A few thoughts on this ‘morning after’…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Hopefully, McVay has learned his lesson on maintaining a balanced attack. If so, then this O can be downright potent.

‘Fixing’ the running game playcalling might have been the last missing puzzle piece.

Williams is a better back than I was giving him credit for. Hell, much better, tbh. He was a beast in that 2nd half and the entire team fed off of him. I think Rams are onto something with KW. Sure, the blocking was terrific but KW was getting still more on top of that. Very impressive.

Upgrading that OL this offseason and adding size and physicality was brilliant. That, plus the Wendell hire might have been the single biggest and best offseason move. Now all things are possible on O.

Don’t look now, but I think this OL is just gonna keep getting better and better. Many pundits failed to recognize how much Rams upgraded their OL and how important that was. Now look at the egg on their face. Lol.

This last Snead draft is looking better and better these days, huh? Might be an All Timer. Promising rookies everywhere.

The Witherspoon and Dotson signings are looking pretty darned smart, too.

Rams still are weak at one edge and I still consider Kendrick a ticking penalty time bomb but even I have to love the results on D this week. 9 points allowed? And 3 of those were gifted by that Trammel fumble. Wow! Can you imagine this D after the addition of a quality Edge and solidifying CB next offseason?

So many youngsters are already contributing and there are several others waiting in the wings for their opportunities. Rams future looks bright, especially considering the improved cap situation next year.

ST are looking downright solid lately, don’t you think? Evans and Maher keep improving, Trammel has flashed as a returner (fumble notwithstanding) and coverage units seem to be doing their job.

Bottom line, I now more than ever feel that this Ram team can be a legit wild card playoff candidate. That’s a great feeling in a rebuild year.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
Agreed on all points. A second potent edge rusher would make us a playoff contender

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Snead did a masterful job in this past draft. I would like to get an update on the situation with Stetson Bennett.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm hoping McVay learned something from this. Sure, early in the game running will be harder against a fresh defense. But they can't get away from it like the first half yesterday. Knowing you might run gives the defense something more to think about. Knowing you won't run makes it easier for them to pin their ears back and get after Stafford.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So you're saying this D would be better if we had Floyd and Ramsey?
Nope. You’ve missed the point entirely.

Both Floyd and Ramsey (including their salaries) must be goners to set up Rams cap situation favorably for next offseason.

What I am saying is that draft picks and/or affordable FA’s can fix those few holes next year and make Rams a SB contender once again.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
The greatest surprise is us how good our rookies are plus the acquisition of Dotson and Witherspoon we literally hit on every rookie starter and contributing right away insane that is the reason we are 3-3.

We must get OLB help and it may need to come in a major and minor upgrade 2 players.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The tale of two halves. The team looked totally different from the first to the second half. I’m not talking about the scoring. In the first half the team looked like they were not in control. The Cardinals were dictating everything that happened just the way they wanted it to. The Rams had no identity. With their early season passing concepts taken away for another week they looked lost without a clear identity.

In the second half they came out and decided to take control. The entire team came out of the locker looking to take control and dominate. The line appeared to be playing with more power and intent. Williams was running fast, powerfully and decisively. Receivers bought right in with good blocking. Then the defense followed suit. Suddenly the tackling was better. The coverage was better, the pass rush was better. More bodies were swarming to the ball. Maybe, hopefully we are witnessing a team transitioning into a powerful and dominant squad that isn’t just trying to react because the game plan was taken away.

Likewise, I hope we are seeing an evolution with the coaches. Who hopefully see and feel the difference between these two halves.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I said this in the celebration thread. The first half was very deflating and it would have been upsetting if McVay and this roster lost to an inferior team and coaching staff.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Nope. You’ve missed the point entirely.

Both Floyd and Ramsey (including their salaries) must be goners to set up Rams cap situation favorably for next offseason.

What I am saying is that draft picks and/or affordable FA’s can fix those few holes next year and make Rams a SB contender once again.

Okay. So you're talking about next season. Not this one. Got it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Cards were holding on by their fucking fingernails early on. Their HC is a goofball but tactically he's excellent and had a good gameplan, and he's had them in every game for the most part. Rams just have too many matchup advantages to be kept down by those guys for too long.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Cards were holding on by their fucking fingernails early on. Their HC is a goofball but tactically he's excellent and had a good gameplan, and he's had them in every game for the most part. Rams just have too many matchup advantages to be kept down by those guys for too long.
They basically used the Eagles game plan from the week before. And it worked in the first half. Fortunately, they don't have the same talent as the Eagles.