1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A Lions Fan's Perspective

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Iron Lion, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Iron Lion Active Member

You're describing the Titus Young headbut personal foul, which was against us. I'm talking about what your Finnegan did. That would have been against you, but it was not called. I believe I said it should have been 15 yards, but actually would have been half the distance... still would have made a TD more likely.

Firstly, if called, even as a mere delay of game, it would have stopped the clock. The Lions should have called timeout, but instead they rushed up to the ball. Either way there should have been more time as Finnegan's actions were illegal. Hence more likely for a Lions TD, possibly pulling Stafford's head out of his ass sooner in the game and changing the outcome. This is all just my response to the clock mismanagement and inelligible man downfield talk.

Secondly, any foul which pertains to player safety is a personal foul or unsportsmanlike... I don't see where you have an out on this one. Also, it actually was unsportsmanlike, i.e. tactless and without class. But hey this is the NFL, where cheating is allowed if it's not caught. I do understand that trust me. Many would say having class is to be saved for before and after the game.

Third, Megatron actually didn't come off the field. Watch it again. He is simply a beast lol. Whiplash, helmet broken, he stays in.

Fourth, do I hate your dirty Finnegan like you all hate my dirty Suh? Yeah. But at least I can admit I'd love to have Finnegan on my team...

2. Username Has a Well-Known Member

This weak divisions "3rd best team" almost beat your sorry asses at your home season opener with a brand new coaching staff and the youngest team in the league. Skelton is injured btw, and the 49ers just beat Greenbay at home with a solid performance.

I'm not going to even go into the crap on Bradford because I'm tired, and I've had enough.

You're entitled to your opinion though. At least it is in the English language, and legible. Good post.

3. Iron Lion Active Member

Thanks. And yeah I mean, if you told me the Rams would get a 'moral victory' I still wouldn't have predicted this outcome. If you guys can generate turnovers like that sustainably, then you can hang with any team.

And I'm sticking with my SF comments. Only week 1.

Also by tiebreakers, my prediction for the NFC West standings is 100% correct so far. :shock:

4. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Well.... Firstly, I am still not sure there is a rule against it. You may not like the tactic and in your shoes I no doubt wouldn't either.

Secondly, OK, he waited a play before coming off the field to get his helmet fixed.

Thirdly, are you kidding me? I really like the addition of Finnegan. But I would love me some Suh any day and twice on Sunday. Er... ehem... on my team that is. :shock:

5. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

Right? Find ONE guy who wouldn't want Suh on this team.

I triple dog dare ya.

[​IMG]

6. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

Bill Devaney

7. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

Oooh. Good one. :sly:

I meant, show me a fan who wouldn't want him on this team now.

8. Ram Quixote Knight Errant

Yeah that's an Oops on me. I was sneaking a post at work.

But again, an INT was just as likely as a TD.

Besides, a speculated PF on Finnegan isn't the same as the NFL admitted oops on the clock that changed the Rams' playcalling.

9. Iron Lion Active Member

Well at least we should be able to agree that if the Lions are forced to burn their last timeout, the game is still easily tied and sent to OT with the way Stafford was playing at the end.

10. Ram Quixote Knight Errant

I have no doubt of that.

11. Iron Lion Active Member

Some observations and such after watching your game...

WEEK 2
    REDSKINS @ RAMS
    A LIONS FAN'S PERSPECTIVE

When Wayne Hunter came in, they started yelling 5-0... I'm pretty sure this wasn't the Rams yelling this, as you usually only indicate the mike linebacker, who is #59. And there is no #50 on the Rams... so were the Redskins shouting out "5-0" as a Hawai'i reference, since Hunter is a Pacific Islander? There wasn't a need to announce it like he was a jumbo TE or something, as it was well known that Saffold left the game... so I guess the Redskins are jokers?

No love from the refs in this game, particularly on that one scoring drive where they called the Rams twice for PFing RG3. Also the early TD and the Pead spot on the non-first down, both of which should have been challenged. Instead Fisher challenges something that can't be challenged, but gets away with it, lol. In his defense, he really had no choice. But I think the calls started evening out near the end.

You all got Tim Ryan for the second week in a row... I wonder if he's starting to like your team. He did observe that Fletcher got pissed on that final Rams drive, and then the very next play he strips the ball out. He is a true pro... perhaps instead of all the questions about whether the Rams should've taken RG3 they should be asking why the Rams let Fletcher go. My dad was wondering the whole game why SJ was being held out, like it was such a big deal that he cost the Rams 15 yards on a 4th down, and he was flipping out saying SJ wouldn't have fumbled there.

This game was surprisingly similar to the Cardinals @ Patriots game... back and forth, and then a fumble towards the end, and then a missed FG. Of course the Pats should've made theirs. The Redskins' try was from way too far away, and it was probably FinFinFinnegan's postplay jawing, aside from "the shove," inducing that unsportsmanlike conduct, lol. And then Finnegan waves his arms around on the FG try and for some reason that seemed to actually work, as Cundiff ended up kicking it right at him it seemed.

So to cap it off... the RG3 questions are smothered at least for this year, the Rams are in the 1-1 cluster of teams and Bradford gets a 15-point comeback in the books. Good game fellas.

12. JdashSTL Well-Known Member

After watching the game again, I still cant believe how much of mess that redzone sequence was for the SJ spike. Until they brought Mike Periera in, I completely forgot about turnovers being automatically reviewed, and arent these replay officials supposed to be the regular ones? How did they screw both those plays up so badly? Fisher said he tried telling the FG unit to take of delay of game but apparently they didnt get that message haha.

What did you think about the Jenkins hit? I thought that was clean, shoulder-to-helmet.

I dont know why the Redskins didnt try a hail mary or at least try to get the 1st down.

13. Iron Lion Active Member

Refresh my memory: which Jenkins hit? I just got through lots of football, and my Lions game is in the forefront of everything for me.

Also Cundiff has a powerful leg, he was kicking touchbacks all day long... it's just he has horrible accuracy. So I guess they figured let him try a long one, he should at least have the leg for it.

14. JdashSTL Well-Known Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1PhsdrpPAc[/youtube]

15. Iron Lion Active Member

The rules are clear. You cannot lead with the head or use any part of your body to hit the opponent's head when they are defenseless.

16. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

You should amend that to read the rules are clear to everybody but officials. Still a nice shot though (to me at least).

Sent via Tapatalk2.

17. had Member

In the second shot of the hit, you can see the Rams sideline. After the hit, a Rams player jumps up, all excited. At first I thought it was Bradford, but it looks more like the punter, number 6?

Loved that hit. Not dirty.

18. Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

It looked like shoulder-to-collarbone to me. Davis is 6'4"; Jenkins is 5'10". Jenkins would've had to have jumped in order to hit any part of Davis' head, even the chin, and Jenkins' feet never left the ground before the hit.

I'm very willing to bet that the concussion that Davis got was from his head hitting the ground and jerking forward. It's extremely unfortunate for Davis, and I don't wish concussions on anyone; I know just how bad they can be. But this was a clean hit, and I'd be saying the same thing if it was DeAngelo Hall on Lance Kendricks. You take away these kinds of hits, and you might as well fold the NFL completely.

19. Iron Lion Active Member

20. Faceplant Well-Known Member

HA!! What dream sequence did you rip that ^^^ from??