A Halloween Mock Draft.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Note: this is just the mock draft without any trades (as a note, it will be very different than my previous mocks with none of the same players that I had in the last draft).

1. Josh Doctson, WR, TCU.

I love this kid. He reminds me of a mix between Jordan Matthews and DeVante Parker. He has excellent speed, runs very good routes for a guy out of an Air Raid system, and he can leap out of the stadium and come down with the catch every time. He's a senior who has improved every year he's been at TCU, and he's easily the second best receiver in this class behind Treadwell.

2a (Eagles). Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh.

Boyd reminds me of a mix between a faster Keenan Allen and a slower Larry Fitzgerald. He's able to extend and pluck passes out of the air. He falls to our high second only because of his measurables and because of an alcohol-related incident on his record.

2b (Rams). Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida.

Bullard is basically a better version of Will Hayes in that he's extremely versatile, can rush the passer, stuff the run, and do pretty much everything that Florida asks him to do. Not a sexy pick, but a safe one for sure.

3. Max Tuerk, C, USC

I know that Tuerk is coming off of an ACL. I get it. But this kid would be a first round center prospect if not for that injury. He will man the position because he's 6'6" and only getting bigger. He's strong at the point of attack, anchors well, and is a fantastic pass-protector. He is also extremely intelligent and calls all of the shots for the line at USC.

4. Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson.

Leggett isn't a name that's come up often, but he is a touchdown machine at 6'5", 255 lbs. (he has six touchdowns in seven games this year). The only reason he falls this far is because of effort issues and blocking, but he's apparently matured a ton, and unlike, say, Jared Cook, Leggett doesn't drop passes.

6. Kenya Dennis, CB, Missouri.

Dennis is a solid cornerback who can man the boundary and in the slot. He's also able to play free safety in a pinch, and he's a very vocal leader who hates to lose (he is known for staying at his community college because he wanted them to have a winning record before he left). He's also known to run a 4.4 flat at 5'11", 200 lbs., and he's a well-rounded cornerback. He's likely depth, but he's depth that you need, and with a sixth round pick, anything you get is awesome.

Thoughts are more than welcome.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A lot of WRs...but I can't say that's a bad choice. Are we letting Quick go?

Love Boyd. Bullard is a stud. He's a lot like Michael Bennett. Quality DE especially against the run but really wreaks havoc when you line him up inside. Haven't evaluated the rest of the guys yet so I can't comment. Good job!

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A lot of WRs...but I can't say that's a bad choice. Are we letting Quick go?

Love Boyd. Bullard is a stud. He's a lot like Michael Bennett. Quality DE especially against the run but really wreaks havoc when you line him up inside. Haven't evaluated the rest of the guys yet so I can't comment. Good job!

Yeah, Quick's gone in this scenario. Almost praying that Scooby Wright doesn't declare this year so that we have a chance to draft him next year. We don't need a linebacker yet, but we desperately need wide receiver help. I don't love Boyd as much as De'Runnya Wilson, but I wanted to do something different.

Bullard's someone that I like. I like Ogbah a lot more. I don't see him being as good as Bennett is, but Ogbah really reminds me of Ezekiel Ansah, and he's apparently slipping.

Tuerk is like a better Cam Erving in that he played all over the line and found a home at center. Figured you'd like him as a prospect.

Dennis might or might not make the roster, but there really isn't much in the sixth round that's great. There isn't the depth that the last draft had.

Leggett isn't my favorite either (that would be Hunter Henry), but the tight ends (Henry aside) suck. The draft class honestly sucks right now. I almost wouldn't draft a tight end this year, just roll with a three-wide, one-tight end, one back set as our base offense. I don't think Hooper will come out early. Leggett might, but he's a lot like Jared Cook, so I'm really regretting putting him there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder about Jake McGee. Not sold on him as a blocker but he has outstanding hands and would be really tearing it up this year on an offense with a more reliable QB. Guy is a 3rd down machine.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I wonder about Jake McGee. Not sold on him as a blocker but he has outstanding hands and would be really tearing it up this year on an offense with a more reliable QB. Guy is a 3rd down machine.

Had a horrible injury last year and is a poor effort blocker. Not what I'm looking for. I really wonder about these tight ends coming up. None of them seem to do things the right way like, say, a Witten. I mean, that guy doesn't have the greatest physical gifts, but you can't tell me that the dude isn't a multi-faceted weapon on the field on every down. Where did those tight ends go?

Stel

Starter
FYI - I think both Hunter Henry and Nick Vannett could be the old style TEs that both block and catch the ball. Haven't seen enough of Bryce Williams yet but he might join that list. I've wanted a traditional type TE for several years now.

Memento

Name
Jemma
FYI - I think both Hunter Henry and Nick Vannett could be the old style TEs that both block and catch the ball. Haven't seen enough of Bryce Williams yet but he might join that list. I've wanted a traditional type TE for several years now.

That's why I really like Hunter Henry, but according to @jrry32 , people are questioning his blocking this year. Austin Hooper out of Stanford is another one, but he might not declare this year.

As a note, I'm going to update with a mock offseason today. I'm not as upset as I was yesterday, but I'm bored as shit in the hospital, and I really don't have anything else to do, so...yeah.

lockdnram21

Legend
Don't think we need 2 receivers that early especially if Fishers still coach. We just need the RIGHT RECEIVER.
I want Boyd or willson