A Follow Up from db on Rams Insider News

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
A follow up from db on Inside the Rams Organization
http://www.ramsrule.com/herd/read.php?5,470750,471025#msg-471025

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay, been traveling, but thought I would address a couple of things that were posted as a result of my post:

1. I want to represent this correctly - what I posted is just 2 peoples opinion in the org. It does not represent the aggregate or even necessarily the prevailing opinion throughout management. In the end there is only one opinion that truly matters, Mr Fisher's, but I just thought I would provide the info on what is being discussed, as I found it interesting.

2. The draft board will certainly move around a little as the draft approaches with workouts, interviews, etc., it always does, but the sense I got is that the draft board has been much laid out from a "film watching" perspective.

3. Right now they are going through every contingency and scenario possible, and the toughest seems to be what to do if Clowney is on the board at #2. They love him, but its not a position of extreme need, and if you can turn it into another draft bounty, then you may have to do that. The reality is that the Rams are still in rebuilding mode, and more high picks always help. But they don't want to move down too far. They still want 2 picks in the top 20, because that is where the top players/starters are.

4. Regarding the seemingly hottest topic of Britt/Watkins/WR's. All I can tell you is that the Britt signing does not affect their draft board at all. The reality is that any WR they draft will be marginally effective in year 1, that is what history shows. By the time they are truly a #1 receiver (in year 2 or 3, or in Quick's case, possibly never), Britt will likely be long gone. The risk/reward ratio of the Britt signing was just simply very much in the Ram's favor. That's how you have to look at any signing. They like Watkins, but don't want to use #2 on him. They feel like they could trade down a few spots and still get him, or at worst get a comparable player at 13 or wherever. The main concern is that they don't want to miss out on one of the good OT's. Again, where the rubber meets the road for this team, is protecting Bradford and opening holes for the running game. Its a game of chicken, always is, you have to try and not fall in love too much with any particular player, and trust your ratings/evals.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The main concern is that they don't want to miss out on one of the good OT's. Again, where the rubber meets the road for this team, is protecting Bradford and opening holes for the running game.
I sure hope this is accurate.

xander47

Rookie
The main concern is that they don't want to miss out on one of the good OT's. Again, where the rubber meets the road for this team, is protecting Bradford and opening holes for the running game. Its a game of chicken, always is, you have to try and not fall in love too much with any particular player, and trust your ratings/evals.

I think this is the most important thing about the Rams brass. Falling in love with scenarios rather than players. There is no wrong plan. Just the best plan that works around what everyone else is doing.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
So,,, after reading this,,, I realize that there's a 50% chance of rain tomorrow. I now know exactly what's going to happen.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Not sure the validity of the source but it sure sound logical. If we are stuck at 2 with no acceptable deals on the table and Clowney is there I grab him and don't look back.

RamzFanz

Damnit
"They still want 2 picks in the top 20, because that is where the top players/starters are."

BS. They aren't giving up Clowney, an immediate impact player with a fantastic coaching staff, for another top 20 and whatever.

The only exception would be a bounty of future picks you simply couldn't walk away from. Like the RG3 deal.