A great tip for Sunday Ticket members...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
At least this is new to me. On Mon-Wed on channels 705 and 706 they broadcast Short Cuts of every Sunday NFL game. Every single play. It's fabulous.

MUCH better than Rewind. All you've gotta do is scan your Guide Schedule for those two channels only until you find the broadcast time of the game(s) you're interested in, then press the Record button.

I've been a Ticket member for years and never knew about this feature. Maybe it's brand new, I dunno. Learned about it in a DirectTV email.

Some things I noticed while watching that I missed in my original viewing...

What's up with the GZ semi squib KO's? They SUCK! Who's bright idea was that? They gotta GO.

I have to say that both Saffold and Long quietly had pretty danged good games. Not dominating, but effective.

While I'm at it, Joseph played much better than I originally thought and I scarcely noticed Barksdale (probably a good thing). Our OL is starting to gel, perhaps.

Lovie was really sending the blitzes, but our OL mostly picked them up. I'm more encouraged than before, anyway.

Brockers seemed only about 80% to me. I think that ankle is affecting him.

Donald is gonna be a beast. They should put a camera on him on every play.

Still unable to understand our apparent LB problem. It's not the players, gotta be the scheme. GW needs to figure this out PDQ.

GW still has some tinkering to do with this D. I'm sensing that they're getting by on individual talent and individual playmaking. They just haven't quite clicked with the team D concept, yet. But when they do, look out!

Even more impressed with Davis, now. Kept his poise and made plays in the face of a determined constant blitz assault. Looked like a 5 year vet.

Many, many players contributed to this win on our O side of the ball. You could almost name everybody, actually. Without that, Davis has no chance.

Harkey is one tough son of a gun. Goldson is a POS.

I'm an even bigger TJM fan now than I was before. He made many plays in addition to the 2 blocked kicks and the Evans tackle at the end. His tackling and playmaking are inspiring. I predict he will join C Long and J Lau as Defensive team leaders.

Last, but not least, that last drive was a thing of beauty. So many players executed well from the OL to the QB.

I think we're gonna have some more drives and games to smile about before this season is over, fellas. We're just getting warmed up...
Edit Reply Quote Report

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I have to say that both Saffold and Long quietly had pretty danged good games. Not dominating, but effective.

While I'm at it, Joseph played much better than I originally thought and I scarcely noticed Barksdale (probably a good thing). Our OL is starting to gel, perhaps.

Hopefully that wasn't just a result of the Bucs playing with out their 3 best D-Linemen. I wish we had a better option than Wells.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What's up with the GZ semi squib KO's? They SUCK! Who's bright idea was that? They gotta GO.

Those were by design? Oh man I figured the wet field played a role in it because maybe he slipped a little. If the idea was to actually do that I don't like that plan AT ALL.

RFIP

Been like that forever. It's part of the ST Max package which I insist on every year.

I re-watch the games numerous times that way with slo mo, pause, etc.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Still unable to understand our apparent LB problem. It's not the players, gotta be the scheme. GW needs to figure this out PDQ.
Agree with all your other points except this one, as it is the players. JL is not a physical thumper to begin with and he's coming off a preseason injury. He relies on his brain as the QB of the defense, but he missed an adjustment against the Minnesota TE overload that led to the Patterson big TD. Against TB he overcompensated by shifting the LBs toward the strong side, so TB would simply run a weakside counter that consistently broke for big chunks. In sum, JL just isn't 100% mentally or physically yet.

Ogletree has been MIA, contributing pretty much nothing except waiving at the feet of a ball carrier after taking a horrible angle or not getting off a block. Let's hope it's not going to be a year long sophomore slump and he gets back to racking up tackles and turnovers.

Meanwhile the guy who is supposed to be the weakness, Dunbar, is contributing more than expected -- tackles for loss, pressuring the QB (notwithstanding that wrong roughing the passer call). Dunbar isn't an every down guy any more, so this is where GW's scheming comes into play. He's freeing up Dunbar to make big plays happen and get the d fired up, seems a good role for him.