A Lions Fan's Perspective

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

stan

Rookie
Iron Lion said:
stan said:
Iron Lion said:
DR RAM said:
Iron Lion said:
X
Rc is fun, ur crazy. It's mining that is terrible.

Blue
Well, it was no huddle against an end-game defense...

Thor
What?
Go away. I say for the last time. Go the freak away! Nobody wants to hear from you after a very disappointing loss. I don't piss on your Sunday paper.

Hey... I said nothing after the Patriots game.

You don't bother me puddy tat. This was a terrible loss. One of many in recent years. Your opinions are at best background noise to me. Some day soon your Lions will serve as traction under the Rams hooves on the way to another Super Bowl win. Perhaps I'll think of you then.

When Bradford is wearing a #8 Lions jersey on the sidelines with a clipboard and earpiece watching Stafford kneel out a Super Bowl win, I'll think of you.

No you won't you'll be rolling over on your stomach for your next thorazine shot to get you to the awards ceremony.

Iron Lion

Starter
Sorry Blue, I will just focus on the positives and the silly nonfootball-related things that happen during the course of the game.
And you all can bash on Stafford, I got it coming...

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm not saying you have to post everything with rose colored glasses, but try to be more tactful. For example, instead of just saying it was Bradford struggling, look at factors that impacted it. We all know that Bradford didn't play a great game, but there was reasons for it. Was he just missing everything throw and missing players open? Or was he getting no time in the pocket? Or was his receivers dropping everything? Or were they struggling to get open? The last one is what happened this game. There were times where Bradford probably could have used his legs for a first down or something similar, but the fact is the receivers were not getting open at all, and the running game wasn't being used.

But I'm rambling now. Point is if you use more tact, and post logic and reasons behind what's going on, people are less likely to pull out their torches and pitch forks. There's reasons for everything, Bradford isn't the only reason why the Rams win games and he's not the only reason why the Rams lose games. We don't need to hear that our team is lacking talent, we already know that.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Man you guys like us just can't catch a break. Now you got the badass Texans to play. I will be watching this game :twisted:

Attachments

• Turkey_cooking_c.gif
    Turkey_cooking_c.gif
    22.1 KB · Views: 264

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
All I gots to say is welcome to the "real" reffing we've seen all year. Win or lose, your team got hosed several times today. BTW... tell Suh "nice toe shot". :shock:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
RamFan503 said:
All I gots to say is welcome to the "real" reffing we've seen all year. Win or lose, your team got hosed several times today.
Hey Iron Lion. You really got hosed this game. Welcome to our world. It happened a few times, but that penalty was just ridiculous. I know the refs did it by the book, but I feel it is against the spirit of instant replay that they can refuse to review something like that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
RamFan503 said:
All I gots to say is welcome to the "real" reffing we've seen all year. Win or lose, your team got hosed several times today.
Hey Iron Lion. You really got hosed this game. Welcome to our world. It happened a few times, but that penalty was just ridiculous. I know the refs did it by the book, but I feel it is against the spirit of instant replay that they can refuse to review something like that.
Yeah, that's a stupid rule. The "no showing up the refs" rule.

That said, Schwartz really should have known better. How does a HC not know that every scoring play is reviewed?

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
brokeu91 said:
RamFan503 said:

That said, Schwartz really should have known better. How does a HC not know that every scoring play is reviewed?

Well, Fisher even said so Week 1, he got away throwing a challenge flag on either a fumble or TD. I can't remember which, but the Rams weren't assessed a 15 yard penalty even though they should have been.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
brokeu91 said:
RamFan503 said:

The integrity of the game should NEVER take a backseat to punishment.

Since the league itself has decided to protect that integrity by making review of all scoring plays and turnovers mandatory, setting that aside to punish Schwartz and his team to the maximum is an egregiously wrong decision.

This wasn't a questionable catch or a miss-spot. It was a long TD run that shouldn't have happened.

Iron Lion

Starter
Yeah, Schwartz knew immediately that he messed up. He threw the flag out of anger. He said he had it out right when the guy got up, before it was actually a score.

And I knew immediately what was gonna happen when he threw it... I learned the rule the previous week from watching the ARI@ATL game.

Anyways...

STL@ARI REVIEW

-Nice job putting the sweep on the Cards.

-What I said last time that got everyone mad now applies to your opponent. Lindley looked great at first... then was ineffective the rest of the game. I think Whis scripted his first couple drives and those were executed well (with some help with your #27) for some early points. The Rams' defensive adjustments not only neutralized Lindley but basically neutralized the early points he got as well.

-I like Jackson running down the sideline then deciding to hit a guy rather than go out, lol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Iron Lion said:
-I like Jackson running down the sideline then deciding to hit a guy rather than go out, lol.
That's all he's ever done, bro. I remember seeing videos of him at Oregon State after we drafted him and thought, "Jeeeeeez... that's SO not the way Marshall runs." And you gotta love it too (if you're a Rams fan), because there isn't a LB or DB in the league right now who wants to see that load running at him full speed.

P.S. You like the new EOC?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Iron Lion said:
That's all he's ever done, bro. I remember seeing videos of him at Oregon State after we drafted him and thought, "Jeeeeeez... that's SO not the way Marshall runs." And you gotta love it too (if you're a Rams fan), because there isn't a LB or DB in the league right now who wants to see that load running at him full speed.

P.S. You like the new EOC?

Back in the day when the Cardinals were the St.L team and I was a fan we had a guy named Otis Anderson, he started his career that way and was a terror to DB's on the sideline, then the Steelers came to town and Franco Harris advised him to run out of bounds and his career would last longer.
Good thing for Franco he and I never met up, few things pissed me off more than seeing the change in Anderson after that. At the time he was drafted OJ did a thing he called "bladeing " tacklers , he'd throw a forearm straight at the guys facemask , it'd snap their heads back and so some would drop their heads and OJ would sidestep them inbounds and gain MORE yards, but after meeting Harris he wasn't the same.
It tickles the shit out of me that SJ is going to pass Harris in total yards soon if he hasn't already.

Iron Lion

Starter
I do like the new EOC. Lots of people hate it but not me.

-takes off glove and slaps the Dude- Sir I challenge you do a duel.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Iron Lion said:
I do like the new EOC. Lots of people hate it but not me.

-takes off glove and slaps the Dude- Sir I challenge you do a duel.
I like it too.

challenge-accepted-300x246-57131.png

Iron Lion

Starter
I was convinced Zürlein was going to miss. It just seemed like destiny, so close to another tie. But I'm glad your boys beat that idiot Harbaugh.

And I could swear I heard a curse word at some point in the broadcast right before a snap lol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Iron Lion said:
I was convinced Zürlein was going to miss. It just seemed like destiny, so close to another tie. But I'm glad your boys beat that idiot Harbaugh.

And I could swear I heard a curse word at some point in the broadcast right before a snap lol.
Thanks.

And it was probably Harvey Dahl. :sly:

Iron Lion

Starter
STL@TB review

I have to say I was really impressed with Bradford today.

Started off with two bad decisions in a row, checking it down and getting his guys obliterated. But after the Rams I guess turned it over to themselves, he was looking sharp all of a sudden. He was taking shots downfield and completing most of them or at least forcing the DBs to make great plays.

Then he threw the INT, and I was interested to see how he'd respond to that. But he didn't implode or turn conservative for the rest of the game--he kept throwing downfield instead of sideways to checkdowns.

So there guys I said it.

I left with around 5 minutes to go so I didn't get to see if Schiano did his retarded BS and throttled you guys on the kneel down. Did Schiano turn into an NFL head coach yet or what?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Iron Lion said:
STL@TB review

I have to say I was really impressed with Bradford today.

Started off with two bad decisions in a row, checking it down and getting his guys obliterated. But after the Rams I guess turned it over to themselves, he was looking sharp all of a sudden. He was taking shots downfield and completing most of them or at least forcing the DBs to make great plays.

Then he threw the INT, and I was interested to see how he'd respond to that. But he didn't implode or turn conservative for the rest of the game--he kept throwing downfield instead of sideways to checkdowns.

So there guys I said it.

I left with around 5 minutes to go so I didn't get to see if Schiano did his retarded BS and throttled you guys on the kneel down. Did Schiano turn into an NFL head coach yet or what?

No, by the end he was sure they'd lost so one score wasn't going to make a difference.

They went on 4th down in field goal range I think three times and turned the ball over all three times, the first two if he'd taken the points he'd have been able to keep the game a lot closer and made our d have to guess more.

Iron Lion

Starter
OK, thanks. And yeah I saw the first two failed 4th downs.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Iron Lion said:
OK, thanks. And yeah I saw the first two failed 4th downs.
It was dumb not taking the points the way they were getting us to punt it back to them ,just dumb,especially SINCE his play calling looked to be designed to get the first down on third instead of putting yourself in 4th and half a yard, although Brockers stuffed one of those as well.
I defended Schiano about the original kneel down surge play , but overall he's seeming to be a bit over the top and IMO will self destruct at some point and give us a Denny Green, Jim Mora,Herm Edwards type microphone meltdown for ESPN to run into the ground.