A few thoughts on Panther game…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I'm finding it more & more difficult every week to understand why we aren't making use of our blocking FB/TE Roger Carter. This thrown together RB group could certainly benefit from him, and he's shown to have excellent hands as a receiver. Discounting all this, he's a special teams demon when even that unit is struggling. Get this guy active on game days and throw another wrench into the oppositions game plans. jmo.

You and I have been wanting this all year, starting with the first official 53.

I think first and foremost, Carter helps STs. I cannot believe the 2 blocked punts already. How can you be the up back and NOT block a guy coming straight down the gut? Carter is also capeable of participating in a fake punt. His tackling would help on coverage. We’ve missed a few.

As for playing TE/FB, does anybody really see either Blanton of Hopkins as legit enough to consider the position not in need of an upgrade?

We are not getting enough support in helping the OL block. A blocking TE would help.

I’d like to see this guy play.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm finding it more & more difficult every week to understand why we aren't making use of our blocking FB/TE Roger Carter. This thrown together RB group could certainly benefit from him, and he's shown to have excellent hands as a receiver. Discounting all this, he's a special teams demon when even that unit is struggling. Get this guy active on game days and throw another wrench into the oppositions game plans. jmo.
I'd like to see Carter worked into the scheme. Or as a few mentioned try Hoecht as an occasional power runner/blocker
Hopkins threw a key block on Henderson's big run..
And.. isn't Benny Slow doing that? While making defenses stay in lighter personnel groups?
I don't see working in a rookie UDFA just for the heck of it.
I'd love to see them try it. I think Carter could play Skows role. It would give them a better blocker while still being a pass catching option.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'd like to see Carter worked into the scheme. Or as a few mentioned try Hoecht as an occasional power runner/blocker

I'd love to see them try it. I think Carter could play Skows role. It would give them a better blocker while still being a pass catching option.
I have no idea why they would have him play Show's role when Show is so clearly successful in it...

Again.. I get liking a prospect.. but we're talking about a UDFA who hasn't played a regular season snap in the NFL.
You and I have been wanting this all year, starting with the first official 53.

I think first and foremost, Carter helps STs. I cannot believe the 2 blocked punts already. How can you be the up back and NOT block a guy coming straight down the gut? Carter is also capeable of participating in a fake punt. His tackling would help on coverage. We’ve missed a few.

As for playing TE/FB, does anybody really see either Blanton of Hopkins as legit enough to consider the position not in need of an upgrade?

We are not getting enough support in helping the OL block. A blocking TE would help.

I’d like to see this guy play.
I absolutely see Hopkins as being a solid #2 TE.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have no idea why they would have him play Show's role when Show is so clearly successful in it...

Again.. I get liking a prospect.. but we're talking about a UDFA who hasn't played a regular season snap in the NFL.

I absolutely see Hopkins as being a solid #2 TE.

I did say “Try it”, not replace Skow. They had a lot of players touch the ball, even if it was only once or twice. What would one more matter against a weak opponent like Carolina.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People may be overlooking the importance of Sko being a receiver, when he is lined up at FB. To be able to stay in 11 Personnel, yet have a fullback, Absolutely changes the Defense's personnel.