A Gaggle of WRs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

donsods

UDFA
Rams seem to have a lot of WRs on the roster. Does Tavon Austin re-emerge? Do we ever see Mike Thomas fulfill his potential? Does Josh Reynolds take the next step? Who is gone by opening day?

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Might be the best recieving core in the league. My only worry is goal line, Watkins played great and had a lot of tds in the red zone.

Hopefully Reynolds adds a little weight and gives Goff a big target down there

Last edited:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Currently have 6 WRs in the 53-man roster:

Cooks, Woods, Kupp, Reynolds, Austin, and Thomas

Wouldn't be surprised if we kept all of them. It's nice knowing we went from Britt, Quick, and Austin as the starting three to one of those guys being a viable role player. I'm interested in Thomas's development, he's a physical receiver who can go deep and run good routes but needs to improve his hands.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don’t forget about Everett, Hemingway and Higbee. Especially Everett and Higbee since they have a year under their belt with McVay.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Currently have 6 WRs in the 53-man roster:

Cooks, Woods, Kupp, Reynolds, Austin, and Thomas

What about me?
download (1).jpeg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reynolds is the future Red Zone guy, imo. They have to get him some weight/muscle on ebay! My hope rests in him to be that guy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooks, Woods, Kupp and Cooper are locks for the 53. Reynolds would seem to have an inside track being a McVay draftee and all. That makes 5 and if they draft one, its a tough road for Austin and Thomas IMO

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Might be the best recovering core in the league. My only worry is goal line, Watkins played great and had a lot of tds in the red zone.

No doubt about missing Sammy at the goal line, however we can always give the ball to Gurley, and our other guys aren't too bad they're just not dominating with physical presence.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Man, I love the Rams having this "problem". Remember two years ago when Britt was the indispensable part of our WR corps?

MachS

Hall of Fame
Might be the best recovering core in the league. My only worry is goal line, Watkins played great and had a lot of tds in the red zone.

I would anticipate Gerald being a huge part of our red zone packages this year. My guess is at least 7 TDs from the TE position which should help alleviate the loss in red zone production.

fearsomefour

Legend
Cooks, Woods, Kupp, Cooper, Reynolds, Austin.....thatd be the six.....maybe they carry seven with Thomas.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would anticipate Gerald being a huge part of our red zone packages this year. My guess is at least 7 TDs from the TE position which should help alleviate the loss in red zone production.

I also see Cooks and the other receivers getting more long tds than the Rams got last year - so relatively fewer red zone needs. Cooks won't be cutting routes short, but will be fighting to be open for long bombs, which will mean that intermediate stuff will open for everybody else.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fred Brown fwiw is also still on the roster signed to a futures/reserve deal.

Name
Seth Griffith
I would actually like to see a little more of what P. Cooper is capable of. Wasn’t he pretty dynamic in college? I know there are only so many snaps during the game, but I really want to see what he can do during the preseason.

Also, not on the TE spectrum, but I’m pretty excited and expect to see some serious growth and bigger numbers from G Everret this year. A lot of raw skill and ability that I hope breaks out.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
One of two things are in Tavon’s future.

1) He will be traded, probably before the draft, but maybe during it.

2) Or he will be released on or before final cutdown day.

The End

Turducken

Starter
I could envision a trade up package with P. Cooper and our 3rd to move into the mid 2nd round (especially if an OLB/edge with a day 1 grade falls). Otherwise, I assume Thomas won't make the 53.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What I like about our WR group is the depth of options for the QB.

I have always liked Cooks, but that said he's not as good obviously as your elite wideouts at making contested catches and dealing with elite physical press corners. But that aside he's a really nice fit for this offense, because he runs precise routes in spite of his size and isn't going to be the only option out there. Which means double the dude at your own risk.

This offense might still struggle a bit come the playoffs again. But I think they are actually better off with this group in terms of "fits" than they were with last year's group. Cooks will get a full camp too, which cannot be overemphasized irt the how and why Watkins struggled. IMO whether they take the next step in the playoffs is a combination of Goff's evolution, OL health, and whether Everett can emerge as another matchup problem in the passing game.

TexasRam

Legend
Besides the goaline stretch vs the Niners which ones of Watkins other 7 TD’s required strength or height?

Most were quick slants or free running TD’s, when you analyze them.

Point is- Watkins TD’s could easily be replaced by any of our WR’s.