danny as far as a player goes.

“I’m sure Young may disagree with that because he thinks he’s better than Calvin Johnson.”

Oh my.

Burkhardt should be careful about putting his client in harm’s way, because Young has already shown himself willing to punch a teammate.

So maybe if the Rams re-sign Amendola, he’ll be careful to tell Young that was the agent scorching him, and not reflective of his own thoughts.

nittany ram

Rookie
Re: A little controversy brews already concerning Titus Youn

Ramhusker said:

This from NBC Sports PFT

The Rams’ low-risk waiver claim of wide receiver Titus Young isn’t the kind of move that impacts a team’s overall plans.

Specifically, it shouldn’t change the way they view negotiations with pending free agent wideout Danny Amendola, at least according to Amendola’s agent.

“I don’t think it affects Danny one bit,” agent Erik Burkhardt told Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “Titus Young isn’t anywhere in the same ZIP code as Danny as far as a player goes.

“I’m sure Young may disagree with that because he thinks he’s better than Calvin Johnson.”

Oh my.

Burkhardt should be careful about putting his client in harm’s way, because Young has already shown himself willing to punch a teammate.

So maybe if the Rams re-sign Amendola, he’ll be careful to tell Young that was the agent scorching him, and not reflective of his own thoughts.

Well this is Young's first test. He better suck it up and not say a word.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

nittany ram said:
Ramhusker said:

This from NBC Sports PFT

Oh my.

And maybe it is a test. Concocted just to see if Young can keep his yap shut.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Ram Quixote said:
nittany ram said:
Interesting....

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

X said:
Ram Quixote said:
nittany ram said:
Interesting....

Ah come on, do the Sargent Shultz "Very Interesting"! Wait! That was Col Klink wasn't it? The sarge used to say, "I know nothing!".

Hram

UDFA

Ramhusker said:

This from NBC Sports PFT

Oh my.

I'm guessing the agent is staking out a negotiating position for when they start arguing Amendola's possible future contract. I don't see any controversy at all. Just an agent trying to get the most he can for one of his players.

Speeps

Starter

X said:
Ram Quixote said:
nittany ram said:
Interesting....
I wouldn't put it past the Rams organization to set something like that up.

fastcat

Pro Bowler

Young doesnt even play the slot... I dont see what the big deal is?? He lines up outside the numbers for the most part.... Megatron lined up in the slot too, that doessnt make him a slot reciever. Looks like the agent is reaching here

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

Ramhusker said:
X said:
Ram Quixote said:
nittany ram said:
Interesting....

Ah come on, do the Sargent Shultz "Very Interesting"! Wait! That was Col Klink wasn't it? The sarge used to say, "I know nothing!".
Neither. That was Arte Johnson in Laughin.

Ram_of_Old

The agent needs a lesson in public presentation. He is being provocative when he should be thinking of his client's position. The agent must have a size problem.

Still, it will be interesting to see if Young even gives this a second thought. Fisher will be watching...